Proposed Merger/AA Bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
American talks with TWU conclude, pilots scheduled for Wednesday

http://blogs.star-telegram.com/sky_talk/2012/06/american-talks-with-twu-conclude-pilots-scheduled-for-wednesday.html

TWU Statement: June 12, 2012

The second scheduled day of mediated negotiations with M&R and Stores took place today in New York. These talks are being held under the guidance of a federal judge who has ordered that session proceedings be confidential.

The TWU had two days scheduled for mediation this week. Starting tomorrow the pilots go into mediation with the judge. As information becomes available we will update you.

American Statement: June 12, 2012

American Airlines met with the Transport Workers Union in mediated sessions for two days this week to discuss the Mechanics & Related and Stores contracts. We will resume mediated discussions with the APA tomorrow. Our goal is still to reach consensual deals with all of our unions. As demonstrated by the ratified agreements we’ve reached with the TWU for five of its workgroups, we’re committed to finding creative, cooperative ways to achieve consensual agreements that allow American to emerge from restructuring as a profitable and successful company.”

AMR S.1113 Heaging Transcripts

http://www.twubkfacts.org/home/tabid/1494/ctl/detail/mid/3063/itemid/459/court-transcripts-and-documents.aspx

Hey you guys have a copy of your AMT seniority list online? It sure looks like a merger is coming.

Pay no attention to him etops, as he is just lives to stir the pot from the sidelines. An airline wannabee that must have one hell of a boring career to be so fixated on US and Doug.

Reactions: 1 person
I actually like the OP's compilation of news articles about US. I am well aware of the history of him, his former screen name, etc. and would like to see him post things in his own words like the rest of us do, but at the same time I respect his choice to contribute in this way.

PHL, you've seen him post in his own words for years with every other merger attempt USAirways has tried to make. I suspect he's tired of putting his opinion out there, which of course, everyone knows and then spends a bunch of time getting the taste of nylon, vinyl and velcro out of his mouth..
The OP is a one trick pony who hand picks the "pro merger" media press releases, copies/pastes what he considers juicy, throws a little bold font in there, then sits back and hopes the merger chant builds beyond its current state.

The thought of him adding his own commentary??

:rolleyes:

p.s. If this merger happens, the OP is looking at about a $50K bump in pay for the same job. (courtesy of the APA)

Reactions: 2 people
Jessica simpsons baby

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-body/news/pic-jessica-simpson-gives-first-glimpse-of-post-baby-bod-2012136

p.s. If this merger happens, the OP is looking at about a $50K bump in pay for the same job. (courtesy of the APA)

p.s. If this merger happens, according to the unions, APA et al, the hardworking employees of AA will also be better off. (Courtesy of Doug Parker). We'll see.

Show me anyone at either airline that wouldn't welcome a bump in pay.....

Me.

I'm still waiting to see the details of AA's plan. The "bump" in pay with USAirways is mostly an empty bag. Our union really left a lot of questions unanswered, and their continued silence on very specific areas of the term agreement that are full of holes is very troubling. Parker guaranteed we'll see no upside in our paychecks if his idea comes to fruition. We're locked into a 6 year deal that half of the raises come from concessions from the pilot group.

AND- APA screwed to pooch by not pre-agreeing to fences, both seat and base, .. or job guarantees of future firm aircraft deliveries. The USAPA guys are going out of their way to show every AA pilot on their jumpseats what to expect out of a merger with AA. A date of hire seniority list...

Parker needs this deal more than AA does. And thats why he's obnoxiously pulling out all the stops to get it done. IF he gets it done, AA still trails in the largest O&D markets required to successfully compete with UA & DL. There are other airlines out there that accomplish more than "we'll have the biggest fleet"

BUT, that RIC-JAX customer get taken care of!

Reactions: 3 people
BUT, that RIC-JAX customer get taken care of!

Another analyst's article recently fixated on the BUF-CHS market, as if AA's absence from that booming domestic market explains why AA is hurting and DL and UA are thriving.

Pay no attention to him etops, as he is just lives to stir the pot from the sidelines. An airline wannabee that must have one hell of a boring career to be so fixated on US and Doug.

Ahhh, good spin there, wingie. There must be alot of me on these boards. Why not push IGNORE, or follow your own advice...oh wait, this has been going on for years. Ignore me, but pay attention to me. That has been USs plan that, much like the merger and merger-wolfs, doesn't seem to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.