Wall St praises DL's capacity cuts, industry leadership

WorldTraveler

Corn Field
Dec 5, 2003
http://www.thestreet.com/story/13115544/1/delta-stakes-claim-as-airline-industrys-tough-discipline-cop.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Just as Bob Crandall's American (AAL - Get Report) ruled the industry in the 1990s, so Delta rules it today. Most conspicuously, it has taken the lead in seeking recognition as an investment-grade company on par with the top companies in the S&P 500, a metric CEO Richard Anderson referred to constantly during Wednesday's first-quarter earnings call.

Delta has faced analyst concerns that it is adding capacity too quickly. In fact, first quarter domestic capacity was 7% higher than a year earlier, while consolidated capacity was 5% higher. But the aggressive international cuts may pressure American and United to take similar steps

Reactions: 1 person
Um, did you even bother to read this article?  

Three analysts are quoted, one has a buy rating with a $69 target and the other two are seeing Delta as relative to it's peer group and industry as a whole.  One (Keay) even mentions that money may be better elsewhere.  But unless you go to the bottom of page 1 and read page 2, you wouldn't know this from your selective quoting.

Seems like all of Wall Street to me.  NOT!

Reactions: 6 people
I did indeed read it... and they still praised DL's capacity control.

Stocks of the airline industry as a whole is doing well... perhaps you noticed that they did well relative to a sucky market today.

I didn't say anything about analysts saying that DL stock was more highly favored by analysts.

Reactions: 2 people