More Alpa - Us Airways Meetings

[ suspect Allegheny Airlines/Piedmont Airlines will be sold after the March 31 merger is complete.

MidAtlantic cannot legally be sold without an FAA operating certificate, which is why the EMB-170s will be flown on the mainline. However, the new ALPA scope clause could permit MidAtlantic to be spun off if MidAtlantic obtains its own FAA operating certificate. Where could one be obtained? Allegheny Airlines once the company is merged into Piedmont.

In my opinion, dependent upon union negotiations and other fundamentals, PSA, Allegheny/Piedmont, and even MDA could be sold, if the EMB-170 operator obtains an operating certificate.

The big player in this negotiation – GECAS -- who wants to diversify their US Airways exposure, strengthen their investment, and wants to ensure US Airways keeps its RJ revenue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot ]

Usair has an operating cert.
didnt you see what Alpa national did to allegeny. once the merger is complete they can do what ever they want with it and the allegeny pilots have no recall rights.

delldude said:
so then should we at U dive on a grenade for the rest of the industry?
Cav, Delldude, Piney Bob, if every airline union stood up against this, then everyone would stand a chance to save their careers. It's one thing to ask for cuts to help a company - its a totally different animal for management to not utlize these cuts to help the company turn around. Everyone just has to say, how reasonable is this to expect the same song and dance over and over? What about THEIR accountability. Doesn't matter if your unionized or not everyone comes to a point in their life when they as human beings have to say enough is enough. If every airline employee didn't show up for work one day, don't you think everyone would take notice? Yeah, that's extremely radical. But we live in extremely trying times for decent career opportunities, won't it take extreme measures to make a change? Unions are dying because of fear: the fear to act! ALPA has become the poster child for what happens to a union when lies and fear obliterate core values. Is ALPA a union or a social club for patsys? Take a stand man! My god, do you know how many grievances are filed against the company at this time? Hundreds! You negotiated a contract in good faith and management is shi**ing all over and worse of all doing it right in front of your face with their moon in full bloom. What a joke! Then you have people like A320pilot who react totally on fear, thinks way too much like management, but holds a union card. Eventually A320pilot won't be able to afford the toilet paper to wipe off the crap management is throwing at him. The problem with Siegel, Bronner and their plan is, they are not rewarding the employees enough for their sacrafices. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for US Airways employees, none, and clearly this management team would like to keep it that way. Again, the fear factor. PineyBob, I don't buy that argument that be thankful you have a job. That's just a sell out bunch of crap that gets people nowhere fast. God bless people like PITbull who sees right through this charade. And shame on those that don't. If everyone just stood up for a change, perhaps, things would be different. Including those at the other airlines.

"USA320pilot, Where will mesa get the cash to buy PSA? A stock swap won't pay off the ATSB loan."
--------------------------------

Mesa has around 250 million cash on hand as of the last CEO message. More then enough to buy PSA unfortunatly. As a Mesa pilot I am more worried about this whole 737 rumor. God I hope that never comes true. -Cape

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

Clue asked; How are the lines out of LGA these days, anyway? A lot of shuttle flying?

USA320Pilot answers: They're great because they allow you to be home at night with your family, which permits me to be with my wife and kids and to more fully participate in their lives. Thanks for asking.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Oh and don't forget time to access the Internet and post 1,267 posts on Usaviation. So much for quality time with the family. :blink:

Eye:

Eye said: "Oh and don't forget time to access the Internet and post 1,267 posts on Usaviation. So much for quality time with the family."

USA320Pilot comments: Most of my internet time is done when my family is a sleep for the night or when my kids are in school. That's what fascinating about the internet: the ability to communicate when you desire and to not interfere with other events -- especially with broadband and Wi-Fi service.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Eye:

Eye said: "Oh and don't forget time to access the Internet and post 1,267 posts on Usaviation. So much for quality time with the family."

USA320Pilot comments: Most of my internet time is done when my family is a sleep for the night or when my kids are in school. That's what fascinating about the internet: the ability to communicate when you desire and to not interfere with other events -- especially with broadband and Wi-Fi service.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Heck I figured you would be playing Microsoft’s Flight Simulator version one million and not playing talking head on here.... :p

EyeintheSky: I totally agree with you and I would gladly stand up against this company and all of Corporate Greedy America. Enough is enough. They say everything is cyclical and history repeats itself, so maybe it's time for us Babyboomers to take a stand again. I am sick of it all. What is happening is giving none of us hope for the future. We may as well start teaching Chinese and Indian starting in kindergarten if we want our children and grandchildren to make a go of it. : :angry:

