US AIRWAYS JET PULL

Last year we (West) were able to donate directly to the Katrina fund. Not sure this option will be available this year. Donating is a personal choice. My personal experience with the United Way campaign was very positive and can really be a good team building event for those who get involved in organizing or participating in the campaign.

I am sure the campaign was great for team building but the team building is for a corrupt company.

Corruption can be found in any large organization where humans and money are involved. There are plenty of other opportunities to get involved with you local community that doesn't dig into your pocket book. Some people will always take the easy way out and find reasons not to make a personal contribution, whether it be their time or money.

There are all sorts of ways to give back, and it need not always be financial.

Got some time to spare?

A few years back during my US Productivity Breaks I started working on a little web page for a 501©3 organization. Last week, I received an email from someone who wished to make a sizeable dent in our online wish list.

Now that felt nice.

I'm not telling you to go learn how to build charitable websites, just be creative with your spare time and what laptops, WiFi and off-peak cell phones can do.

Latest posts

Back