Us Airways Pilots Call For Removal Of Siegel,cohen

MR,

You are right on the money. Any credibility Seigel had is shot, his leadship style has failed and there is ample proof his business plan was a complete failure. Labor is not at fault here....we gave everything they asked for and handed them the keys to make the plan work. They can't make it work as it is designed, and new ideas, leadership and inspiration is needed fast to keep U from going down for the last time. If ALPA and the other employees need to give even more to save the company...it needs to be for a different team in charge...not the same loosers.

700UW said:
Bring this man in Greg Brennaman.

Funny how all the airline analysts have been saying it is not labor, it is managment.
Good choice -- if you can get him. Wasn't he a buddy of Siegel's at COExpress?

Anyway, assume Brenneman is now CEO. Move CCY to a warehouse someplace, maybe even find that old fountain that used to stand in front of the Eastern HQ and place it in the lobby with the promise that you'll take a dip when the airline reaches profitability.

Pull a shift with each union and every employee. Damm the union rules here, we're trying to save the ship! Make sure everybody knows .

Raise fares. You're not going to compete with WN on price so don't even try. Just ask Kmart how their battle with Walmart played out....

Cut whatever deal you have to land more cargo. Gravy revenue.

Cut your pay to $1.00 (and take stock in the company) so in fact it WILL be your money that you play with.

DELETED BY MODERATOR Make PHL the VS gateway.

Own every flight that lands in Alabama. It's their national airline, they should fly US and only US.

More?

B6Busdriver said:
whatkindoffreshhell said:
zonecontroller said:
Maybe we could find a CEO with the though of growing the mainline.
I'm so worn out working for a loosing company. :(
The blunt truth is that during the 90's the US pay scales were so far above industry-average. I'm sorry for your troubles now but the shell game is over.

How big of the ALPA to call for Siegel's resignation! Another self-serving union statement.

Okay -- just suppose you got rid of Siegel: who would you get to be the new CEO and please tell how you would "grow the mainline"?
That is BS and you know it!
Thats funny. I seem to recall that U pilots had an industry leading contract. I guess what goes around comes around.

For those who think Seigel is the man. This is Bethune's latest weekly message to his employees.

Hello this is Gordon and it's Friday, December 12.

You guys did a great job this week with the snowstorm in the Northeast. I was caught up in it in Newark on Friday, and I know Saturday was just as bad. I can't tell you how proud I was to see the very professional operations of the Newark Airport employees, flight operations, and especially the crew on the airplane that I was on. And, our employees in SOCC were working together and got us back up and running on Monday. It was probably one of the bigger snowstorms in the area since the year 1899. We canceled 106 flights. You are the best, and I am really proud of you. I know it was very difficult.

In talking with Capt. Debbie McCoy, our Sr. VP of Flight Operations, she tells me that we are going to start recalling some pilots, which is really good news. They should start early next year and are expected to continue indefinitely. We will bring back more than 100 pilots by the middle of next year. I know many of you are glad to be getting back. We're getting back on our feet, and we are all happy to have you come back.

Don't forget in regards to the Super Bowl perfect attendance program -
you are still in the running, if you've had perfect attendance in the past two weeks. We are going to give-away six tickets in three sets for the people who have perfect attendance from Dec. 1, 2003, to Jan. 4, 2004. This is for U.S.-based employees below director-level. We will give you positive-space travel to Houston, and there will be a chance for you to participate in one of the big events in this town.

A lot of you have been calling me to say "thanks" for the fourth-quarter on-time bonus check that we handed out on Wednesday. I want to say thanks to all of you. You guys have done a wonderful job in the past few months, and it looks like you are going to make that quarterly goal of 80 percent. So, I am glad that you could get that $100 when it's needed most in the couple of weeks before Christmas.

We are going to launch new service next week. We are starting service to Manzanillo, Mexico; Freeport, Bahamas; Bridgetown, Barbados; and of course a number of seasonal ski destinations.

