WalMart, an example of you get what you pay for......

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCFlyer

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
10,833
1,340
www.usaviation.com
[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/13/2002 7:56:50 PM RealityCheck wrote:
[P]I had the priviledge today of having my USAIRWAYS Credit Union Debit Card declined there today, with over a thousand dollars chking account balance and no pending charges. Tried 4 times in a row, AUTH DECLINED.After some minor embarassment and tying up the line behind me, ended up using a regular VISA.[BR]With no one open SUNDAY to call, such as cred union cust svc, I am going to assume that somehow, someway ,WALMART has blacklisted anything to do with a bankrupt company, as I have heard from folks that some retail outlets won't accept checks with US CRED UNION as the bank. This is absurd, but if true you can bet as is often expressed here I will vote with my wallet in the future. Touche/...Not that I shop there much anyway, maybe 3 or 4  times a year if I am desperate, as most WALMARTS are nothing but pig styes with both carts and trash scattered all over the parking lot as well as in the medians of the highway where WALMARTS are located(that is disgusting!), ...crowded aisles, children running amuck, opened packages, and thus not a pleasurable shopping experience. So though they may do well profit wise, they cater to a lower class lower income and most especially, immigrant customer base. Hereto I draw and end my comparison(in general not specific) to off brand airlines in this country and the YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR philosophy.[BR][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]You might also ASSUME that your credit union's computer system was down. You might also ASSUME that the network connections for ALL banks were down. You can ASSUME a bunch. Momma told me something about what happens when you ASSUME. [/P]
[P]And since you are such an infrequent shopper, looking only for the bargains and not shopping there unless there is a sale on something you need, then perhaps they do not offer the same services that they do for their premier customers who routinely pay full retail for their purchases. [/P]
[P]Interesting that you will vote with your wallet. I commend you for that. I, too vote with my wallet and will not give business to any company who charges me a hundred bucks to change plans, or who takes all my money if I cannot make a flight for any reason. [/P]
[P]But you know, as a lowlife, scum of the earth low class Walmart shopper and low cost (Walmart of the skies) flyer, I can take back something, even if I lost the receipt and I'll get my money...ALL my money... back (look ma, no voucher). Funny how Dillards won't give me the time of day without my receipt. And I get to use every dollar I spend on my WalMart airline, even if my plans change. [/P]
[P]It's kind of funny how retail and airlines have a lot of similarities. But you learn something every day, based on your post, I won't be seeing many immigrants on USAirways. They most likely couldn't afford it anyways...and who really needs their dollars, even though they spend just as well as Donald Trumps dollars. [/P]
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
I had the priviledge today of having my USAIRWAYS Credit Union Debit Card declined there today, with over a thousand dollars chking account balance and no pending charges. Tried 4 times in a row, AUTH DECLINED.After some minor embarassment and tying up the line behind me, ended up using a regular VISA.
With no one open SUNDAY to call, such as cred union cust svc, should I assume that somehow, someway ,WALMART has blacklisted anything to do with a bankrupt company, as I have heard from folks that some retail outlets won't accept checks with US CRED UNION as the bank. This is absurd, but if true you can bet as is often expressed here I will vote with my wallet in the future. Touche/...Not that I shop there much anyway, maybe 3 or 4 times a year if I am desperate, as most WALMARTS are nothing but pig styes with both carts and trash scattered all over the parking lot as well as in the medians of the highway where WALMARTS are located(that is disgusting!), ...crowded aisles, children running amuck, opened packages, and thus not a pleasurable shopping experience. So though they may do well profit wise, they cater to a lower class lower income and most especially, immigrant customer base. I should have realized I cannot expect 5 star service at Mc Donalds prices. Hereto I draw and end my comparison(in general not specific) to off brand airlines in this country and the YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR philosophy.
 

