View of Conditions at US - Article

zethya

Veteran
Mar 23, 2006
Here is an independent, all encompassing, view of the conditions and reasons thereof, at US:

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/home...econd_year.html

Excerp:
"...Philadelphia's top carrier is hiring 350 pilots, while facing labor unrest and service complaints. Airline fares continue to rise.

Times are good for people who run airlines.
The industry is headed toward its second straight profitable year, for the first time since 1999-2000. International air traffic has been especially robust, and competition growing. US Airways, Philadelphia's biggest carrier, is hiring pilots for the first time in nine years.

So why do so many people - airline employees, customers, and even some industry executives and experts - seem unhappy?......."

P.S., Suggest send a copy of those Breakroom pictures in the other Thread, with an unemotional description, to the author of this article - Tom Belden.

The first article in Belden's series was on Monday, the 29th. He actually asked the question "did US run a poor operation in the summer?" I think I spit out my coffee.

Catering : what part of Red wine is so incomprehensible?
Cleaning: silly me, there was none.
On time performance: I had 2, count 'em, 2 flights that were on time all summer.
Video system? I began thinking of it as a way to torture the employees and passengers. By summer's end we comped all international headsets and hoped for the best.
Mechanicals: for the first time in 18 years I actually approached a mechanic privately and asked him if it was safe to fly the 767. I begged him to tell me the truth. He said they were safe, they just weren't getting any downtime for maintenance, hence after being MEL'd the maximum amount of time, you'd take a 5 hour delay, or 5 minutes before the flight attendants were illegal delay, then pushback.

Sullen employees? Uh, yeah. The debacle of shares, the barely legal flying and the customer who for whatever reason did not internalize "Low COST carrier" while clicking on the $200 European fare. . . .
Actually, I am sympathetic. I agreed with them, the product is atrocious. I left off, "now you know, modify your choices in future"!

The kicker is, catering, cleaning an airplane, proper maintenance, that was considered the easy stuff pre merger.
And the worst part?
Parker believes that you can do anything to the customer if the price is low enough. As yet, no one has proven him wrong.

And Mr. Gee is blaming it on a difficult year merging.

The merger was sometime in 2005. Sounds like Bushwipes blaming Iraq on Clinton.

Does the flying public know that passengers are to be called "souls on board" and employees are called "bodies"?
If it is okay for passengers to sit on a dirty aircraft, with their knees up to their chests especially transatlantic flights, no closets and delayed aircraft performances I think that that they are totally brainwashed!
We know that the FFocus group has tried and even taken business elsewhere. This apparently is just accepted now and lets move on as the sandcastle would state.
Bottom line-customers are treated like garbage, employees are treated like garbage, even some managers are treated like garbage. So with all that garbage piling up looks like someone will eventually haul us all away and Dougie and Company will reap on the profits!

US Airways management monitoring these boards...So fire everyone that brings up the atrocious working conditions. This is the height of arrogance we now have come to expect of this group. They are all mouth, no action and lie to anyone and everyone they encounter.

I feel badly that the former AWA employees get a bum rap for these bozos.

Hey management, if you are reading this..Kiss my f :censored: ass!!

Some one from CLT stores should send them pics of all the parts piling up in receiving because of the great Litton conversion from Merlin to Sceptre, ask those guys over there how its going! :up: Not to Good!

Coach with all due respect the pics should NOT be sent to Belden or any other media member directly.

I have reason to believe that US is beginning to monitor these boards with far more nefarious intentions than before. The reason is the ability of many of us to successfully generate publicity unfavorable to the airline.

Those of you who wish to pass information on to the media need to be VERY careful how you submit it as you are technically in violation of your terms and conditions of employment. One way would be through a third party, another would be through e-mail not from your home computer or regular e-mail address.

Be very careful

Everything is public today. USAirways couldn't do anything in the past and they can't do anything now. Trust me, everything was publisized in my day.

PITbull,

Who needs the aggravation of getting fired then having the union get your job back? It's not worth it. So with all due respect PITbull I kinda sorta disagree.

Bob,

Nothing I did was confidential. I didn't recognize that word when it came to what these shittz did to the employees. If anyone to fire...it would have been me. They couldn't touch me, and they knew it. There isn't a person who got fired for saying anything that went public. And many did in the day. Hell Bob, I made company e-mails public domain. You remember, too.

Latest posts