US Airways' List of Outside Safety & Safety Culture Accolades Growing

Please correct me if I'm wrong. In the aftermath of the Hudson River ditching, didn't Sully take on a management pilot position at US in the Safety Department? Then, within a month or to, grab the meager early out package and run like hell from that same department (and US Airways?) Maybe once he saw the Safety Department from the inside, he realized what a politicized mess it was, and what an idiot was running it.

Wish I knew Sully personally. I would love to call and ask if my conjecture is at all accurate.

Great observation. This "outsider" was wondering the same thing.

Iclubbabyseals,

I don't own or operate a website. In fact, I have never owned a website. As far as AboutUS, the publication is emailed by the Company to Subscribers. And, USaviation permits links to other websites and information from their Webmaster if permission from the website is obtained.

USA320Pilot

Guess that party legal is throwing on all the floors in Tempe is still raging? You know, the one where they already know about the LOA 93 win for the company?

I hear Team Tempe went on an immediate witch hunt for anything they could on Sully and Skiles immediately after the incident.

True. Management's prime concern was to find fault with the crew..not even knowing the facts.

Bular's call to Sully on the dock was to the effect "why are you all over the internet (referring to his safety website photo)" and not "how is your crew?"

Then there was Hogg's call to Sully's hotel room soon after….."we want to know if you are flying your trip on Monday?"

Unbelievable. Rather, par for the course here. Don't even get me started about Saturday, being dispatched to the NE with no chance of getting my pax to their destination. The Airways way, keep flying until the last minute you can, strand as many pax as possible at alternates, then shut down trapping them all neither at destination or home.

I have plenty of ASAPs to fill out about the bad safety culture here over the weekend. The Company shut down the reporting system during the hurricane, I guess hoping we would not remember to do so. I won’t forget.

RR

True. Management's prime concern was to find fault with the crew..not even knowing the facts.

Bular's call to Sully on the dock was to the effect "why are you all over the internet (referring to his safety website photo)" and not "how is your crew?"

Then there was Hogg's call to Sully's hotel room soon after….."we want to know if you are flying your trip on Monday?"

Unbelievable. Rather, par for the course here. Don't even get me started about Saturday, being dispatched to the NE with no chance of getting my pax to their destination. The Airways way, keep flying until the last minute you can, strand as many pax as possible at alternates, then shut down trapping them all neither at destination or home.

I have plenty of ASAPs to fill out about the bad safety culture here over the weekend. The Company shut down the reporting system during the hurricane, I guess hoping we would not remember to do so. I won’t forget.

RR

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that CBS message. The reporting system is shut down for safety purposes, but the airplanes are still flying and the agents are out there battling the wind and rain and hoping to get home safely later! :blink:

Does the server sit outside in PHL or something? What did that have to do with safety?

Proof?

Proof?

Proof?

So the FAA allows AC to depart for a destination already closed for weather?

Any proof of the Company's intent for shutting down the reporting system?

You've got plenty of accusations, so where is your proof? Management has accused USAPA of an illegal work action and they have backed it up with verifiable proof. Care to provide the same?

FACT: CALLOWAY HAS NEVER TALKED TO SCULLY OR SKILES< FACT RR WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE DISPATCHED TO A CLOSED AIRPORT YESTERDAY! FACT USAPA HAS NOT BEEN PROVED OF ANY WRONGDOING! PROOF OUR LEADER HASN'T GOT THE COMMON SENSE TO TAKE A CAB! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17067903/ns/business-us_business/t/us-airways-ceo-arrested-dui-charge/

I did not say that. You are not worth a discussion as to "when airports close" anyway. How long you been doing this?

Love the blue, wear it daily!

RR

FACT: CALLOWAY HAS NEVER TALKED TO SCULLY OR SKILES< FACT RR WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE DISPATCHED TO A CLOSED AIRPORT YESTERDAY! FACT USAPA HAS NOT BEEN PROVED OF ANY WRONGDOING! PROOF OUR LEADER HASN'T GOT THE COMMON SENSE TO TAKE A CAB! http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17067903/ns/business-us_business/t/us-airways-ceo-arrested-dui-charge/
Fact: MM still doesn't know how to spell Callaway after all this time.
Fact: MM has no idea that Callaway has in fact met Sully (not Scully) and Skiles and has irrefutable evidence of the same
Fact: I never claimed US planes didn't get diverted, I just asked if the FAA granted the requested departures
Fact: I didn't say USAPA has been proven to have conducted an illegal work action yet, but the evidence leaves USAPA hoping for another miracle at the hands of a federal court.
Fact: Doug Parker is still the CEO of US Airways and is the longest-tenured, most experienced CEO serving among the top airlines today. Until the BOD decides that a change is needed (not likely), he will continue as CEO perhaps long after the JCBA is ratified and the majority of east pilots from the 2005 era are retired to the pasture.

The case is that USAPA did nothing to stop the alleged slow down after the company notified them on several occasions of what was going on.

Proof?

Proof?

Proof?

Any proof of the Company's intent for shutting down the reporting system?

You've got plenty of accusations, so where is your proof? Management has accused USAPA of an illegal work action and they have backed it up with verifiable proof. Care to provide the same?

Proof that the company DIDN'T do these things? I thought so.

Proof? There was a CBS message stating that the reporting system was being shut due to the storm and the server being located on the east coast.......I am surprised they didn't shut down OCC as a "precautionary measure" as well.

Ra-Rah-Sis-Boom-Bah!!!

I lost all respect for Sullenberger when he took the witness stand and perjured himself in an effort to assist the East in the theft of West pilot careers.

How so?

Sullenberger should count his blessings that NTSB and the FAA would rather have the face of a "hero" than to publicly dissect that facts of 1549.

What do you fly, a black helicopter? :rolleyes:

Fact: Doug Parker is still the CEO of US Airways and is the longest-tenured, most experienced CEO serving among the top airlines today.

Betty's been slinging cokes since Allegheny was flying Convairs, but that doesn't make her the best stewardess on the planet. :lol:

Ratings agency releases list of world's '10 safest airlines'

The safest US-based airlines are AMR Corporation, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways, while the safest from Asia is Japan Airlines, it said, without giving a ranking within the top ten.

See story

Proof that the company DIDN'T do these things? I thought so.

Proof? There was a CBS message stating that the reporting system was being shut due to the storm and the server being located on the east coast.......I am surprised they didn't shut down OCC as a "precautionary measure" as well.

Ra-Rah-Sis-Boom-Bah!!!
You can't prove an event didn't happen. Can you prove that I didn't drink a cup of water yesterday? Of course not. If someone accuses someone of something it is up to them to provide the proof to support their claims. So RR claims Management did some very specific things. I asked for proof which hasn't been offered so it is a baseless accusation. Heck, even if Sully claimed today that's what was said, that still doesn't prove it unless the call was recorded and available for independent verification. Far more likely is that Sully doesn't remember much of the phone call at all given the adrenaline and emotions he was feeling right after surviving a splash down in the Hudson. My guess is that he was reliving the fateful flight and the efforts he took to do a full passenger count over and over again rather than memorizing exactly what Bular or Hogg asked him on the phone.

Back