EyeInTheSky said:
Cav, Delldude, Piney Bob, if every airline union stood up against this, then everyone would stand a chance to save their careers. It's one thing to ask for cuts to help a company - its a totally different animal for management to not utlize these cuts to help the company turn around. Everyone just has to say, how reasonable is this to expect the same song and dance over and over? What about THEIR accountability. Doesn't matter if your unionized or not everyone comes to a point in their life when they as human beings have to say enough is enough. If every airline employee didn't show up for work one day, don't you think everyone would take notice? Yeah, that's extremely radical. But we live in extremely trying times for decent career opportunities, won't it take extreme measures to make a change? Unions are dying because of fear: the fear to act! ALPA has become the poster child for what happens to a union when lies and fear obliterate core values. Is ALPA a union or a social club for patsys? Take a stand man! My god, do you know how many grievances are filed against the company at this time? Hundreds! You negotiated a contract in good faith and management is shi**ing all over and worse of all doing it right in front of your face with their moon in full bloom. What a joke! Then you have people like A320pilot who react totally on fear, thinks way too much like management, but holds a union card. Eventually A320pilot won't be able to afford the toilet paper to wipe off the crap management is throwing at him. The problem with Siegel, Bronner and their plan is, they are not rewarding the employees enough for their sacrafices. There is no light at the end of the tunnel for US Airways employees, none, and clearly this management team would like to keep it that way. Again, the fear factor. PineyBob, I don't buy that argument that be thankful you have a job. That's just a sell out bunch of crap that gets people nowhere fast. God bless people like PITbull who sees right through this charade. And shame on those that don't. If everyone just stood up for a change, perhaps, things would be different. Including those at the other airlines.
How about you give me your slot wherever you work and you can stand tough! No better idea, I'll wear the scarlet letter but fly your routs when you stand tough!!

Easy to talk big when your not in the sling !!

bigbusdrvr said:
How about you give me your slot wherever you work and you can stand tough! No better idea, I'll wear the scarlet letter but fly your routs when you stand tough!!

And we will all be slinging S*&$ with that kind of attitude!

Defeated before you start, they love you.

bigbusdrvr said:

Spoken like a true greedy senior pilot. Hey, you got what you got, now forget everyone else. FWIW, I am in the sling and I certainly haven't forgotten those under me who have given the ultimate sacrafice of being furloughed. Hey, remember, what goes around comes around. Yesterday's route scab, is tomorrow's flying Hester Prinn. I suggest getting a blurred mirror, it can't be easy looking at yourself after stepping over so many.

>>Tell you what--I'll donate both little Dave and the MEC Chairmen both an operable semi-automatic pistol--not so they they can duel, but rather so that they can shoot themselves in the foot now, instead of waiting. Oh, and Pollack can shoot at any junior pilots on the US list, any of the furloughed guys, or anyone at a wholly-owned--again, to save some time.<<

Good point. It reminds me of an anology I use from time to time, when someone asks about how the MEC works...

"You go up to a hard line Airways MEC guy and ask him if he would help you carry your bag. He responds by saying: "Wait just a second." He then proceeds to grab his '45, chambers a round, then proceeds to blast a hole in the center of his foot. He then holsters the weapon, and as the blood starts pumping out his shoe, he declares: "I'd like to help, but as you can see, I'm injured!" As you walk away in disbelief the hard liner realizes now he can't carry his own bag."

Genius such as that is hard to find.

:up:

cavalier said:
bigbusdrvr said:

I applaude EyeInTheSky, Cavalier, PITbul, and others for their conviction. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears were shed for EVERYONE'S right to earn a decent living regardless of whether or not they had the advanced education or means necessary to be a white collar worker. Sometimes the right thing to do is the most difficult and takes courage simply because you know that ultimately you will be doing some self-sacrificing. Middle class America would be nonexistant without the courage of those who came before us. We need to protect what others fought for and not cast it to the wolves. I am ready and willing to make those sacrifices not for me but for the future of my children. If that means losing my job and struggling for a little while, so be it. It certainly would not be the first time I struggled.

youngblood said:
cavalier said:
bigbusdrvr said:

I applaude EyeInTheSky, Cavalier, PITbul, and others for their conviction. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears were shed for EVERYONE'S right to earn a decent living regardless of whether or not they had the advanced education or means necessary to be a white collar worker. Sometimes the right thing to do is the most difficult and takes courage simply because you know that ultimately you will be doing some self-sacrificing. Middle class America would be nonexistant without the courage of those who came before us. We need to protect what others fought for and not cast it to the wolves. I am ready and willing to make those sacrifices not for me but for the future of my children. If that means losing my job and struggling for a little while, so be it. It certainly would not be the first time I struggled.
youngblood, unfortunately, a lot of people don't agree with your analogy. While this isn't the Bolshevik Revolution, it's certainly time to think about what's truly important in life. If your house, your Porsche, your mistress, your NRA membership, and GOP card mean more to you, I guess it's a bit easier for one to step on people. It's like an old dog going to vet, in your heart you know what you have to do, but choose denial. You keep the dog alive with heavy medication and endless $300 vet bills. Despite your best efforts, when you look down at Rover he still looks like crap. Thus you are forced to face reality and do the right thing. That saying is true, when one door closes, another opens, maybe with a new puppy running in. In US Airways' case, one door does not fit all, therefore, as a union coalition, everyone needs to stand together and firm. Or everyone becomes road kill.

EyeInTheSky said:
I would offer if everyone wouldn see this as a union brubby or sissy vs big daddy, we also would get some where. This is not an union problem This is an industry problem. People like pitbulls stance works in a wonderful worls and when airlines are making money. Unions are helpless when an industry is in trouble. In fact i would add they hurt the industry further. Im a member of afa. I have a good record therefore never have had to use MY union! In the past couple of years our union has done little good as well . Oh its been a wonderful cat fight to watch and love all the nasty talk , but what do they or better yet CAN they do now? The answer is nothing. We as employees have to make this company work . If the unions want to be guides for us , great! The lead! Dont stand in the way and blow smoke to be re elected. LEAD dont bark !

Latest posts