Venezuela Restricts American Airlines flights to ccs

Status
Not open for further replies.
CARACAS, Venezuela (Reuters) - Venezuela has delayed a suspension of some U.S. passenger and cargo flights until March 30 while the government holds talks with U.S. carriers over the restrictions, authorities said Saturday.

The reason about going easy on the Miami restrictions is probably because of the large and growing Venezuelan population there!

Maybe Cindy Sheehan can call her buddy Hugo Chavez and see if she can sell America out some more!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hopeful,

Well ol' friend, I guess we're going to have(perhaps) our FIRST "Agree to Disagree"

I won't try to convince you, that the Democratic party is perfect !!

But WITHOUT QUESTION, "DUMBYA" is the WORST friggin' president we've (perhaps) EVER had !!

Remember when Clinton was in office ? that was probably the LAST time your 401K was a 401K(unlike your present 401K, which is at best a "101K"

Also, assuming your a GOP man(AND I STILL "CAN'T" BELIEVE IT) BE forewarned. If the GOP is successful at "sandbagging" John McCain in '08, like they did in 00',
You and I and everyone else, will be using the term "President Clinton", again(like in HILLARY)

(Last time i heard, ol' pro choice, CATHOLIC, RUDY G., is in SC, hanging around Bob Jones University, trying to become a "GOOD OL' BOY) :blink: :blink:

Nevertheless Dude, you STILL OK in my book !!

NH/BB's

Hopeful,

Well ol' friend, I guess we're going to have(perhaps) our FIRST "Agree to Disagree"

But WITHOUT QUESTION, "DUMBYA" is the WORST friggin' president we've (perhaps) EVER had !!

Remember when Clinton was in office ? that was probably the LAST time your 401K was a 401K(unlike your present 401K, which is at best a "101K"

Also, assuming your a GOP man(AND I STILL "CAN'T" BELIEVE IT) BE forewarned. If the GOP is successful at "sandbagging" John McCain in '08, like they did in 00',
You and I and everyone else, will be using the term "President Clinton", again(like in HILLARY)

(Last time i heard, ol' pro choice, CATHOLIC, RUDY G., is in SC, hanging around Bob Jones University, trying to become a "GOOD OL' BOY) :blink: :blink:

NH/BB's

NH'BB's,

How are you buddy!

To set the record straight, I am not the cheerleader for the GOP one might think. But I find it odd that the truly pro Democrat posters here believe that the Democratic Party is labor's friend. You know what the GOP's agenda is towards labor, but do really know what the Democratic party's is?
All we need to do is look at Hillary Clinton's agenda. She is the poster child for liberalism. She moves to New York and becomes Senator. She has moved from the extreme left towards the center for votes. What a crock!
So hear you have a woman lying about her agenda to get elected and to then to be elected president, and the media gives her a free pass.
I voted for Bush for one reason and one reason only! NATIONAL SECURITY! And before I get bombarded with the PORT deal issue, bear in mind that if we get one more terror attack using an airliner as a weapon of mass destruction, we airline employees are screwed royally and there won't be the resurgence in airline travel that we saw following 9-11.
No one wants to be reminded that the first twin tower attack was done on Bill Clinton's watch. The planning for 9-11 was started in 1996, also under Bill Clinton's watch. The reply is, "well that's in the past!" Clinton had three opportunities to get Osama, two from the eyes of a predator! He knew of Osama, but did nothing! But, hey, that's in the past! Events of the past have a great effect on events in the future.

So you believe Bush is the worst president? I guess you don't remember Jimmy Carter then. Double digit inflation, the hostage crisis? He allowed Iran to bring the United States to it's knees! He ruined the CIA intelligence program because he ran the county clutching his bible. But that's ok I suppose.
But, hey, at least they didn't get killed, just incarcerated for 444 days!
Of course Bush will rate as one of the worst presidents, but Carter will always be at the absolute bottom!

So, keep in mind that if you are more concerned about your 401k than another terrosit attack using an airliner, be ready to have that 401k tank even further because the left wing liberal ACLU supporters don't want wiretapping and invasive body searches at the airport.

No more than I would let anyone I care for go hunting with Cheney. :shock:

Yea, But Mary Jo never lived to walk out of a hospital! Ted lived to go on and help deregulate the airlines!

to me it sure seems to be a full suicide mission when AA is restricted to just MIA and banning of CO and DAL. I sure hope the govt of vene. repeals it or else suffers

to me it sure seems to be a full suicide mission when AA is restricted to just MIA and banning of CO and DAL. I sure hope the govt of vene. repeals it or else suffers

Miami has a large and growing Venezuelan population.

