Will Aamerican Remain A Wallflower?

That depends mostly on the price of oil, IMO. Delta is a company that is bleeding cash, AMR is not. I wouldn't expect AMR in bankruptcy court anytime soon provided that the price of oil stays near this same trading range.

Connected1 said:
That depends mostly on the price of oil, IMO. Delta is a company that is bleeding cash, AMR is not. I wouldn't expect AMR in bankruptcy court anytime soon provided that the price of oil stays near this same trading range.
[post="254311"][/post]​
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

connected1,

"depends MOSTLY on the price of OIL".

Truer words were never spoken.
IMHO, AA will NEVER, yes you heard correctly, NEVER go into BK.

Astronomical Oil prices will "cleanse" this Industry like "Mr. Clean"

Deadwood carriers like US UA, and most likely DL will be history, which means more of the "spoils for AA and NW. ( CO is sooo far up NW's butt, that I consider them part of NW)

Vicious Oil prices would "initially" hurt AA as well, but AA has a number of trump cards to play.

1. AA is stockpiling cash
2. AA has(their GREATEST weapon), A/E, which can start flying a lot of routes,(TEMPORARILY) while taking the "immediate" $$heat away from mainline, until the Industry "cleanses" itself
3. AA can, just with the language it has in it's union contracts, "downsize" mainline, very quickly.
And,
4. Never rule out a real $$Buyout for senior employees, to coincide with the next round of contracts.

IMHO, the ONLY safe place to be sitting, if your and airline employee, with decent union seniority, is AA, NW or WN.

NH/BB's

NH/BB
Give me a little package and I'll join the "NH/BB Retiree Club" as it is I'm closer to 60 than 59. I'm day to day right now 1 major pizz-off and I'm gone. I just don't feel ready yet but I could use a 5yr seniority bump....
I could then return back to the North East and quit this 23yr odessy in the SW