What Airline Will Get Mda Airplanes?

boeing787

Senior
Jan 25, 2004
Assuming MDA gets sold (and maybe it won't) what affliliate would get the planes? Mesa, CHQ anyone want to guess. Also how many jets is MDA suppossed to have?

A pure guess would be Mesa (or one of their alter egos). Firm orders for 85 170's (convertable to 175's). Don't recall if there are options above that.

Jim

Chautauqua gets some of the EMB-170s J4J 50-50 and Mesa gets PSA and its CRJ-200s/700s. The unknown...Allegheny/Piedmont and who will end up with this business entity.

The Express moves will eliminate one big M&A scope issue.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

With 170 ordered, MAA is suppose to get 85 by end of 2006; 39 by year'send. MESA is to get 85.

Four already in PIT.

The four aircraft in PIT are MAA aircraft. There are several pilots from Chataque/Republic going through the MAA ground school as we speak. Republic will be taking delivery of 17 ERJ-170 aircraft in United Express colors.

If MAA is sold, my guess is Republic/Wexford Mgmnt will aquire the aircraft. I agree with USA320Pilot in regard to PSA. They will if sold, go to Mesa. I see little chance that the one commuter U group owns which is operating a synergistic fleet, won't end up owned in some way by Mesa Air Group.

I also find it interesting that the same week PDT/ALG were told to merge, we are MAA were given PDT employee #'s, assigned to SSO, and lumped in with the same benefit providers as PDT. What are the chances that MAA with 40-80+ ERJ's and whatever is left of the Dash fleet after the merger are the IPO everyone keeps speaking of? The combined fleet would be 100-150 aircraft in the 37-75 seat class. That is a Mesa sized airline.

Just food for thought. Who knows what might come of it all. One thing is for certain, changes, big, big changes are coming and will probably come sooner than anyone expects.

:ph34r:

Is there a requirement that they WOs be sold to any of the entities listed? Could someone else not currently associated with U buy in? Would it be legal to hold a "private sale" where U could control who the buyer is?

Anyone with the $$ could buy any of it. Of coarse U could choose not to sell it to anyone they aren't currently in bed with in the interest of not feeding competition.

Mesa doesn't have enough cash to buy PSA. They could hardly get the money for the RJ's they just ordered. It doesn't help USAir out if they offer a stock swap.

PineyBob said:
If US & UA (or NW) merge what you get is a bigger turdpile that would take years to integrate and cash to burn while the loses piled up as a result of the merger snafu's and labor wrangling.
AMEN

Better change of a comet hitting us and ending the misery. :p

Mesa doesn't have money? Where have you been? They just sold another 100 million in common stock. Before that, they had the finances to buy ACA which is three times the size of PSA in just airframes.

The reason the aircraft financing was delayed, was due to Mesa being in bed with three of the most inept carriers in the business, United, USAirways, and America West.....

I am betting J.O. and the boys at Mesa have a much larger chunk of USAirways than just PSA before the fat lady sings.

:shock:

Back