Hopeful,

NH/BB's

I voted for Bush not because I thought he was a good president, but rather because the thought of "Every side of every issue" Kerry in the presidency sent chills up my spine. If the Democrats could field a candidate with political views like Clinton . . only one that could keep his **** in his pants, they'd have a chance of winning. But alas, the Dems seem to like their Ted Kennedy clones.

"I's sure rather go hunting with Dick Cheney, than a car ride with Ted Kennedy."

Just think of how full the MIA flights will be with AA getting all of the CO and DL flow. Hell...I'd throw a few more flights in there if I were AA.

Chavez will relent when the embargo on flights from the U.S. starts hurting his major source of income--the oil industry. I have several friends in Houston who are just tickled pink about the embargo because they are in the oil or oil service business and have to travel down there all the time.

They can use the excuse that "Well, I'd love to come look at and repair your broken wellhead valve, but I can't get on a flight to Caracas before next Thursday at the earliest, and AA told me that would be strictly standby for First Class. Will you be able to pay for me a First Class ticket if I get on the flight? In the meantime, I would try to put some plastic sheeting and sandbags around the drilling platform. Crude oil spilling on the ground tends to pollute your groundwater."

If the Democrats could field a candidate with political views like Clinton . . only one that could keep his **** in his pants, they'd have a chance of winning.
Although it hasn't been confirmed, the odds are there is nothing in Hillary's pants. :p

Looks like one RT MIA-CCS flight was already taken out of the schedule for the rest of March. Let the political games begin...

CARACAS, Venezuela, March 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. government warned Venezuela on Tuesday it would suspend Venezuelan flights to the United States if Caracas carries out a threat to ban or restrict U.S. carriers flying to Venezuela.

And you haven't answered Clinton being asleep at the wheel when Osama was planning 9-11 in 1996. What did Clinton do after the first attempt to bring down the twin towers in 1993????? HE PUT CONCRETE BARRIERS SO NO ONE WOULD GET NEAR THE TOWERS!

Clinton did attack Al Queda and those who were directly responsible for the first WTC attack were arrested and imprisoned. There was no direct link to Osama in that attack but Clinton ordered several attacks anyway, and was thoughroughly criticized by the right for doing so.

What did Bush do after 9-11? Took out the Taliban, which his father helped put in place in the first place, then attacked Iraq. Restricted the Civil Liberties of regular Americans, bankrupted the country, tripled gas prices and in the meantime 5 years later Bin Laden is still free.

During Clintons tenure Al Gore did a study on airport security and made several recommendations to make our skies safer-all blocked by the right and the airlines.

If you recall throughout the 90s airline workers were put on "high alert" on several occasions. There was no such alert issued prior to 9-11 despite the fact that the Bush administration had been informed just weeks before that terrorists were planning an attack using airliners.

AGAIN, What did Clinton and Gore do about those levees???

The inadequacy of the levee system in New Orleans was known about since they were built, and you know damn well if Clinton had embarked on a government "Tax and spend" plan to build a system that could handle any hurricane you and other rigt wing supporters would have been shouting about that.

Its not so much the failure to prevent disaster, it was the failure to respond to it.

Oh, by the way! In reference to your comments about Bush letting the UAE company run the ports, the news just reported that some UAE princes met with Osama Bin Laden at a hunting camp in 1999!

Who was president in 1999??????????????????????????

Who was President when Bin Laden was being supported, trained and equiped by the US? It wasnt Bill Clinton.

And which family regularly does business with those who associate with Bin Laden? The Bush family.

I can just imaginr the UAE datebook:"Dinner with our friend Bin Laden on tuesday, dinner with our good friend Goerge Bush on weds". George helps get us the money and we give it to Osama to attack the US which gives Junior political capitol to attack Iraq,(which had no links to the attack, unlike the UAE, Saudi Arabia etc) then the UAE can charge more for oil.

Which President wanted to let those who associate with Bin Laden run US Ports? Bush.

NH'BB's,

How are you buddy!

To set the record straight, I am not the cheerleader for the GOP one might think. But I find it odd that the truly pro Democrat posters here believe that the Democratic Party is labor's friend. You know what the GOP's agenda is towards labor, but do really know what the Democratic party's is?

Of course you are a GOP cheerleader. Thats why when all else fails you go after the same meaningless points as every other GOP cheerleader-Ted Kennedy and Clintons sex life.

While I dont care for the Democrats as a whole they are, from a workers perspective generally less harmful than the GOP. There are exceptions, I'd choose a New York Republican like Peter King over most southern Democrats.

Working people need to reject both parties and form a true Labor Party.

