PHL Rampers Fired and Arrested Soon?

You are guys are right as always. I'm confident what you are saying is that management intentionally went out and hired thieves. I'm sure there are not other companies in the world that have hired people who are dishonest.

So if you were in charge how would you have caught the error "real time". I guess if you were running the place you would have been able to fire people on the spot without gathering evidence. Now how would the union handle that approach? That's right you would have only hired honest people. I guess everyone would be given a lie detector test on their interview.

How would you running Philly as employees eliminate ATC delays, weather, etc.

The airline should shut down Philly - that is best resolution. Actually better yet Philly should go on strike.

I am convinced more than ever no employee is responsible for anything at US.

P.S. - Mgmt does and continues to make many mistakes. My point is every once in a while they aren't 100% responsible for things.

I challenge you to name some things that are not managements fault outside of weather, ATC delay's, that the employees are creating?

If you are not getting paid overtime due to you, here are some suggestions...

1. If you are a union member, insist your union file a grievance. A one-off occurrence will not generate a grievance, but this sounds like chronic and often. If they refuse go with DFR charges.
2. Go to your state employment commission and file a complaint.
3. File a complaint with the NLRB or the U.S. Dept. of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.
4. Be sure you keep written records of dates, times, circumstances of the unpaid OT.

I use to work for the state employment service in Texas. Failure to pay employees per law/contract/signed agreement resulted in major fines for the employer, back pay and interest for the employee. It tended to get their attention focussed on getting their payrolls correct and timely.

Both IAM and CWA fall under the RLA with the NMB, if we fell under the NLRB we would have closed shop a long time ago.

Two wrongs don't make a right when it comes to this grand larceny situation. Both are wrong but there must be someone in charge to make sure this doesn't happen. Do you check your bank statements every three months. No, we check them daily. There is a budget for Phl I am sure when it comes to additional monies for overtime. There should be a bell that goes off when the station has hit a certain level. Obviously this station needs a more secure way of paying out money other than lost wages. Paper time cards are still the best solution and they should be signed by a manager bi-weekly for them to input all the overtime into the two systems that make up workbrain. This way, the one in "charge" can review all time on the books.

Just because some employees have the title of "manager" doesn't mean they are lilly white when it comes to grand larceny, but as PB states, they are drinking the Kool-Aid and they can do NO WRONG.

Yes let's examine who is ultimately at fault.

1. Who screens the new hires? Management
2. Who determines the entry level pay scales and as a result the talent pool the screen from? Management
3. Whose job is it to monitor, direct and inspect employee performance? Management
4. Whose job is it to ensure that safeguards are in place to prevent theft? Management

Any body see a pattern here?
Yes WorkBrain is indeed used by MANY companies. However how many companies can say that the decision maker was subsequently hired away from US by WorkBrain? Collusion? Kickback? out right Bribery? Doubtful but possible. Well as far as the app goes is it true that the west stations can't get it to work? That's the word I get. Why hasn't IT changed the reset password protocol yet. My understanding is that the thefts can and may still be happening as you read this. Just another example of the scary talent in HP's IT Department.
Well for right now it's 25 to zero and unless and until that changes it looks like another whitewash job to me.
I for one am pretty certain Mr Belden wasn't called first. I do know he has some very good sources inside. Some of them I know as well. So it's a pretty good bet that I know quite a bit about what happens in PHL. I'm very curious as to why Cheryl Roycroft's name keeps popping up in my e-mail. Something about her being in charge and failing to exercise proper oversight? Heard she's after the Big Man's job. Mr. Grantham...watch out! I'll also guarantee that Tom Bel den got a call from Tempe even if only a return call to Spin Tempe's side of the story. Bel den is according to my sources not well liked by US Management. So you can bet they tried to spin spin spin. Spinning so much they should change their name to May tag.
No this latest is just proof positive that the company is in a complete free fall. US even in the darkest days of BK#2, the employees would never do something like this and trust me when I tell you that former Management busted balls daily. This current crop can't screen, hire, monitor and inspect a one car funeral,

Just some background information: US Airways was in Administration when the time and attendance product was chosen and several high level members were decision makers. Ultimately, upon completion of the project Liz J. moved on. The initial sites went live around Feb 2004 in BOS and every US Air airport was live around May/Jun 2004.