On Tuesday, I am going to hand over the keys to our DC-3. Many of you have seen the historic 1940 model DC-3 that Continental has had for a number of years. We are going to give it to the Lone Star Flight Museum in Galveston, Texas. It is a first-class museum, and they operate a number of really good vintage planes. They'll take good care of the DC-3 and it will be in our colors. I think we will all be proud. So, if you get a chance, it will be on display starting next week.

That's it for this week. Once again, thank you for the great job you did over the tough weather days. I'll talk to you again on Friday.

Gordon's voicemail can be accessed throughout the week by calling 713-324-6245 from any company phone or toll-free 1-877-324-6245 if you are at home or on the road. At the prompt, press 1. Gordon's message also appears in Shares under GGCALNEWS and on CO's Intranet site.

What could this company do with a leader like that?

mr

To all the good people of US AIRWAYS:
I know we have had our differences in the past with a failed merger, ongoing nonesense from the CHIP about a imaginary corporate transaction etc., but the vast majority of people I know at US Airways are some of the best in the industry. I support your MECs effort to rid the company of Siegel and his minions. He has failed, and no matter what what you give him, he will still lack vision and leadership. Time for him to go. I wish all of you a happy holiday. All the best.
Ron

Wow, that is impressive, since Dave says Gordon is his idol, maybe we need to get Gordon to sit Dave down and put him thru Airline CEO remedial training again!

I just listened to Bethune's weekly address..and I thought for a moment that I was going to cry ;)

All upbeat...inspite of irregular and adverse weather Ops...no talk of the financial drain it will cause....no talk of sacrifice required....and rewards and praise graced the nights sky for all.

I wish U had not run Gordon into the arms of CO after the PI merger....we wold still be in the hunt...instead of being the hunted.

I wish I had had a chance to work for him :(

I love it!

ICT= Imaginary Corporate Transaction!

Or this one

CCT= Chip's Corporate Transaction

When Wolf was running U Bethune said something to the effect that if you can't make money with U's routes and equipment you should not be in the airline business.
Bethune had nothing but praise for Dave when he first came to U.
Dave can't make money with U's routes even with Labors help.

I wonder what Bethune thinks of his boy now ?

All I can say is Bethune's weekly message is powerful. This shows you how leaders respond and talk to their employees, for a guy like that you are gonna go the 150 yards. Siegel needs to take note, even in harsh times such as this he needs to talk to his employees versus talking down to them.

With the pilots union calling for his resignation, I think they have just gotten the boards attention. Dave your days could be numbered.

Good luck to all on getting this airline back on its feet.

The same thing ALPA and the vast majority of our employees think of him.

Inept and clueless at running the airline. Expert at the Chapter 11 process.

mr

If Siegel leaves, how about Dutta's Corporate Transaction? The DCT.

Regardless, the parties have discussed the UCT & ICT. However, there is still reason to believe that after US Airways stabilizes its position, the talks could change to an AF-KLM type of deal or a true merger.

However, until United handles its pension, litigates the UCT airport municipal bond problem, fixes Dulles, and reaches agreement on 174 EETCs with over 100 financiers, I believe nothing will happen on a merger.

Once all of these major issue are favorably resolved, then a deal could proceed, unless of course, United does not emerge from Chapter 11.

Meanwhile, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote last Friday that Mike Boyd, who heads the Colorado-based aviation consulting firm, The Boyd Group, said a full merger doesn't make sense, but that he could envision US Airways, through its major investor, the Retirement Systems of Alabama, attempting to cherry-pick some of United's assets, such as gates at Chicago's O'Hare airport or at Denver International Airport. It would give US Airways a gateway to destinations in the West, Boyd said. And such a move would give United, which is still in Chapter 11, the funding it needs to emerge from bankruptcy.

See Story

Who first wrote comments like Boyd's on this website?

Regards,

Chip

Look at me I am the best, I am the smartest, I said it first, Dave told me in the cockpit and so did Jerry.

If you say something enough your brain will eventually think it is the truth.