All we need to do is look at Hillary Clinton's agenda. She is the poster child for liberalism. She moves to New York and becomes Senator. She has moved from the extreme left towards the center for votes. What a crock!
So hear you have a woman lying about her agenda to get elected and to then to be elected president, and the media gives her a free pass.

Poster child for Liberalism? Really? Do you know what Liberalism is? If anything she is a moderate democrat, too far to the right and big busienees as far as I',m concerned. She does "just enough" for Labor to prevent being lableled a closet pro-abortion Republican.

Can you give me some examples if Hillary Clintons "extreme left" positions?

Free pass? Are you saying that what a New York Senator says is not newsworthy?

I voted for Bush for one reason and one reason only! NATIONAL SECURITY!

Are you more secure? Why did you vote for him the first time?

And before I get bombarded with the PORT deal issue, bear in mind that if we get one more terror attack using an airliner as a weapon of mass destruction, we airline employees are screwed royally and there won't be the resurgence in airline travel that we saw following 9-11.

Oh really? Why not? People still pack onto A-300s dont they?

No one wants to be reminded that the first twin tower attack was done on Bill Clinton's watch.

Yes, indeed it was. So that means it was Planned under George Bush the firsts watch.It happened within weeks of Clinton taking office and he was never given any warning.

Now 9-11 happened nearly eight months after GW took office, the tickets the terrorists used were purchased while Bush was in office and the Bush administration had been warned of a planned attack. Yet they did nothing. Could it be that they had more to gain by allowing the attack to happen then had by preventing it? One thing for sure is that if anybody benifited fromn the attack it was the Bush administration wasnt it?

The planning for 9-11 was started in 1996, also under Bill Clinton's watch. The reply is, "well that's in the past!"

Who says that? The plan may well have started in 1996, but perhaps that plan went into effect due to the fact that the airlines and the right successfully fought initiatives to increase airline security.

Clinton had three opportunities to get Osama, two from the eyes of a predator! He knew of Osama, but did nothing! But, hey, that's in the past! Events of the past have a great effect on events in the future.

Like I said before, if he had the right would have impeached him for doing so.

So you believe Bush is the worst president?

Yes, I do.

I guess you don't remember Jimmy Carter then.

Yes I do. I remember that Carter introduced a plan to make the country "Energy independant by the year 2000". If we had done that then there would have been no Gulf War, no WTC attack and we would all be better off today.

Double digit inflation, the hostage crisis?

The hostage crises was the result of our support for the Shah. The hostages were released though negotiatoions conducted under Carters watch.

He allowed Iran to bring the United States to it's knees!

The only thing that may have brought us to our knees is our dependance on foreign oil. And we are more dependant now than ever before, thanks to your right wing freinds that destroyed Carters energy inititives and anything that would lower oil industry profits.

He ruined the CIA intelligence program because he ran the county clutching his bible.

You mean that unlike Bush, Carter was a true Christian? That he believed in the 10 comandments and did his best to obey the laws that were put in place, unlike Bush.

But that's ok I suppose.
But, hey, at least they didn't get killed, just incarcerated for 444 days!

Which would you choose, death or a 444 day incarceration? You forget that under Reagan American hostages were held for even longer periods, and were often executed. You leave out all the hostages that have been executed under Bush's watch. Well all things considered the Iran crises ended quite well.

Of course Bush will rate as one of the worst presidents, but Carter will always be at the absolute bottom!

Based on what? The economy? Working people had higher real incomes under Carter, both the deficit and debt were much much smaller, even in real terms. People were not getting cheated out of their pensions. They were getting raises, they were employed, what was worse under Carter than it is under Bush? Even real inflation was lower under Carter and we were not taking paycuts.

So, keep in mind that if you are more concerned about your 401k than another terrosit attack using an airliner, be ready to have that 401k tank even further because the left wing liberal ACLU supporters don't want wiretapping and invasive body searches at the airport.
Yea, But Mary Jo never lived to walk out of a hospital! Ted lived to go on and help deregulate the airlines!

Oh yea, and you are not a GOP cheerleader.

"Ted" may well have helped deregulate the airlines, but he also said that he regretted it. No excuse, it should still be held against him.

The industry was deregulted in 1978, yet massive paycuts and union busting in the airlines did not take place until 1983, under Reagan.

How many Republicans voted for Dereguluation? Isnt is true that the other sponsor for deregulation was a Republican and that the measure had near unanimous Republican support?

Both Bush's have pushed to allow more outsourcing of maintenance and GW is pushing for more foreign ownership.

As far as the unfortunare "Mary Jo" she missed just as much as the poor unfortunate fella that Mrs Bush killed in the car wreck that she was involved in when she ran a stop sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts