Us Airways Wants More Concessions From Unions

whats this "\"

US Airways Stock...

You guys better give the company what ever its asks for... or I will see you in the soup kitchen.

:angry:

usair_begins_with_u said:
whats this "\"

US Airways Stock...

You guys better give the company what ever its asks for... or I will see you in the soup kitchen.

:angry:
Careful guys, better do what U begins with U says, or else they'll haul off and give you a dirty look! :lol:

U begins with U-- How can you expect to be taken seriously? What's it like to look yourself in the mirror every day?

If US Air goes down the tubes, all I will lose is some invetsment money... not, my job, senority, and career... the callus attitude around here is probably the reason why this company is sinking...

ways.....You forgot the ways.

Ain't no way ....It's just a matter of time. I always thought the U was for you. Unfortunately the company lost sight of that years ago.

usair_begins_with_u said:
If US Air goes down the tubes, all I will lose is some invetsment money... not, my job, senority, and career... the callus attitude around here is probably the reason why this company is sinking...
If you bought UAIR, you probably should write the loss off and hire a professional money manager.

ClueByFour said:
If you bought UAIR, you probably should write the loss off and hire a professional money manager.
I love how Clue has become so flip in recent days.

In fact at $1.50 and some change a share, US is a pretty tantalizing bargain. Many bought in at about $2.50 a share and rode the elevator up to the peak at $3.00 a share. So, if you bought in and saw the thing come crashing down, you've not lost a heck of a lot.

tadjr said:
The CWA proposal to lessen the impact on passenger service employment:

for early retirement by instituting the following "early out" offer at airports where staffing is expected to be reduced by the implementation of new technology:
A. Eligibility: employees age 50 or more with 15 or more years of service.
B. Offer:
i. Normal retiree healthcare coverage;
ii. Normal retiree lifetime travel privileges;
iii. An amount equal to the employee's normal furlough allowance plus $15,000
C. Status: An employee accepting this offer will be placed on retired status with no right to recall.

Note: Every top-scale agent or rep who is replaced by a new-hire saves the company almost $130,000 over 5 years. A buy-out plan like this, if instituted two years ago, could have saved the company millions and resulted in a much lower-seniority workforce.
Wow, I am sorry you customer service agents have such an idiotic union representing you. The people coming up with this proposal must have been on drugs. The company will laugh at these proposals. Surely, they cannot believe a company in dire straits such as U would subscribe to these ridiculous requests. Oh, lets see, lets give a voluntary out, pay $12,000 in furlough (appx amt for full-time 15weeks pay), plus throw in an additional $15,000 and retire at 50 years of age with full bennies. Sure, they will take that one real seriously. If I were a rep I would think seriously before allowing these lame-brains represent me. Egads, I would be concerned!

$1.50/share is only a bargain if you expect the company to avoid Ch. 11 / Ch. 7. Otherwise, its about $1.49 too much.

On Monday, May 17, US Airways senior vice president of corporate development, alliances, and express Bruce Ashby will begin specific "Transformation Plan" discussions with the new ALPA Negotiating Committee (NC), where it is expected the company will provide the pilots union with specific target numbers. The negotiation now is in the hands of the NC, however, the airline has to be restructured by September, so the process will move fairly quickly.

In addition, US Airways ALPA Officers met with their counterparts at other network airlines this week because the US Airways negotiations are expected to be precedent setting and landmark, because all network carriers are watching the unfolding restructuring because they must adapt to the LCC reality too, or fail.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Based on early reports of pilots contributing 1/2 of all concessions in an amount equal to as much as $400,000,000/yr., what are your thoughts usa320pilot?

Kev3188 said:
Careful guys, better do what U begins with U says, or else they'll haul off and give you a dirty look! :lol:

U begins with U-- How can you expect to be taken seriously? What's it like to look yourself in the mirror every day?

Kev- LOL

ubu- :afro: Chill, man, dirty looks are bad karma. Investement money? You should get a financial advisor, airline stocks are not too hot.

And I'll have the Hearty Vegetable please.

IAM 141M and 141 met with the company this week and got the powerpoint presentation, no specifics of concesssions and the IAM said sorry we won't be back.

There is only one union that will gain jobs and pay raises from this and hint hint it is not the IAM, CWA, TWU or AFA.

As one person said ALPA has dropped their draws and told the company whatever you want is what we will give.

tadjr said:
Management also agrees to set up a meeting to discuss the impact on our MDA passenger service jobs due to the Pilots' recent agreement allow aircraft slated for MidAtlantic to be delivered to other airlines.
We'll keep you informed.
CWA Local Officers and Staff
Seems CWA has tumbled to the fact ALPA doesn't believe in union brotherhood!

I say it's time for IAM/CWA/AFA to respond in kind.