US incident at PHL

700UW said:
Any word on the damage?

Will it be fixed or scrapped?
I would think it would take a few days for the engineering people and maybe Airbus folks to evaluate.  And don't forget the insurance company!   

1AA said:
AA has a 757 with a 666 registration number.
I had my right knee replaced on June 6th 06......17 days in the hospital and damn near died. I'm not superstitious but..........

FWAAA said:
Shirley you can't be serious.

If you aren't kidding, then what about those runways that are designated 13/31 like at LGA, JFK and DFW?   

Change the numbers quick! Just call them 14/32:)

Bob

I worked this flight yesterday... and the agent said that there was a Pax who was mad that the f/a made her jump down the slide and stand out in the cold ?  are you crazy woman?  the plane could have could have exploded?  what the f?    people are crazy.... I am so happy that there were no injuries... !  Success!  a perfect evacuation!     There are not many!  Congrats to the CLt Crew!  I flew this same flight Yesterday!  There were many Pax who were so grateful and happy we made it safe!  Thanks to all...

Unverifiable but I spoke to a tech guy yesterday and he said a prelim report was out that the aircraft hit the tail then bounced on the nose twice. If true then there might have been a over rotation hitting the tail then a over correction and bounced the nose until the gear collapsed and the rest is on the media. Too early to tell until the investigation is complete.
If the aircraft hit the tail and bounced around like a teeter toter it is probably heading for the scrap yard. Mechanical failure or pilot error? I am not going to say either way.

I was at a party tonight and thankfully no one asked me about our plane and the nose gear collapse. As soon as we got through the door, I was mobbed with questions about Malaysia Airlines MH370. That was the big topic of the night and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here to get quizzed by John Q Public.

Bean

1AA said:
Unverifiable but I spoke to a tech guy yesterday and he said a prelim report was out that the aircraft hit the tail then bounced on the nose twice. If true then there might have been a over rotation hitting the tail then a over correction and bounced the nose until the gear collapsed and the rest is on the media. Too early to tell until the investigation is complete.
If the aircraft hit the tail and bounced around like a teeter toter it is probably heading for the scrap yard. Mechanical failure or pilot error? I am not going to say either way.
From another forum. Your "tech guy" may be correct. It looks like a hard tail strike.

View attachment 10090

Beancounter said:
I was at a party tonight and thankfully no one asked me about our plane and the nose gear collapse. As soon as we got through the door, I was mobbed with questions about Malaysia Airlines MH370. That was the big topic of the night and I'm sure I'm not the only one on here to get quizzed by John Q Public.

Bean

It actually hasn't been so bad.  At least I haven't heard from everyone I know, asking if I was ok.

Does anyone else find it really weird that the MH captain built a fairly sophisticated simulator in his home?  18,000+ flying hours and he wants to "pretend" fly in his spare time?  

To each his own...but I find it a bit creepy.

I only wish I had the time and talent to put together a quicky mystery novel based on the scenario.

Has anyone thought about what of significant value might be in the cargo hold as a motive?

Finally, a retired AA 777 captain got interviewed on TV and set the record straight on just how little runway a light 777 really needs to land and get stopped...and it's NOT the 6500 foot number bandied around for days. 

nycbusdriver said:

It actually hasn't been so bad.  At least I haven't heard from everyone I know, asking if I was ok.

Does anyone else find it really weird that the MH captain built a fairly sophisticated simulator in his home?  18,000+ flying hours and he wants to "pretend" fly in his spare time?  

To each his own...but I find it a bit creepy.

I only wish I had the time and talent to put together a quicky mystery novel based on the scenario.

Has anyone thought about what of significant value might be in the cargo hold as a motive?

Finally, a retired AA 777 captain got interviewed on TV and set the record straight on just how little runway a light 777 really needs to land and get stopped...and it's NOT the 6500 foot number bandied around for days. 
Was there a Brinks truck loading its packages? hmmmmm

nycbusdriver   if what your saying is true  then what happened to the pax aboard     

Back