US Airways Death Watch

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 12/18/2002 8:02:24 AM wings396 wrote:
[P]The Shuttle is bleeding more cash than most of the system anyway. Other than the slots it is worthless. The Shuttle was on the way out when we bought it from Trump due to the high speed train service. Give Bonehead the Shuttle and wish him well.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]due to the state of the industry at the moment i'd agree.but i read several other majors are going to try a low cost competitor against U.must not be that bad.

I'll bet the big boys are finalizing their exit strategy right now to loot whatever value is left. Such seems to be the ethics and honesty of senior corporate management these days.

It seems Dave is trying to make the concessions so onerous that he wants them rejected, thereby blaming the unions for the company shutdown.

US Airways can't give the Shuttle terminal at LGA to Bronner, since it's not theirs to give in the first place.

CO owns the building at LGA. US just leases it from them.

What would they do, use a hole in the chain-link fence to board people? Last I checked, gate space at LGA is at a premium. There's nothing available, and taking 8 gates away (via the Shuttle building) means they'd need 8 elsewhere at LGA.

They can't just create gate space out of thin air.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/18/2002 8:51:17 AM Winglet wrote:

I'll bet the big boys are finalizing their exit strategy right now to loot whatever value is left. Such seems to be the ethics and honesty of senior corporate management these days.

It seems Dave is trying to make the concessions so onerous that he wants them rejected, thereby blaming the unions for the company shutdown.
----------------
[/blockquote]

It does seem like they are wanting this rejected, doesn't it?

[FONT color=#800080][FONT color=#0000ff][A href="http://members.tripod.com/~seaviewzine/klaxbub.wav"]http://members.tripod.com/~seaviewzine/klaxbub.wav[/A][/FONT][A href="http://dive,%20dive%20dive!/"][/A][/FONT]

513au has a serious problem. But it is refreshing for me to see true character come out during the tough times. Only the hopeless among us have no hope. This airline is not only going to survive, it is going to thrive. The only drawback that will come from that scenario is that we must recall the cretins who would prefer to see us go by the wayside. The people with brains here FAR outweigh the ones without. And THAT is why we will be around for a long, long time. By the way 513, that is something called optimism. A foriegn term to you I know but certainly not to the good people of USAirways. Prepare for good news. It's coming.

mr

It's the 19th...the unions are going to say no. When does the shutdown start? I need to buy tickets for Christmas and don't want to take chances on the carrier of chance. Of course, US res will tell me that buying a ticket is safe and secure...which is total bullsh*t.

US Airways is walking the green mile. How many days till we fry?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/19/2002 12:31:29 PM mrplanes wrote:

513au has a serious problem. But it is refreshing for me to see true character come out during the tough times. Only the hopeless among us have no hope. This airline is not only going to survive, it is going to thrive. The only drawback that will come from that scenario is that we must recall the cretins who would prefer to see us go by the wayside. The people with brains here FAR outweigh the ones without. And THAT is why we will be around for a long, long time. By the way 513, that is something called optimism. A foriegn term to you I know but certainly not to the good people of USAirways. Prepare for good news. It's coming.

mr
----------------
[/blockquote]

If I still had a job, I might be more optimistic. However, I do not and my chances of getting recalled are quite dim with them wanting to farm out all of this work. Please tell me, why should I care?

Why should you care?

Because when we are 9 years old and things don't go our way we take our ball and bat and go home. That's what children do. As adults we have an obligation to do what is best for ourselves and our family but also recognize that wishing ill will on others helps no one.

513, you care because that is what unselfish people do. Regardless of their lot in life. There are still tens of thousands of people here, most with kids, who need these jobs. That is why you care. Your immature attitude is no different than the people you hate. Wolf, Gangwal, Lorenzo and the boys all don't care either. You can belly up to the bar with them because you all share the same uncaring attitude.

No one promised you or me a lifetime of happiness. But regardless of what happens to me I care about others. That is what I was taught and that is what I believe. Maybe someday you will understand that. I hope that you do but from reading your posts I doubt you understand it anytime soon.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/17/2002 6:41:20 PM N513AU wrote:

Three days left.....hope is gone ... There is no hope for our business. The great depression is here.
----------------
[/blockquote]

US Airways is down ... but don't count us out yet!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/19/2002 1:56:04 PM N513AU wrote:

If I still had a job, I might be more optimistic. However, I do not and my chances of getting recalled are quite dim with them wanting to farm out all of this work. Please tell me, why should I care?
----------------
[/blockquote]
Then go learn a new trade rather than just hanging around here trying to ruin ours.