USAirways announces quarterly results

I still havent seen or heard anything in writing where we no longer qualify for the loan. I havent heard one person or seen anything in writing saying that we no longer qualify for the loan..I would think that if this were the case everyone would be saying it and printing it..

Usfliboi:

I US comes out with a strong statement it no longer meets the ATSB 7 percent profit margin requirement, this publicity would likely drive passengers away from US to the competition. What responsible management would do that?

I'm telling you in no uncertain terms the company does not meet the standards of the loan guarantee, which is why the further cuts are required, to gain access to the additional liquidity.

Moreover, it is very important US emerge before war breaks out.

It's fact. Be in denial if you desire, but the company does not qualify for the loan guarantee without another couple hundred million in cuts.

Chip

I assure you chip im in no denial... The same company who declared Chapter 11 Bank...we ran um off then, thats who, the same company who threatened to shut down when flight attendants were attempting chaos...that jolted then too.. the same company now who doesnt worry about running off passengers by reducing us into a regional carrier.....I dont think media outlets have anything to lose nor the atsb by making an official announcement that we no longer qualify....?

Usfliboi:

Usfliboi said: The same company who declared Chapter 11 Bank...we ran um off then, thats who

Chip asks: Was there any other option?

Usfliboi said: the same company who threatened to shut down when flight attendants were attempting chaos...that jolted then too..

Chip asks: Was that done by the current Executive Suite?

Usfliboi said: the same company now who doesnt worry about running off passengers by reducing us into a regional carrier

Chip answers: How do you know that is the long-term plan? Is European flying and the Caribbean/Central American expansion fit your definition of regional flying?

I fully understand frustration, but I disagree with your comments.

Chip

Chip, I appreciate your understanding, however im not frustrated.... Im merely pointing out that there has been nothing said anywhere that we no longer qualify for the atsb loan. Is the 7% profit margin a must for qualification?.... possibly.. However i think that all points of the atsb qualification list will all be up and down through out this process as far as US meeting the requirements. Im not trying to argue again just asked a simple question. I think your response that the reason the company doesnt say this outright is a fear of running off passengers isnt a valid one. Before in past management and currently this team has shown it will do what it has to do not withstanding what passengers think. My point is i appreciate fullness and accuracy.. You seem to be intelligent and informed somewhat, and i like to pride myself as well as being some what informed. I however dont do much of speculating or quoting simply because no one on this board knows whats going on .. We can all speculate, repeat articles, or quote a friend or person who is close to someones mom .. I tend to listen, wonder and use somewhat some commonsense. Again i do appreciate your efforts and your concern for our company. I enjoy reading some of your post and frankly agree at least 50% of the time with some of your post ... Thanks