Western Pacific

----------------
On 8/26/2002 4:10:55 PM mach none wrote:

Anyone out there are where did you end up?

----------------​

I am out here. I was there when the WP doors opened, bailed before they closed. Still chugging around out here. Drop me a note and I''ll fill you in on the ones I know of. Take care.

----------------
On 4/15/2003 10:10:27 AM ITRADE wrote:

What was the rationale for leaving COS? From what I remembered from press accounts, folks were driving in droves to COS to take WP.

----------------​

The same reason that HP just had to acquire 747s and fly to Hawai'i and Japan...
Ed Beauvais isn't content building a small airline into a successful operation. He has dreams of grandeur.

He probably could have kept it in COS and sold out to Herb in a couple more years for a tidy sum, a la Morris. But no...

----------------
On 4/15/2003 10:19:09 AM mga707 wrote:

The same reason that HP just had to acquire 747s and fly to Hawai''i and Japan...
Ed Beauvais isn''t content building a small airline into a successful operation. He has dreams of grandeur.

He probably could have kept it in COS and sold out to Herb in a couple more years for a tidy sum, a la Morris. But no...

----------------

Naw... I don''t think Ed would have sold out to Herb...not after the 60 minutes spot several years ago (Herb and his Airline) where Ed said that Southwest was trying to put America West out of business. Herb''s response was pretty classic...he pretty much said We weren''t trying to put them out of business. If we were, we would have.​

----------------
On 4/15/2003 10:10:27 AM ITRADE wrote:

What was the rationale for leaving COS? From what I remembered from press accounts, folks were driving in droves to COS to take WP.

----------------​

Without insider knowledge, I imagine it had something to do with Frontier.

1) DEN people learned that Frontier was flying at a reasonable price to the same places WestPac was. I.e. no need to drive to COS for a deal.
2) WestPac and Frontier were supposed to merge and at one point were code-sharing on each other... and it made more sense to end up at DEN rather than COS.

Although, the visions of granduer thing may have some merit

Hello fellow WP

It has been a long time but I have not forgot.

I would like to get in contact with any WP employees that would be interested in donating or loaning I repeat loaning some of their old memorabilia for a museum that is actually opening in COS in December. I am in need of any Pictures, Posters, Uniform pieces, In-Flight magazines. Absolutely anything with WP on it. Old safety briefing cards. I need WP wings with name tag for F/A, gate agent, Pilot wings not the cloth but actual wings. You 100 guys know what Im talking about.

Hey does anybody have an old bottle of SkyBrew? YEaaahhhh that brings back the memories dont it? well I need it.

LOL I guarantee that the WP display will be a tear jerkin reunion to anyone that will see it in COS. Please email me!
Thanks in advance,
Doug Mueller

Any WP people, did you know Ed is starting a new "discount" airline in Pittsburgh....I worked in PHX and ATL for Ed and WP....

Jason

Ed can be absolutely blamed for the demise. If they had not gone public when they did and ride the IPO hype of Valujet back then, they would have been shut down in outside of 1 year. Lot of things were hidden because it was a private company. People in PIT....OPEN YOUR EYES and glue your wallets shut!