Whadda ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[P][FONT size=1]Well, seeing as I''ve been Reshuffled under the One Station agreement and ended up at La Guardia, it''s only fitting I have a screen name that reflects that.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]Now, where did I put the Alleve and my knee pads? I''m going to need both![/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1][/FONT] [/P]
[P][FONT size=1]I see Super 80''s...they''re everywhere![/FONT][/P]

[BR][BR]Buck, I'm the artist formerly known as JFK Fleet Service
T head count is from all deparments, Air Freight, Cabin Service as well as Line Cargo.[BR][BR]It would appear junior people at JFK, LGA and EWR have gotten the street.

Could you elaborate on this? Where were you and how did you get to your new station, was there a layoff? Are you in Fleet Service?

[P]JFK/LGA Fleet Service,[/P]
[P]No matter what your station, you are still the same positive minded, intelligent and thoughtful person you have always been on these several boards. I have always enjoyed your point of view, upbeat attitude and ability to see the big picture. I have learned much from you, not only about the operation of the airline and union issues, but about being a bigger and better person. Don't ever underestimate the positive influence that you are. You also have my appreciation and special thanks for your great sense of humor![/P]
[P]m[STRONG]AA[/STRONG]rky[/P]

LGA FSC,

Do you think that your tour in LGA will be short or long term?

The reason I'm asking is that the terminal expansion construction at JFK is under way. Upon completion, and an improvement in the economic situation, things should realy pop at JFK.

Good Luck with the commute, the V.W. between the two airports always seems to be at a near standstill.

LGA Fleet Service:

Just a heads up, we had a vendor at TUL last week that was selling a baggage conveyor for at least the AFT cargo of the MD-80. I am not positive but I believe it is going to be purchased.

[P][FONT size=1]Thanks mAArky, all I really want is for American to weather the storm and enable us to get ALL of our people back to work.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]We've got a tough row to hoe (Pretty good for a city boy huh ?), but I think we'll be on an even keel soon enough.[/FONT][/P]
[P] [/P]
[P][FONT size=1]Boomer, I don't know how long I'll be Deployed to La Guardia, but hopefully it wont be an extended stay.Although from what I've heard, people tend to stay there when their transfer back 'home' comes through.I'll take it one day at a time.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]The biggest adjustment for me will be going to an all narrowbody work environment.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]35 of LGA's 56 daily departures are Super 80's, rounded out by 9 757's, 9 F100's and 3 737's.[/FONT][/P]
[P][FONT size=1]Looks like my chiropractor is going to be sending me a Christmas card this year! [/FONT][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif'] [/P]

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/7/2002 3:38:49 AM bagsmasher wrote: [BR][BR]Of the 53 laid off from JFK, how many went to LGA? Did you bump Dogfart out? I thought he said he was at LGA. The part timers seem to be increasing, while full timers are getting laid off.[BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR][FONT size=1]There are 25 F/T'ers going to LGA, and an unknown number going to EWR.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Last I heard JFK was losing the 53 F/T'ers and gaining in the neighborhood of 30+ P/T'ers.Those P/T'ers are more than likely going to be the people from LGA and EWR that got broken.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]I have no idea which station Dog is at, with his time he won't be affected either way.Doesn't matter to me, F/T on the line is F/T on the line.Just have to get used to nothing but freeloads.[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Although I am not all that upset about not having to deal with those miserable Iberia 747's anymore.God those things are awful! Lord knows how they jam 400 plus on those things.I kid you not, IB 6250 came in with 408 pax this afternoon! 408!!! No room in coach...or anywhere else for that matter![/FONT]
BLOCKQUOTE]

Of the 53 laid off from JFK, how many went to LGA? Did you bump Dogfart out? I thought he said he was at LGA. The part timers seem to be increasing, while full timers are getting laid off.

LGa Fleet Service;
I spent 4 years at LGA. Its not that bad. The worst thing about it is the parking lot. If you have an old wreck you can park across the Pkwy and save some time. You get a great veiw of Manhattan. A nice show on the 4th and the old hangars give it a real nostalgic aura. You can easily visualize old DC-3s in the hangar. Good luck!

It could be that he would not be working on the fourth of July, as he might have to job share to prevent a layoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.