US AIRWAYS EXPRESS --LOUSY

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Arrived CLT aound 2:30.m. for US EXPRESS FLT 2351 CLT-XNA today departing at 420pm delayed till 440p.m. according to monitor. Arrived at E-1 around 400pm as the infamous white haired elderly gate agent (male who needs a year of customer service training) as he is terrible, decides to leave his podium. he returns around 420pm. I check in and he says the flight has been cancelled. He said he knew of this since he reported to work at 2:00.pm!!!!!!!!!!

I said the marquee still shows a 440pm departure. he says that is a city problem. BULLHOCKEY !!

As an agent that knows a flight has been cancelled they should ensure ACCURATE INFORMATION for the customer. There is NO EXCUSE for this particular gate agent and his incompetence to ensure customer service. His name is not posted as many travelers to XNA know of his "attitude" over the months as he has worked the XNA flights. I know US employees read these boards so I hope you better inform the EXPRESS employees to get their ACT IN ORDER. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE people!

I will avoid US to XNA thru CLT at all costs from now on and will inform corporate travel department as well. This gentleman is a waste and needs to be fired!! Not only will I tell 10 people as I did in gate area but will tell as many folks as I come in contact with to AVOID US to XNA thru CLT.

US EXPRESS --cks!!!!!!! 100,000 mile babe. :down: :down:

Arrived CLT aound 2:30.m. for US EXPRESS FLT 2351 CLT-XNA today departing at 420pm delayed till 440p.m. according to monitor.

MOD NOTE: Please refrain from quoting entire posts, especially when the post you're responding to is immediately above your response or on the same part of the page.

So i am not going to make excuses for your cancelled flight but here are some things to think about.

The gate agent might have known about the cancellation...most likely due to crew shortages. I doubt he actually knew about it but just put 2 and 2 together. The flight is not officially cancelled till dispatch or crew scheduling or maint actually cancels it. Then they send the message to operations and they update the boards. Gate agent is usually the last to know.
Also...Some crews don't like to go to XNA, the hotel is in the middle of a field by the airport. With no food nearby, no entertainment, not even a gas station to get a pack of gum. Totally unacceptable but our Quality of Life is unimportant to our management.
Also think about why we have a crew shortage. The flight attendents get paid $17,000 a year for 200 days on the road only to stay in above hotels. How about the pilots...They make slightly above that...Really...$21,000/year to fly a 30million dollar jet. Management is having a hard time finding people to work for these wages. The end result is a flight cancels. I feel your pain. DOn't think that this doesn't happen with all regional airlines. They are all paying wages from 30years ago. WIth gas at $3/gallon it is no wonder why people just aren't doing this job. Maybe the answer to all this is a higher ticket price and better wages for the staff. Or less money to go to the CEO.

skyflyer-dont waste your time..
no one cares.
sorry,but that's the truth,.this is no longer a -real airline.
just look at the drunk at the helm. :down:

There was no bait and switch. People took the jobs with the sub $25K salaries knowing full well what they were in for. I also didn't think RJ's cost $30M each, but that's neither here nor there.

he returns around 420pm. I check in and he says the flight has been cancelled. He said he knew of this since he reported to work at 2:00.pm!!!!!!!!!!

I said the marquee still shows a 440pm departure. he says that is a city problem. BULLHOCKEY !!

As an agent that knows a flight has been cancelled they should ensure ACCURATE INFORMATION for the customer.
It sounds like the agent did inform you of ACCURATE INFORMATION you just didn’t like it.

Arrived CLT aound 2:30.m. for US EXPRESS FLT 2351 CLT-XNA today departing at 420pm delayed till 440p.m. according to monitor. Arrived at E-1 around 400pm as the infamous white haired elderly gate agent (male who needs a year of customer service training) as he is terrible, decides to leave his podium. he returns around 420pm. I check in and he says the flight has been cancelled. He said he knew of this since he reported to work at 2:00.pm!!!!!!!!!!

As an agent that knows a flight has been cancelled they should ensure ACCURATE INFORMATION for the customer. There is NO EXCUSE for this particular gate agent and his incompetence to ensure customer service. His name is not posted as many travelers to XNA know of his "attitude" over the months as he has worked the XNA flights. I know US employees read these boards so I hope you better inform the EXPRESS employees to get their ACT IN ORDER. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE people!

I will avoid US to XNA thru CLT at all costs from now on and will inform corporate travel department as well. This gentleman is a waste and needs to be fired!! Not only will I tell 10 people as I did in gate area but will tell as many folks as I come in contact with to AVOID US to XNA thru CLT.

you poor thing , you expect some level of service or customer satifcation from us airways express AKA MESA . ah hahahahahahaha , Do you know how little these people get paid ? Do you know how little they care to even BE at their jobs? Most mesa workers work part time and try to drop or call in sick as many times as is humanly possible just so they don't have to be there , yet can contiune to get the free flight benfits .They don't give a damn about you or where your going or anything having to do with you , they are their for the flight benfits , get used to be treated like you don't exist , all you are is another person filling their day with more work , mesa workers would just LOVE it if all of their planes came in and left tottaly empty , because then there would be even less for them to do ....

The Express agents in CLT are employed by Piedmont, an owned subsidiary of US Airways. If I'm correct the XNA flights are operated by PSA, the other owned subsidiary. No Mesa in this picture at all, but thier level of service seems to have made it's way throughout the system from Athens GA to Athens GR.