AOG-N-IT

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
1,132
1
www.usaviation.com
I think your assumption is wrongly directed. Last night I pulled up to the gas pumps..and swiped my USAFCU Debit Card..I got a readout from the pumps LED Screen saying See Attendant Inside. Without freaking out..without passing hasty judgement. I went to see the attendant inside as instructed too. The Attendant was quick to respond with..Our Data Link is down. In this world of gadgets, things do happen. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that a privatized Credit Union , that is linked to USAirways in pretty much name only is the root of all evil. I have had electronic glitches regarding numerous cards in the past. Knowing for fact that I'm not one to miss payments...or spend more than is in my account. I knew there had to be a logical explaination for this Cyber-Electronic Error The Tech-World is a creation of mankind...and is subject to failures , not everything wrong in our world can be linked back to USAirways. I'm thankful for the balance I do have...and I do hope it continues thanks to our airline. Slow down on passing judgement..until the facts are made clear. This will only create undue panic.
 

TomBascom

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
660
0
3A
www.greenfieldtech.com
RC -- just curious, are you in management?

I ask because it's hard to imagine any other explanation for the amount of effort that you put into avoiding finding anything at all positive to say (or learn) about profitable, low cost businesses that customers actually like. Your descriptions of the customer experience at SWA & WalMart are a laughable parody of the reality that the vast majoriy of their customers see. They do, however, seem to mesh quite nicely with the fantasies that CCY seems so fond of. But even if you are especially astute and able to notice these things that so many others have missed or don't consider important I would think that you would want to take those observations and leverage them as potential differentiators in making your airline (or retail operation) into a stronger competitor rather than using them as excuses for why it just won't work to do things that way.
 
Back in 1982, when Braniff filed Ch.11, places all around the DFW metroplex initially refused to accept or cash Braniff Credit Union checks, assuming that they were one and the same.

I seriously doubt that the people at Walmart care that US Airways is in bankruptcy, and probably know better than anyone that the credit union is safe. In a single day, as a corporation, they probably take in more via credit/debit card receivables than US Airways does in a week.

And, for the record, most of the Walmarts I've been in lately are kept cleaner than an Albertsons or Kroger...
 

Lakeguy67

Advanced
Aug 31, 2002
123
0
www.usaviation.com
[P]US Airways Federal Credit Union is not owned nor managed by US Airways of US Airways Group.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]So it would be wise to research things before you post untruths[/P]
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 9:55:12 PM eolesen wrote:

Back in 1982, when Braniff filed Ch.11, places all around the DFW metroplex initially refused to accept or cash Braniff Credit Union checks, assuming that they were one and the same.

I seriously doubt that the people at Walmart care that US Airways is in bankruptcy, and probably know better than anyone that the credit union is safe. In a single day, as a corporation, they probably take in more via credit/debit card receivables than US Airways does in a week.

And, for the record, most of the Walmarts I've been in lately are kept cleaner than an Albertsons or Kroger...
----------------
[/blockquote]
Why is it that 1 or 2 people have told me certain retails wouldn't accept their USFCU checks? Also, I have seen just the opposite, ALBERTSONS cleaner and more orderly than WALMARTS.
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 10:16:04 PM Lakeguy67 wrote:


US Airways Federal Credit Union is not owned nor managed by US Airways of US Airways Group.[/P]


[/P]


[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]


DUH!......and I admittedly and clearly posted my beliefs as suspicions, not facts(yet).
 

night-ice

Senior
Aug 30, 2002
357
0
I used to work with a credit card processor, and, yes, there are times the networks go down...has your card expired? there have been times my card has been declined, but if the merchant manually enters the digits, it is magically approved...imagine that. a little fyi to everyone: when you see those little signs that say minimum $10 charge for credit card purchases...no exceptions! call your credit card issuer and report them...this is highly illegal, and they can have their credit card privileges stripped from them. The reason they do this is because the merchant is charged a transaction fee everytime a card is scanned...regardless if it is a .05 cent chewing gum, or $1000 in purchases.
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 10:48:43 PM Lakeguy67 wrote:


Reality, you have some issues, if you are an employee just quit, or if you are a consumer dont fly on them. You sound like a bitter jilted lover.[/P]


[/P]


Some retailers dont accept them because there is not local branch in their city.
So it would be wise to research things before you post untruths.
[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]


Sure. Anything you say Sigmund, or is it Dr Phil?
As long as we are practicing psychology, is it ok with your last sentence that I propose you might have control issues?
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 8:33:53 PM AOG-N-IT wrote:

