What is Doug facing?

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
They started a campaign here called "Expect the Max." Below is just a few scenarios that our CEO could expect. Not definite, but likely.

First Impaired or BAC above .080

JAIL: 10 consecutive days in jail. The court may suspend 9 of the 10 days if you agree to get an alcohol and/or drug evaluation, and submit to treatment.

FINE & COSTS: $250.00 fine, plus a surcharge. (Plus an additional $500.00 assessment for arrests after March 13, 2004).

LICENSE: The MVD will suspend your drivers' license for 90 days.

COUNSELING: If recommended in your evaluation and you want the Judge to suspend all but one day in jail.

PROBATION: You may be placed on probation for up to five years.

IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE: This is the only DUI conviction scenario which does not require a functioning Interlock Device to be installed in your vehicle.

Second Impaired or BAC above .080

JAIL: 90 days in jail. The Court may suspend 60 of the 90 days if you agree to get an alcohol and/or drug evaluation, and submit to treatment.

FINE & COSTS: $500.00 fine, plus a surcharge, plus an additional $250.00 assessment to the Arizona DUI abatement fund. (Plus an additional $1250.00 assessment for arrests after March 13, 2004).

LICENSE: Your drivers' license will be revoked for one year.

COUNSELING: If recommended in your evaluation and you want the Judge to suspend all but 30 days in jail.

PROBATION: You may be placed on probation for up to five years.

IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE: You will be required to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed on your vehicle.

----------

So what did Doug get as a sentence in 1991?

"The Arizona Republic reported Friday that after Parker was arrested by Dallas police in January 1991 on suspicion of drunken driving, he pleaded guilty to the misdemeanor charge of DUI and was given a probated sentence of 30 days in jail, two years probation and a $250 fine."

Looks like he'll need to rent a place within walking distance to work, or hire a driver full time for 3 months.

I wonder if they'll give him any time in jail....

The fine is peanuts, as is the probation.

I looked at those last night. As I recall, prior misdemeanor DUI's only count if they're within the last 5 years. That seems to let him off the hook even if out-of-state offenses count.

There is one potential wrinkle - prior felony DUI's count although I don't know if out-of-state counts here either. Doug admitted to two prior DUI/DWI "mishaps" but only said that one was a misdemeanor. Was the other a felony DUI or was it dismissed?

Jim

Looks like he'll need to rent a place within walking distance to work, or hire a driver full time for 3 months.

It is my understanding of the AZ MvV Laws, that he WILL be required to spend one day/night in jail.

I Also thought this was an interesting article....
http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070212/26613_id.html?.v=1

There is one potential wrinkle - prior felony DUI's count although I don't know if out-of-state counts here either. Doug admitted to two prior DUI/DWI "mishaps" but only said that one was a misdemeanor. Was the other a felony DUI or was it dismissed?

Jim

At one point in time, prior to the days of MADD and other interested parties, I believe that some DUI's could be dealt with as "administrative", assuming no actual injuries or damage occurred. The incidents in question could fall into that catagory.

At one point in time, prior to the days of MADD and other interested parties, I believe that some DUI's could be dealt with as "administrative", assuming no actual injuries or damage occurred. The incidents in question could fall into that catagory.
Or the AZ judicial system could elect to make an example of him.....maybe he will be eating the green bologna Sherriff Joe serves...

I suppose a full time driver for 90 days will be under "USAirways expense".

He might be able to ride a moped to work - in some states, DUI convicts are permitted to ride mopeds (where drivers licenses are not required to drive mopeds).

Texas had/has very weak enforcement of DUI statutes which would explain the probated sentence.

Based on what I read Mr Parker is looking at one night in jail. I don't care how "Nice" the facility is, it's still jail and it will most assuredly be a humbling experience.
He will not be in with the General Population. He most likely will serve his night on a weekend within a specific time allotment, so basically he gets to choose the date from about 6-10 choices. But like you said, its still Jail.

Perhaps relocating the OCC to Tempe along with a few hundred jobs along with a few SA1's ought to do the trick!! Save the state and local gov millions in incentives!!! Call it even?????? :lol: B) :) :D

Perhaps relocating the OCC to Tempe along with a few hundred jobs along with a few SA1's ought to do the trick!! Save the state and local gov millions in incentives!!! Call it even?????? :lol: B) :) :D
Hah, no.. he'l be like "Fscking AG.. gave me 30 days.. I'll show them.. NC it is!"

Just kidding.. posted that to be humorous -_-