Us F/a's.... Need Some Help

Colby

Senior
Sep 30, 2003
OKAY... So... I get this phone call last night from one of my friends that knows I spend a lot of time on here finding out information. Well, rather than waiting and trying to sort through the Information I figured I'd out right ask you guys...

He was on a Voluntary Furlough then or course on the 15th went to Invol..status.
He has recieved his MidAtlantic information and is Planning on doing MDA. BUT,
Yesterday he received a FED EX which contained an Emergency Manual and Study Guide for Recurrent... Scheduled for FEB 2nd !!!

So, he is all full of Questions.... Why would he have to go to recurrent if by some miracle enough F/A's take VF 8.... Wouldn't that put him back on Voluntary Status ??? Then, of course he's concerned now about Mid Atlantic because he thinks as people senior come back from Voluntary they'll keep pushing his Seniority down at Mid Atlantic.... Does anyone have any idea how many F/A's actually WANT Mid Atlantic ????

I told him to just hang loose until next week to see how many actually take VF 8...obviously that'll help answer some questions...

Thankyou in advance for any help !!!!!

COLBY !!! :p

Not many F/A's want MDA. If he was out on VF status then he will go back to VF status and should not be bidding on MDA at all. Those 300ish inactive people that were converted from VF to In-Vol furlough on JAN 15th will be converted back to there former status....at least according to the company. But then again he needs to review SECTION 19 and figure out how it applies to him.
PITBull might know a little more but I know not a lot of people are interested in MAA at this point. Yes....some more SR people will come eventually but with 2-3 planes a month, I think your friend will be OK.
There needs too be an E-line URGING all affected F/A's to know their Section 19 rights. I think a lot are going to the duped into trying for the VF and get stuck not knowing what their choices are.

This doesn't make sense...if he's been on VF then he would have to be refingerprinted and get his ID back before even being allowed to go to Recurrent Training. Was he to return to active status on Feb. 1st????? :huh:

USAirboyA330,

Everything you said is correct.

19.2 does apply. Management is not in agreement with that sec. for these Inovl as of late. Again, we will force compliance.

USAirBoyA330 said:
There needs too be an E-line URGING all affected F/A's to know their Section 19 rights. I think a lot are going to the duped into trying for the VF and get stuck not knowing what their choices are.

I agree with you 110% .... I spoke with a couple of F/As I know a couple of weeks ago while NON-Reving and told them that They should just enjoy a little time off... No more being run by Pagers and Cell Phones !!!

Im just ready to get back to flying and don't even see MAA in my future because of my Seniority.... So Im gonna do what I have to do !!!!