US Airways to offer free Wi-Fi in clubs

nice step in the right direction considering all other clubs offer free access.

Maybe one day if US ever becomes a real airline they would put WiFi on the planes like AA, B6, DL and FL.

Maybe one day if US ever becomes a real airline they would put WiFi on the planes like AA, B6, DL and FL.

My thoughts also. If we want to hold on to the buisness travelers they better start thinking of putting them in the planes.

American, HP survey: Wi-Fi more important than food

BY ROBERT FRANCIS
May 26, 2009

Tech-savvy frequent flyers want to stay connected more than they want to eat, according to a survey conduced by American Airlines and Hewlett-Packard.

More than 47 percent of business travelers surveyed indicated Wi-Fi was the most important airport amenity, outscoring basic travels needs such as food by nearly 30 percentage points.

Linkage

What do you wanna bet the margins on selling Wi-Fi are better than the frat house snacks that US is selling onboard now?

Unless US plans to install power outlets in their aircraft, I doubt that they will see a great return on inflight wifi. I cannot remember off-hand what the situation is with power outlets on the aircraft which currently have or are planning to install inflight wifi.......but it stands to reason that pax will be less inclined to pay for something which they cannot fully use.

Sure, you will always have the high maintenance types such as myself who will pay $13 to work feverishly until my battery dies, but for every one person like me, there is one person who will only pay the $13 if they can actually spend the entire flight online.

Latest posts