U's Star Alliance Committment

Frontier69

Aug 27, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Well I have had an opportunity to experience approx 6 flights on LH from USA to Europe on various acft from 747-400, A321, B737, CRJ700, A320, A330. Every aircraft on each flight was spotless from sidewall to carpet under the seat and in the aisle. The service was excellent to say the least. USAirways will have to implement many changes to meet and even exceed LH's level of service in Business Class as well as coach. I certainly hope this will be an issue of high priority so that customers who utilize "STAR" will get seamless exceptional service from USAirways, as well. I invite readers that have experienced flying other STAR carriers to come forward and share your story. :rolleyes:

You didn't mention the food. I suppose if your into cabbage and such.
Years ago, i crosted the Atlantic 3 times a month. Stayed away from LH. Too much starch, unless they were playing a move I didn't see yet. Then it was a flip.
Anyways, LH had the worse food of all of them.

Frontier69 said:
Well I have had an opportunity to experience approx 6 flights on LH from USA to Europe on various acft from 747-400, A321, B737, CRJ700, A320, A330. :
Wow, that's got to be some kind of record! Where did the CRJ re-fuel en route to Europe? :D

I couldnt agree more about service levels. In the last two years i have had the opportunity to fly both UA and LH often ( UA more often ) here's some info on UA experiences - flew them quite a bit, as recent as three months ago. WOW..a Transcon flight had a pillow and blanket in every seat...blanket wrapped in plastic, headphones in each seat. A full meal was offered in Y, two choices.. pasta or chicken. AUDIO, yes u heard it, AUDIO on 16 stations- A320. The retun experience was in F.....well this was such an embarrassment to have ANY afffiliation with US...first and foremost the seats where cloth, comfortable and with adjustable headrest...nice touch compared to US hard airbus f/c seats. Next, menu, hot towels, three entree chioces, appetizer and salad, REAL yes REAL glassware and silverware. Beautiful light gray linen for the tray and a chioce of desserts. I was shocked - LH service was unebelievable as well.. Too much to mention, but lets just say HOW IN GOD'S NAME DID THEY LET US INTO THE STAR ALLAIANCE....... Filthy airplanes, dirthy lavs,no f/c serivce to speak of and coach well lets not even get started LOL.....
My big question is- What and when is US going to do to upgrade its service? To put it quite simply, its an embarrassment to be affiliated with this airline...Wonderful, funny, kind, professional dedicated employees with a useless,lackluster,lack of vision and know-how mgmt. Im still baffled as to HOW US got into the alliance....

As a passenger, I've often defended US both here and especially on flyertalk.com. And while I still don't align myself with the Cockroaches, etc., I completely agree that US needs to fix some big image issues. I've flown UA in both Y and F over the past few months -- on everything from an ex-Shuttle B737 to A319s/A320s to a B767/B777 to/from HNL -- and, wow, UA's on-board F service, plane cleanliness, seats and overall feel are leagues above what US provides these days. I'm hoping this "going forward" plan addresses some of these issues.

Latest posts