On overtime:
1. Unless you clock using the biometric clocks you won't get any unless someone manually enters it
2. the system does not authorize overtime automatically but it does calculate it and an "authorized person i.e. manager/supervisor" approves it. If this is not done it is not paid!
3. There are processes to close payroll, including reports to validate total pay and OT pay versus other pay i.e. shift trade / planned ot and unplanned. Unauthorized time is also checked.
4. PHL was the station where cameras and security guards were posted next to the clocks because they were consistently vandalized i.e. superglued, knived and simply run into with vehicles!

Some of the airlines using Workbrain:

American Airlines
America West Airlines (prior to merger with USAW!)
British Airways
Northwest Airlines
Qantas
SkyWest Airlines
United Airlines
US Airways

The word is that there were one or two managers who sold their passwords to ramp agents to add overtime into the system.

Great leaders in PHL!
Does anybody still remember this? At first I heard everyone had gotten fired who did this. But now I am hearing that Roycroft and cut some deals with certain individuals letting them pay back the money they stole and they still got to keep their jobs. Has anyone else heard this. I heard it from an extremely reliable source. Now mind you, I don't condone what happened, BUT why were some allowed special treatment while others were not. Apparently it was the first bunch of individuals that were caught that was allowed to pay the money back and still keep their jobs. Does anyone else know of anyone that was offered the opportunity to pay back what was taken so they could keep their jobs. If it is true, can the individuals who were fired try to get their jobs back. Can anyone look into this? Tim Nelson - what is your take on this?

Yes let's examine who is ultimately at fault.

1. Who screens the new hires? Management
2. Who determines the entry level pay scales and as a result the talent pool the screen from? Management
3. Whose job is it to monitor, direct and inspect employee performance? Management
4. Whose job is it to ensure that safeguards are in place to prevent theft? Management

Any body see a pattern here?

Oh Pa lease...

So its mgmt's fault for not foreseeing every scenario? Sounds like the audit, or sign-in tracking, or payrole, or keystroke records did its job. So in addition to battling competition, trying to improve productivity, technology and change, managing and motivating there are to be clarvoyant?

Its theft. You tried it. You got caught. Your fired. Mgmt or labor.

Now the union is to defend this? Good, enjoy your monthly dues going to a good cause!

Unions have just become a profitable business with in a business. Like a parasite on a host. They rarely need to be accountable, productive or competitive in their business model. Just blame mgmt without any responsibility or ownership to the health of the business.

Unions by law have to defend its members.

Its the law that you can't fire someone without good cause (except mgmt at-will positions) and expensive. So again its that profitable business within a business collecting dues for what is already a protection.

No its not the law, an employee at will can be fired anytime.

Just Cause only has to be met for workers under a CBA, and it is not the law, a standard that arbitrators follow.

Duty of Fair Representation is the law.

I guess "its the law" takes common sense out of the equation. Don't get me wrong without unions companies just like USAir will exploit large labor groups to their benefit. But foolish protections can be just as damaging. When I bartended in college in the late 80s I got to know a small group of rampers that would come in to the bar mid-afternoon while on the clock. Someone would call them if things got busy and they'd go back and if not someone would clock them out at quiting time. Two I know were fired for it and got their jobs back. One was fired later for another reason and one has since gone on disabilty and has been for years. I still see him playing softball though

.... that would come in to the bar mid-afternoon while on the clock. Someone would call them if things got busy and they'd go back and if not someone would clock them out at quiting time. Two I know were fired for it and got their jobs back. One was fired later for another reason and one has since gone on disabilty and has been for years. I still see him playing softball though
White collar and blue collar non union employees do this too in all professions. I guess they don't all have a clock to punch.

Speaking of punching, what was the outcome of the whole situation that this thread was based on?

This is the outcome:

1-Administration was not doing their job monitering overtime and many active employees have suffered because of this loss overtime was cut back.
2-ROYCROFT was not doing her job but as usual she is the "hero" that nabbed this ring?
3-ROYCROFT was a loser in the past and left with her tail between her legs when she was exposed.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT-------REMEMBER THE "PIG" SHE BOARDED IN FIRST CLASS THAT MADE THE FRONT PAGES OF EVERY NEWSPAPER IN THE COUNTRY?

WELL THE PIG IS BACK IN THE STY AND IS STILL COVERING US WITH MUD !

ANYONE STILL HAVE A COPY OF THE PHILADELPHIA ENQUIRER???

Latest posts