Usairways Shuttle

Legacy

Sep 6, 2002
What is to happen to that? I heard it may be sold to AMR. How many A/C does it take to run the shuttle?

Does anyone have any info or opinion?

Legacy said:
What is to happen to that? I heard it may be sold to AMR. How many A/C does it take to run the shuttle?

[post="271709"][/post]​

Unlikely.

Legacy said:

[post="271709"][/post]​

Even a rumor of the USAirways Shuttle being sold to American (or anyone else) would be front page news in the New York Times.

The only way I can see the Shuttle being spun off is in Chapter 7 and then it will go to the highest bidder. JetBlue would likely win any bidding war for the Shuttle. American's current "shuttle-like-entity" flown by Eagle has a dismal reliabilty record. Even American pilots show up at the USAirways Shuttle to ride our jumpseats saying they don't trust Eagle to get them there in a timely fashion. I suspect that Neeleman would jump at the chance to acquire the Shuttle in liquidation, and he would get whatever money he needed from financiers to make it happen. American wouldn't have the cash, or access to it, to compete in a bidding war.

nycbusdriver said:
Even a rumor of the USAirways Shuttle being sold to American (or anyone else) would be front page news in the New York Times.

The only way I can see the Shuttle being spun off is in Chapter 7 and then it will go to the highest bidder.

The Shuttle has been running 90% plus load factors even on Tuesdays and Wednsdays since Acela's woes. I doubt very much this entity would be spun off !

There is no seperate Shuttle, the Shuttle is part of mainline, the planes are part of mainline.

That rumor's been floating around for years. Can't somebody think of something original? AA could buy it, but then who'd they sell it to when they go BK next year?

700UW said:
There is no seperate Shuttle, the Shuttle is part of mainline, the planes are part of mainline.
[post="271733"][/post]​

Wrong 700........... The Shuttle IS DIFFERENT AND CAN BE SPUN OFF not by planes but by SLOTS and by EXTRA SECTION SLOTS ! Read your "Shuttle Inc" agreement with USAIRWAYS !

I hope you like crow.

What operating certificate does the Shuttle fly under?

MAINLINE, what contracts are the employees covered under?

ALL MAINLINE Employees, not seperate Shuttle employees.

There is no Shuttle Inc, Agreement anymore, as the shuttle was merged into mainline after purchase from Citibank. Why do you think there was a lawsuit by the mechanics against the IAM because of seniority intergration.

Who bought the A320s that use to fly on the shuttle?

Answer US Airways, now there is a mixture of A320 and A319s flying the Shuttle and 737s, gee did "Shuttle Inc" own any 737s or Airbus?
NOPE.

The slots at LGA can be used for any destination as long as it does not violate the permiter rule, the slots are collateral for the ATSB loan. The slots are not city specific.

Lets see does it say US Airways Shuttle on any plane anymore?

NOPE.

Here is some history for you:

1998 US Airways Inc., purchased Shuttle Inc., from a consortium of banks. The Shuttle has flown under the US Airways name since 1992, when US Airways became an investor in the Shuttle with a minority ownership stake. US Airways Shuttle flies 17 daily roundtrips between Boston and LaGuardia, and 16 daily roundtrips between LaGuardia and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport

1992 USAir and Trump Shuttle begin a marketing affiliation under which the service becomes the USAir Shuttle. The Shuttle provides hourly service between New York and Boston and between New York and Washington, D.C. USAir's new terminal at New York's LaGuardia Airport opens.

Once again, don't let facts get in your way.

The slots at LGA can be used for any destination as long as it does not violate the permiter rule, the slots are collateral for the ATSB loan. The slots are not city specific.

Lets see does it say US Airways Shuttle on any plane anymore?

NOPE.

Here is some history for you:
Once again, don't let facts get in your way.
[post="271893"][/post]​
[/quote]

Your wrong 700 the slots (and extra section slots ) can be spun off ! I resect all your research you do but research some more !

LGA is in East Elmhust, Flushing ! Remember!

I know where it is, I use to work there.

US can only sell slots if the ATSB approves, and please show me how the Shuttle is a seperate company.

Can't admit you are wrong?

700 .....

Do a little Port Authority Research ! They have quite a say on what happens at LGA/EWR &JFK

Do a little research and you might understand the Shuttle is not a seperate company that can be sold.

Wow, how stupid are you 700UW...

Name a difference between what Shuttle is and what Midatlantic is, cmon...

If they want to sell it it is sold.

Just

Midatlantic

There is no seperate Shuttle per se... It was once a wholly owned subsidiary (Shuttle Inc) but was merged into the mainline in 2000. At one point, (late 90s?) mainline was doing Shuttle service with DC9s to IAD, with Shuttle titles, but mainline planes and crews, while the "real Shuttle" did the standard LGA BOS DCA.

The gates/slots can be used for anything if sold, as long as they are within the perimeters for LGA and DCA. It could still easily be sold as a package deal, the slots and the Shuttle specific gates, lounges, and ticket counters.

The company did have a dedicated Shuttle fleet of A319s and A320s after the Shuttle 727s were phased out. They were single class, with lots of legroom like the 170, and I can't remember but I want to say the gallies had no ovens. Siegel decided to have a standard fleet, so the planes were reconfigured and regular dual class Airbuses (and I think 737s as well) now fly the Shuttle routes. The aircraft don't have the Shuttle titles, but the brand is still widely used in gate areas and marketing, and the flights have Shuttle flight numbers (I think they start with 2). As far as announcements, onboard service, and airport procedures the Shuttle brand is still used, albeit on dual class "mainline" planes. There is no division for crews, they now do both mainline and Shuttle flying if based in LGA DCA or BOS.

The difference between Shuttle and MidAtlantic is that it was a wholly owned, seperate certificate airline, like PSA or Piedmont, which MidAtlantic never was (although there was Potomac Air, the defunct W/O that was to become DCAir, and later MAA, but never did, but that's a different story). MAA is more similar to MetroJet in that it's mainline certificate but different contracts for pilots (but not F/As as well like MAA). Of course. MetroJet was a public brand, whereas MAA wears US Airways Express titles despite the fact that it uses the mainline brand (flight numbers, website/boarding passes, meals etc).

As we all know, US Airways is determined to be as confusing as possible for it's customers and employees. :rolleyes:

088869.jpg

214649.jpg

I miss the chic Shuttle planes, as well the foxy red MetroJets.

Back