Doogie gets arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
l4pi says: After reading this unfortunate article again this morning I am concerned that the press and law enforcement are out to vilify Mr. Parker. They have continually misquoted him on and off the record. It is obvious that Mr. Parker was misunderstood by the Scottsdale policeman. Why does it appear there is an ongoing problem not understanding Mr. Parker when he speaks?

From the above article….

Parker told the arresting officer he had "three beers" within the past two hours at the Birds Nest and that he thought the speed limit was only 40 mph on Pima Road.

His speech was slurred, his eyes watery and he smelled like alcohol, according to the police report.

The CEO refused a portable Breathalyzer test, opting for a blood test after speaking to an attorney friend also in the BMW that night. Lab results showed his blood-alcohol content at 0.096 percent, above the legal limit of 0.08 percent.

If Parker had three 12-ounce regular beers in two hours, he would not have been close to the legal limit given his weight, according to online blood-alcohol content estimators.

Although many factors can influence the outcome, it would take about seven or eight 12-ounce beers in that time span to reach the blood-alcohol level the test results indicated.

Regards,

l4pi

l4pi says: After reading this unfortunate article again this morning I am concerned that the press and law enforcement are out to vilify Mr. Parker. They have continually misquoted him on and off the record. It is obvious that Mr. Parker was misunderstood by the Scottsdale policeman. Why does it appear there is an ongoing problem not understanding Mr. Parker when he speaks?
Regards,

l4pi
I bet you always wanted to be a cheerleader , but weren't good enough to make the squad! Disappoinments are part of LIFE!

I'm not surprised that several threads about DP's DUI take a hard edged response. What else to expect in talk-show America where avarice, anger, shirking, & finger pointing have become a part of the public persona for a long time now. Kind of reminds me of Salem MA a few centuries ago.

It is indeed an embarrassment for the company, but only a passing one. Mr. Parker has landed himself in an unfortunate situation. But whatever happens is his to own alone.

It is however interesting to visit the Police Notebook Website and plug in some numbers. This stuff is an inexact science, but it does appear that he has more to drink than he admits. But was his response atypical of someone who gets pulled over?

To put things in perspective, keep in mind that not too many years ago, the legal limit in most states was 0.1% . The move to make 0.08% a national limit is a relatively recent phenomenon. This is turn is brought about by millions of folks who don't know their limit, or who refuse to take a cab and stay off the roads. Some of those folks also post in this forum.

So I'm not gonna point any fingers at anyone. Life is gonna move on and so too will DP. But it is a worthwhile thought to consider how anyone in his shoes might feel or respond.

Barry

The story doesn't end there...

Reporter's blog: Parker's letter to employees.
Dawn Gilbertson The Arizona Republic

l4pi says: For those of you who would like to support Mr. Parker (or otherwise), Ms. Gilbertson has a blog running on this link. What better vehicle to support your CEO than directly to the readers of PHX's largest newspaper.

And NO, I'm not Tom. I have no personal chip on my shoulder regarding this issue.

See Blog

Regards,

l4pi

Oh please! Don't you have anything better to do at Delta than to keep this stuff stirred up?! A daily update?!
You need some anger management and/or a shrink.
It is over, past, finished...- move on.

Amazing how many pilots and FAs are brainwashed and drink the koolaide.

Status
Not open for further replies.