I think your assumption is wrongly directed. Last night I pulled up to the gas pumps..and swiped my USAFCU "Debit Card"..I got a readout from the pumps LED Screen saying "See Attendant Inside". Without freaking out..without passing hasty judgement. I went to see the attendant inside as instructed too. The Attendant was quick to respond with.."Our Data Link" is down. In this world of gadgets, things do happen. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that a "privatized" Credit Union , that is linked to USAirways in pretty much name only is the root of all evil. I have had electronic glitches regarding numerous cards in the past. Knowing for fact that I'm not one to miss payments...or spend more than is in my account. I knew there had to be a logical explaination for this "Cyber-Electronic Error" The "Tech-World is a creation of mankind...and is subject to failures , not everything wrong in our world can be linked back to USAirways. I'm thankful for the balance I do have...and I do hope it continues thanks to our airline. Slow down on passing judgement..until the facts are made clear. This will only create undue panic.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I will get back to you MONDAY with the findings of my research.
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 11:07:22 PM resconcerns wrote:

I had trouble with my PACU credit union debit card last nite at Food Lion. The cashier said the banks atm machines were down and to run it again as a credit and it went through. Anyway, I was surprised to learn that Realitycheck was a bigot. The immigrants which you consider to be low class have to eat and buy clothes to stay warm. And maybe they can only afford WMT instead of Dillards. So maybe you should be thankful that you don't have to shop at WMT very often. It's so very sad.
----------------
[/blockquote]


Here we go again with the misguided Politically Correct misnomered as Bigoted cr@p. The ever famous ONE LINER retort from those whose comments lack substance, thought, reality, or any discussion at all beyond the initial claim. I never said they didn't have a right to shop there. I said because of the type crowd who does(you can check the demographics and statistics, but eyesight is all you need), and the ensuing chaos and disorder and ugliness that exists in these stores, I would prefer not to. Nothing bigoted about that. It is no different than you choosing to not patronize a dirty tavern or any sloppy establishment because you suspect or know drug dealers or troublemakers in general hang out there. So please don't even start a frigging PC war because nobody ever wins.
 

resconcerns

Member
Sep 11, 2002
26
0
I had trouble with my PACU credit union debit card last nite at Food Lion. The cashier said the banks atm machines were down and to run it again as a credit and it went through. Anyway, I was surprised to learn that Realitycheck was a bigot. The immigrants which you consider to be low class have to eat and buy clothes to stay warm. And maybe they can only afford WMT instead of Dillards. So maybe you should be thankful that you don't have to shop at WMT very often. It's so very sad.
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 11:17:25 PM resconcerns wrote:

so sad.......
----------------
[/blockquote]

You need some Kleenex there? Nah you're probably used to it, almost every time you post it ends with ..SO SAD.
 

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
289
0
www.usaviation.com
Odd how the 2 customers card swipes in front of me worked fine and the cashier did not bother to mention to me that they might have had on and off problems that day. I doubt these problems chose to begin at the precise moment that it was my turn to check out. What other logical conclusion should I draw? If I find out it wasn't USFCU fault tomorrow, I suppose I could protest all the way to WALMARTS consumer affairs dept. and maybe get some sort of voucher credit or other comp. for my troubles. After all I have learned from the BEST.
The following paragraph, quoted from above, is another rubber room comment from the peanut gallery which as far as I know has zero applicability to this stores business practice: then perhaps they do not offer the same services that they do for their premier customers who routinely pay full retail for their purchases.

There is not always 100 percent success from emulating low cost profitable businesses. As for Sw and Jet Blue,I would choose not to ride a cattle car, so does MR Preferred ART from ISP, whose opinions I respect more than any other person's on this board . I would choose to fly a carrier with low baggage complaints, F class, advance seating(don't lie and tell me that's not important),high on time performance, a widespread national route system, good safety record, an airline that has agreements for ticketing, baggage,automated and reciprocal Dm awards, and protection on others if needed for cxld flights. These are pluses,and a product worth paying equal to or more for. Similar rationale to why I would pay more to dine at Dc's Watergate Restaurant over the Quality Inn Diner as the chances for a superb meal and better service are higher at the Watergate.. I can't speak for others, but I would assume MOST FOLKS do not choose their shopping outlets based on their receiptless cash refund policy versus store credit policy for returns.

In most competitive markets with either Sat night stays or 1 day min stays,the products are equally priced.If you stick to your flight plans(at least 3/4 do, majority rules), the full service airline most often excels.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.