What is the all in pay scale for a Topped Out Mech/Inspectors at AA?

Just Another BK

Advanced
Jul 19, 2008
Hi all trying to get actual wage rates from Major Airlines as of this date and when CBA's are amendable For Topped Out Mechanics/Inspectors.

Here's a chart prepared by the IBT:

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/USAir_WageRateComparison-Sept28.pdf

I'll caution you that it's rife with errors and mis-characterizations, so I wouldn't rely on it. However, the consensus on this forum is that facts don't really matter, so it's close enough. :D

Suffice it to say that AA and US mechanics are at the bottom. Until the AA mechanics and related rid themselves of the worthless union, it's practically a given that their pay will remain at the bottom.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's a chart prepared by the IBT:

http://www.teamster....ison-Sept28.pdf

I'll caution you that it's rife with errors and mis-characterizations, so I wouldn't rely on it. However, the consensus on this forum is that facts don't really matter, so it's close enough. :D

Suffice it to say that AA and US mechanics are at the bottom. Until the AA mechanics and related rid themselves of the worthless union, it's practically a given that their pay will remain at the bottom.

Maybe I missed something but did Alaska Airlines ever declare bankruptcy?
B) xUT

Maybe I missed something but did Alaska Airlines ever declare bankruptcy?
B) xUT

That's one of the errors in this piece I pointed out several days ago, along with the erroneous assertion that jetBlue had previously filed for Ch 11.

If the IBT can't proofread and correct such easy errors, I have little confidence in the accuracy of any of the financial data in the chart.

Reactions: 2 people
That's one of the errors in this piece I pointed out several days ago, along with the erroneous assertion that jetBlue had previously filed for Ch 11.

If the IBT can't proofread and correct such easy errors, I have little confidence in the accuracy of any of the financial data in the chart.
Thanks, it was probably proof read by the twu.
Makes perfect non-sense... :p

Reactions: 1 person
base pay is 28.02 top out for all plus 5.00 for both tickets (A&P) line .55 cent prem. shift differential .01 cent /.02 cents midnights extra .50 cents then cc and insp. tack on a $1.75 less than what we made 11 years ago as only base pay plus licenses

http://www.twubkfacts.org/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=bAbXKYu6_RI%3d&tabid=2106

go to aa.twu.org right hand side upper has everyones contract they are so proud

base pay is 28.02 top out for all plus 5.00 for both tickets (A&P) line .55 cent prem. shift differential .01 cent /.02 cents midnights extra .50 cents then cc and insp. tack on a $1.75 less than what we made 11 years ago as only base pay plus licenses

Gawd that is pathetic.. To think you pay union dues for those substandard wages. I pay no union dues make 49.25 all inclusive and about to get another 3.5% this month as well as a summer bonus which is usually between 5 to 7k. Yeah I really miss those industrial unions NOT! ..It just amazes me that there are still twu supporters..But we had it too at NWA we had MSP like you have TULE they would always throw the vote til MSP got sick of getting the shaft from the Iam...And they (IAM) don't hold a candle to how the Twu screws you guys..OMG what is it going to take for you guys to wake up!!!

Reactions: 3 people
In August of 2012 the base Rate at AA was $27.20, putting AA below the US Rate but since I guess the person making this chart wants to tell a different story he put out the current AA rate even though he clearly states the rates are from August 2012. I believe both WN and UPS received raises in August as well but the graph does not reflect that.
Delta also received a raise in 2012.
Even with the Sept raise received by AA mechanics they are still at the bottom when you factor in Holidays, vacation, sick time and work rules.
Those at the top are further away from those at the bottom than this chart indicates.
The chart is useless and misleading. Yes the IAM did a bad job at US but the TWU did even worse at AA.

Reactions: 4 people
your right Thomas I put out what we are currently making, sorry its was late and I was just thinking what we make currently. I forgot about that BIG raise. Yes base was 27.20 when we went into bk

Ok here is what 10 year US All In makes with the July1st rates without contract or what is being proposed (my estimates), then Sept 3% increase.
Base, Shop, Line July 1st 34.51
Lead Mech 35.51
Inspector 35.80

New Proposed IAM CBA
Base, Shop, Line 36.46
Lead Mech 37.46
Inspector 38.28

Sept 1st 3%
Base, Shop, Line 37.40
Lead Mech 38.40
Inspector 39.02

(proposed totals= base rates+1.00 LD Pay or 5% of base for Inspectors+4.50 LP+ .58 3rd shift) no longevity or line premium.
The $37.40 would be .10 less than UAL.

Ok here is what 10 year US All In makes with the July1st rates without contract or what is being proposed (my estimates), then Sept 3% increase.
Base, Shop, Line July 1st 34.51
Lead Mech 35.51
Inspector 35.80

New Proposed IAM CBA
Base, Shop, Line 36.46
Lead Mech 37.46
Inspector 38.28

Sept 1st 3%
Base, Shop, Line 37.40
Lead Mech 38.40
Inspector 39.02

(proposed totals= base rates+1.00 LD Pay or 5% of base for Inspectors+4.50 LP+ .58 3rd shift) no longevity or line premium.
The $37.40 would be .10 less than UAL.

Whatever happened to leapfrogging?

Pretty pathetic, they are raking in profits and you guys are asking for crumbs. UAL is in negotiations and you are asking for 10 cents LESS than what they are making now?

So the mighty IAM is begging like Oliver Twist in 2013 for a wage thats what we were making in 2003.

Whatever happened to leapfrogging?

Pretty pathetic, they are raking in profits and you guys are asking for crumbs. UAL is in negotiations and you are asking for 10 cents LESS than what they are making now?

So the mighty IAM is begging like Oliver Twist in 2013 for a wage thats what we were making in 2003.
Why would you think UAL Mechanics are going to get more money? Last I read UAL is losing money ! I can see CTL moving up to their payscales and moving from there with a combined CBA.

Why would you think UAL Mechanics are going to get more money? Last I read UAL is losing money ! I can see CTL moving up to their payscales and moving from there with a combined CBA.

Are you sure you're not a TWU international negotiator? Probably best you just sit back on this one, and let the guys that still have some self respect left - do the negotiating.