USAIR term sheet with TWU

Buck, I hate to say it but I don't think it will ever stop from both the company and the TWU. The company knows guys will do anything to keep their jobs. The guys showed it with the 2003 givebacks. As for the TWU, they haven't and never will be a real union. The only local in the TWU with any nuts is local 100. I'm not trying to be a "Richard" in my reply but there is life after AA.

Oh I understand, there is life after AA.
As for the TWU and their method of unionism,if I were to say what I really think I would be blasted.

Buck, I hate to say it but I don't think it will ever stop from both the company and the TWU. The company knows guys will do anything to keep their jobs. The guys showed it with the 2003 givebacks. As for the TWU, they haven't and never will be a real union. The only local in the TWU with any nuts is local 100. I'm not trying to be a "Richard" in my reply but there is life after AA.

The USAIR term sheets save, what? half the jobs AA claims the "to be announced T/A" will save. TWO YEAR PROTECTION FOR TUL? THEN WHAT?
No more money from USAIR....401k less match, but they claim OT is compunded. The USAIR T/S is just as bad as a whole as what we will get imposed on us.

Who's kidding who here....

The only yes votes I see for a t/a are those who are at risk of losing their jobs.

I am growing more weary by the day waitng to see how the TWU has agreed to screw us further.

What sickens me further is the fact that the TWU has the nads to post the US term sheets on their locals' websites as if it's the winning lottery numbers.

When all is said and done, we must all send the TWU packing.......

The USAIR term sheets save, what? half the jobs AA claims the "to be announced T/A" will save. TWO YEAR PROTECTION FOR TUL? THEN WHAT?
No more money from USAIR....401k less match, but they claim OT is compunded. The USAIR T/S is just as bad as a whole as what we will get imposed on us.

Who's kidding who here....

The only yes votes I see for a t/a are those who are at risk of losing their jobs.

I am growing more weary by the day waitng to see how the TWU has agreed to screw us further.

What sickens me further is the fact that the TWU has the nads to post the US term sheets on their locals' websites as if it's the winning lottery numbers.

When all is said and done, we must all send the TWU packing.......
Under these circumstances, Does it really matter who represents you, TWU or IAM? I dont think the outcome would be any different. The company has all three unions by the b*lls and they know it. Just a matter of time before we all get screwd.

Usair term sheet not impressive at all. How come TWU backup the merger with that deal? Pilots and F/A get better deals with a raise. It is clear that TWU only cares about dues even is that represent damage to the craft by lowering the standard that other airlines might try to match down looking at us. No hope with the LBO. Will like to be wrong.

Under these circumstances, Does it really matter who represents you, TWU or IAM? I dont think the outcome would be any different. The company has all three unions by the b*lls and they know it. Just a matter of time before we all get screwd.

Actually it does matter...We have our union supporting another worthless piece of trash which at best is temporary.
Yes, we are all screwed, and I am willing to dump the TWU for anyone else.

The question is....do those who feel "saved"' because the TWU preserved jobs..maybe at the expense of everyone else added to those throughout the system who actually want to keep the TWU.....the question is....can this yet to be announced t/a pass??????????

Because, there will be layoffs and alot of them, and I am "Hopeful" that whoever is left standing gives Little and his organization the boot along with his secretary who earns more than twice what we do as mechanics.

Well not today so much, but for the last 20+ years, yes.

...does it really matter which way people vote if the method is an electronic vote? It will be easy to doctor up and make it a real squeaker like 2003. The company is going to lock us up first to lessen the impact on the other two unions that dont roll over for them like the twu international does. The international isn't going to leave it up to us hence the electronic vote.
Why not file a lawsuit now and force an independent party to oversee the vote? I would suspect that there is already an independent party hired to do this, but I bet none of you will trust anyone to handle the vote if the TWU or AA is involved???

Furlough Protection. For the two year period following the Closing Date, the Company will maintain (i.e., protect from furlough) those approximately 4,500 AMTs at TULE.

Sounds to me like US will only protect the jobs in TULE for a couple years. How many could be laid off after 2 years is only anybody's guess....
Actually it will take at least a year from the closing to integrate the employee groups so that's not much "furlough protection". Plus, since the closing would undoubtedly happen coincidentally with bankruptcy exit, how many of those would be gone by then and would US recall them for the short term?

Jim

Back