There was no bait and switch. People took the jobs with the sub $25K salaries knowing full well what they were in for. I also didn't think RJ's cost $30M each, but that's neither here nor there.

I don't think people have any idea whatsoever about what this job entails till they actually do it for a couple months.
Then they find out how hard it is to be away from family all the time, the long hours, low pay, and crappy hotels.
Only once this is experienced will you have any idea. Until crystal balls are invented we have to learn by trial and error.

I don't think people have any idea whatsoever about what this job entails till they actually do it for a couple months.
Then they find out how hard it is to be away from family all the time, the long hours, low pay, and crappy hotels.
Only once this is experienced will you have any idea. Until crystal balls are invented we have to learn by trial and error.

How can someone get the wrong idea when they are told BEFORE THEY ARE HIRED:
1.) You will be paid crap
2.) You will be away X days/month and NOT have seniority to take holidays off for a long time
3.) You are paid for X hours of work per month, even though the job requires you staying away from home for X*4 hours

There is no trial and error when there are, literally, 10's of thousands of people who have been through it.

No, I think what happened is these people who complain about the long hours, crap hotels in the middle of nowhere and low wages watched "Catch me if you can" a few too many times and somehow got the idea that being a flight attendant or pilot today is just like it was for Leonardo and his babes back in the 60's on TWA.

Lay off Express ! They have much worse working conditions than mainline. If we (mainline) are totally abused, can you imagine what it must be like for an Express employee?

As a matter of fact in most airports, the Arrival/Departure boards/screens/whatever are, in fact, operated and controlled by the local authorities so they can display info for ALL airlines operating in that airport. The individual airlines can pass information to them. They can not make them update the board.

It has been an ongoing, but thankfully intermittent, problem at DFW for some time.

2.) You will be away X days/month and NOT have seniority to take holidays off for a long time
3.) You are paid for X hours of work per month, even though the job requires you staying away from home for X*4 hours

There is no trial and error when there are, literally, 10's of thousands of people who have been through it.

No, I think what happened is these people who complain about the long hours, crap hotels in the middle of nowhere and low wages watched "Catch me if you can" a few too many times and somehow got the idea that being a flight attendant or pilot today is just like it was for Leonardo and his babes back in the 60's on TWA.
Most of our hotels do sux, including Las Vegas St Tropez and La Quinta... Please help us
AFA, ALPA??

Arrived at E-1 around 400pm as the infamous white haired elderly gate agent (male who needs a year of customer service training) as he is terrible, decides to leave his podium. he returns around 420pm. I check in and he says the flight has been cancelled. He said he knew of this since he reported to work at 2:00.pm!!!!!!!!!! I said the marquee still shows a 440pm departure. he says that is a city problem. BULLHOCKEY !!

Just to let you know, in CLT the express gate agents not only work your gate, but are sometimes assigned to at least 2 or 3 gates, which means that if your flight was late it ran into a time conflict with another departure or arrival at another gate this agent may have been assigned to work. You arrived at the gate at 4pm and at 420 you found out the flight was canceled. You waited in a seat at your gate for 20 mins. and then the agent came right back an informed you of the cancelation. The length of time it takes an agent to meet and deplane another flight.

[Those agents make 8.00 an hour. These are not 18.00 an hour agents. The days of personal service are over and have been for some time now. The American public wanted cheap flights, well you got it. Along with cheap ticket prices come lower paid and overworked employees. This is a trade off that the American consumer must have been prepared for. You cannont pay low prices and expect high dollar service. It don't work that way.

The express tower controls the boards at the express gate. The agents have no control over what is on them. This I know for fact as I work for mainline and it is the same there. [/b][/b]""As an agent that knows a flight has been cancelled they should ensure ACCURATE INFORMATION for the customer. There is NO EXCUSE for this particular gate agent and his incompetence to ensure customer service. ""

Did you expect him to wear a sign on his back or a neon sigh on his head that declared a flight has been canceled? Honestly man, sit back and watch, I'm sure you will find that you are not the only person this agent is responsible for. If you have a problem with the company, take it up with US Airways consumer relations. To come on a public board and single out someone that you know nothing about says alot about who you are. Also, did you happen to ask why he left that gate, did you ask to speak to a supervisor? No, you chose not to get answers to the questions at hand but instead chose to come on here and slam an 8.00 an hour clerk. You are a piece of work man. Get a life.

""US EXPRESS employees to get their ACT IN ORDER. THIS IS NOT ROCKET SCIENCE people!""

You just don't get it man, what did you do to help your situation? Did you expect someone to come over to you with white gloves, a soft comforting voice, a cup of tea to let you know, regretfully, you flight has been cancelled? GET YOUR OWN ACT IN ORDER. 52,000 people flew through CLT that day and you wanted to be the one treated like the King of England??? What was that you said about rocket science? Honestly.

1.) You will be paid crap...But we are getting new airplanes and upgrade will be only a year away.
2.) You will be away X days/month and NOT have seniority to take holidays off for a long time.Line holders get 15 days off a month...I have never seen 15 days off a month, unless i had taken my vacation.
3.) You are paid for X hours of work per month, even though the job requires you staying away from home for X*4 hours. WOW you only work 72 hrs a month.....That's part time work. But they fail to mention your time away from base TAFB is 100hrs a week.

Bottom line pal is that we were all fed a load of garbage. The quality of the airline is directly related to how management treats it employees. Treat people like crap and pretty soon that is what you get in return. Ask around to your 10's of thousands of people, things have changed. The quality of life has dramatically changed...and not for the better.