Usairways Shuttle

Winglet said:
That rumor's been floating around for years. Can't somebody think of something original? AA could buy it, but then who'd they sell it to when they go BK next year?
[post="271840"][/post]​

I don't know what you have been smoking but AA is not going BK anytime soon. The real money is betting on AA and the recent stock prices are a good indicator of that.
AA might eventually buy a merged US/AW company for cents on the dollar from a chapter 7 court.

Doesn't LGA have shuttle specific slots that get priority ATC clearance over commuter and regular mainline departures?

Rico said:
Wow, how stupid are you 700UW...

Name a difference between what Shuttle is and what Midatlantic is, cmon...
If they want to sell it it is sold.

Just

Midatlantic
[post="271917"][/post]​
How stupid are you?

There is NO shuttle, they can sell slots with ATSB approval and they can sell planes.

Read light years post, and remember to read it S L O W L Y

The US Shuttle is a marketing entity just like the DL Shuttle; neither have separate legal standing. The value in the Shuttle is the slots; both Shuttle operations use an aweful lot of slots. When flying from NYC to BOS and WAS is no longer profitable, the slots WILL be used to fly to other places that are. Thankfully for US and DL, Amtrak hasn't yet provided a consistently reliable high speed shuttle. Probably won't.

Why could not the new HPUS keep two certificates, organize a 'shuttle' airline and spin it off to the highest bidder to pay down debt. The ATSB could get back cash, as well as the other investors? Since the two carriers are going to operate as seperate carriers for a period of time.

Just posing as a question? Not that it would be smart to sell off the DCA/LGA slots, but if they could sell quickly enough, raise enough cash maybe they could purchase international assets from UA if they liquidate. (LHR, NRT)

nycbusdriver said:
The only way I can see the Shuttle being spun off is in Chapter 7 and then it will go to the highest bidder. JetBlue would likely win any bidding war for the Shuttle.

I suspect that Neeleman would jump at the chance to acquire the Shuttle in liquidation, and he would get whatever money he needed from financiers to make it happen. American wouldn't have the cash, or access to it, to compete in a bidding war.
[post="271713"][/post]​

:D :D

B6 would win a bidding war with AA? Check the cash balance of each airline. :D

AA has over $3 billion of unrestricted cash and, unlike B6, no new airplane deliveries this year.

LGA / 037 said:
nycbusdriver said:
Even a rumor of the USAirways Shuttle being sold to American (or anyone else) would be front page news in the New York Times.

The only way I can see the Shuttle being spun off is in Chapter 7 and then it will go to the highest bidder.
The Shuttle has been running 90% plus load factors even on Tuesdays and Wednsdays since Acela's woes. I doubt very much this entity would be spun off !
[post="271732"][/post]​

Is the shuttle adding the the mounting losses or is it helping to reduce the bleeding?

Back