Us Airways Workers Call In Sick

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
US Airways Workers Call In Sick, But It's Not A Sick Out

Wednesday October 13, 1:54 PM EDT

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--US Airways Group Inc. (UAIRQ) officials and a union official said concerns about a work slowdown have been blown out of proportion.

US Airways Chief Financial Officer David Davis testified at a bankruptcy hearing Tuesday that, since the airline said it would ask the bankruptcy court to impose temporary 23% wage cuts, the number of employees calling in sick has risen a bit, including an instance when an entire cleaning crew called in sick.

Union officials said that's true, but the cleaning crew consisted of just two people.

Joseph Tiberi, a spokesman for the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers union that represents the two employees, said Wednesday there's no work slowdown.

"Two people calling in sick isn't any kind of a job action," Tiberi said. " There's definitely no concerted work action."

Click for Story

Light Years said:
This is from the 13th. Lets see about tomorrow, the 16th.
[post="191360"][/post]​
Yes, wander what what tomorrow will be like? Now's the time to use those sick days up...... but, we are much too classy a group of people to resort to that. That would mean we would be stooping to this company's level.

I told you people to use your sick time up a year ago ,at 21% more than
your going to get on 10/16 .they got me for 40000.00 in sick time .I never go a penny dont be stupid .i gave them 28 yrs only to be thrown out the door like a piece of shi$.they are ruthless and could care less
about anyone one of you.

I only have 4 hours left!!! :up: They are not going to get ANYTHING from me!!! My clock is ticking!!! I'll be "outa here"........SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

I heard the baggage handlers ih Philadelphia...fed up ....with the back breaking work at low pay....walked out...lots of flts affected last nite...Any more information on this?

All the afternoon inbnds from PHL yesterday here were delayed over an hour because of no one to load the bags...many rampers just walked out.

WestCoastGuy said:
All the afternoon inbnds from PHL yesterday here were delayed over an hour because of no one to load the bags...many rampers just walked out.
[post="191742"][/post]​
let management load the bags, i applaud the rampers for making a statement. :up:

RumorS said:
:) We all got a sick day today .....
[post="191767"][/post]​

Since the majority of workers are unable to get the flu vaccine this year I am guessing a huge increase in sick calls over the same quarter last year.

Our flight attendants WILL NOT CALL IN SICK.

I had to talk 2 f/as in the middle of their trip who wanted to resign right then and there.

We need to stick together and try with all our mights to impress upong the company that thye are detroying all of labor and buring them out.

We can't afford to lose not even one customer. The more the booking fall, THE GREATER COST SAVINGS THE COMPANY WANTS FROM LABOR.

We need to all hang close together and pressure managment for reasonablilty; OR ALL WILL FAIL.

Labor just cannot shoulder the increases in fuel and all the losses of revenue.

Just can't do it.

Managment has to come to some understanding that LABOR can be their greatest asset.

i wouldnt bet on this group of ransacking thieves and clowns to tell the labor that we are the greatest assetts. afterall the big mouth in alabama has already publicly stated that we are nothing more than just liabilities. however it would be nice to be treated a lot more humanely than the hell we are experincing right now

PITbull said:

We can't afford to lose not even one customer. The more the booking fall, THE GREATER COST SAVINGS THE COMPANY WANTS FROM LABOR.

We need to all hang close together and pressure managment for reasonablilty; OR ALL WILL FAIL.

Just can't do it.

Managment has to come to some understanding that LABOR can be their greatest asset.
[post="191795"][/post]​

Bravo.....I couldn't agree more.

Now hopefully this same sentiment will find it's way into an AFA e-line. ;)

PITbull said:

I had to talk 2 f/as in the middle of their trip who wanted to resign right then and there.

We need to stick together and try with all our mights to impress upong the company that thye are detroying all of labor and buring them out.

Just can't do it.

[post="191795"][/post]​

I'm sorry Pitbull. I usually agree with you but this time you are wrong.This management will never see us as assets. Only a**es. Anyone who stays will be looked at as weak. They are going to run all over us when the abrogation of the contracts take place. No way will this management ever work with us when they can take from us withou any consequences or repercussions.

Latest posts