What is up with the A330

There are airbii crashes attributed to parts and software also.

Guess you forgot about the AA A300 that crashed after takeoff at JFK.

The A320 Demonstration flight and others.

And Dave Supplee a US Airways Mechanic, the IAM Flight Safety Rep was involved with the NTSB, the only union member who works with the NTSB also provided it was the rudder actuators was at fault.

So dont tooting ALPA's horn when it was Mechanics and Engineers who proved it, not pilots.

there's a book about the FLIGHT 427 Crash and towards the end, it says that 2 mechanics and a Boeing engineer found that the acutators had been the cause of the crash of flight 427 and possible the UAL flt in Colorado Springs in 1991

Dave Supplee and Olin Anthony. Both US Airways Mechanice, Olin is now retired.

Just like the first A320 crashed because the computer overuled the pilot's command.

What about the AA A300 where the rudder cracked and fell off leaving JFK crashing.

A boeing statisically is more reliable than an airbus.

The Airbus crashed because the test pilot assumed the autothrust would save him... alas he was flying at 50' AGL... where the autothrust is inhibited so's you can land! He must have crapped his pants when he re-remembered that the auto thrust would not re-engage. He also spent time in the brig.

Actually, can someone in PHL maintenance answer the question? Other than it being an inferior airplane, why is the A330 always flying around with INOP cabin items? Is it PHX and their inept management? Are you guys slowing down due to contract negotiations? (btw, no judgement here, just want to understand), did PHX wreck this plane's wiring because of the re-hab? I get that they aren't fixing anything on the 767 because of the impending re-fit, but the 330's are flying duct tape and problems.

It's a wonder customers don't get nervous on US planes with so many items inop.

The Airbus crashed because the test pilot assumed the autothrust would save him... alas he was flying at 50' AGL... where the autothrust is inhibited so's you can land! He must have crapped his pants when he re-remembered that the auto thrust would not re-engage. He also spent time in the brig.

Come on. Don't try to dissuade a stock clerk from weighing in with his multitude of operational experience flying the A320 with the facts of that crash. Why would you take the wind out of the sails of a stock clerk who obviously got to that lofty position by knowing every little thing about every airliner every made, and then (in his spare time) is a world expert at labor law, in particular RLA and pilot contracts in general.

Go read the report I did, and there was fraud involved in the crash investigation, it was proven that the black boxes were switched out to convict the pilot and absolve airbus.

Don't let the facts get in your way!

Stock Clerk, get your facts straight.

So is that the only position you held at US Airways? If so, then why would a stock clerk have used the screen name of "Lavman" for many years on this very website? For that matter, since you no longer are employed here, wouldn't "Twinkie Baking Technician" be a more appropriate alter ego, in recognition of your new career?

Go read the report I did, and there was fraud involved in the crash investigation, it was proven that the black boxes were switched out to convict the pilot and absolve airbus.

Actually, you didn't read the Accident Report (I did), you read one of the wannabe websites and bought into their theories. Aside from your ignorant posturing about how the systems and "computer" on the A320 operate, your idiotic theory is blown away by the CVR (cockpit voice recorder for those readers lacking your extensive turbojet operating experience).

Here is the transcript:

12.45:04.7 [GONG!] - GPWS cut off
12.45:05.7 Radio altimeter [Two hundred]
12.45.11 Co-pilot P.....G.....! (name of flight safety officer)
12.45:11.4 Radio altimeter [Two hundred]
12.45.12 Co-pilot G.. is going to ...eh!
12.45:14 Co-pilot OK, you're at 100ft there, watch, watch
12.45:13 Radio altimeter [One hundred]
12.45:19.1 Radio altimeter [Forty]
12.45:23.6 Radio altimeter [Fifty]
12.45:26 Captain OK ,I'm OK there, disconnect autothrottle
12.45:27.5 Radio altimeter [Forty]
12.45:32 Co-pilot Watch out for those pylons ahaead, eh. See them?
12.45:33 Co-pilot Yeah, yeah, don't worry.
12.45:34.5 [Clack! Clack! Clack!] - power lever detents
12.45:35.3 Radio altimeter [Thirty]
12.45:36.2 Radio altimeter [Thirty]
12.45:37 Co-pilot TOGA/SRS
12.45:38.3 Radio altimeter [Thirty]
12.45:39 Captain Go around track
12.45:39.9 Captain Sh...!
12.45:41.5 END OF TAPE

You will note that the Captain's tale about holding 100 feet doesn't hold water. Additionally, the F/O called 100 ft. and added, "Watch, Watch," an obvious abbreviation under the circumstances for "Watch your altitude!" This would further confirm that the aircraft was continuing to descend.

To put this in terms you can understand, just imagine that if a baker at the Twinkie factory saw another baker allowing a pan to overheat, he might say "Watch, Watch," meaning that the responsible baker should recognize the situation and take corrective action. This might entail turning down the oven temperature by means of the technologically advanced "baking temp control knob," or else removing the pan from the oven entirely.

Unfortunately, the Captain did not remain above 100 feet. This prompted the autothrottle mode change which is normal and expected, but which the Captain missed during his showing off for the unauthorized suits who were jamming the cockpit (including some in a standing position). In his confusion, he pointlessly called for "autothrottle disconnect," (all he had to do was advance the levers to TOGA or MCT and the empty a/c would have climbed like a bat out of hell) but didn't advance the power levers for another 8 seconds.

You'll also note that the timing of the "clacks" from the power lever movement came just six seconds before impact. Since the Captain had allowed the engines to unspool (can you spell unsafe?), it did not leave enough time for spool up and an escape maneuver. This also shoots down the b.s. you threw out about the engines not responding to a thrust command that supposedly came early enough to save the day. The engines were spooling up just fine when the a/c hit the trees (This event roughly corresponds to the statement "Sh...!" on the recording).

As is the case with all fleet types, every Airbus pilot is fully briefed on this and other accidents in Initial Training, with particuliar emphasis on autothrust modes and management. Since you have such a wealth of knowledge to share on this subject, however, I would like to facilitate your appearance as a guest lecturer at future Initial and Recurrent Training classes. Please let us know your schedule down at the plant so we can get started. Thank you.

Since you have been spamming this board with your thoughts on various issues today, I am left wondering why you have not been able to find time to read and respond to the above two posts. Surely the world awaits your expert opinion.

Actually, can someone in PHL maintenance answer the question? Other than it being an inferior airplane, why is the A330 always flying around with INOP cabin items? Is it PHX and their inept management? Are you guys slowing down due to contract negotiations? (btw, no judgement here, just want to understand), did PHX wreck this plane's wiring because of the re-hab? I get that they aren't fixing anything on the 767 because of the impending re-fit, but the 330's are flying duct tape and problems.

It's a wonder customers don't get nervous on US planes with so many items inop.
Hey Princess, do you fix anything and everything in your vehicle the second it breaks? Give MTC a chance. They don't look at the entire plane everyday like most people think.

Actually, I do. It came from having an engine burn out because I got bad advice and waited. Now I just nod my head at the mechanics and say okay. That said, this was not a disparagement of our mechanics. I just want to understand why it happens. I realize that cabin items are minor to you guys, but I am the person who ends up apologizing for them, and when I am doing a lot of apologizing, well I start to look stupid, and thanks, I can do that all by myself, I don't need US's help.

It sounds like it's parts? Pretty sad, the 330 flys primarily out of Philly, why aren't the parts there?

Actually, I do. It came from having an engine burn out because I got bad advice and waited. Now I just nod my head at the mechanics and say okay. That said, this was not a disparagement of our mechanics. I just want to understand why it happens. I realize that cabin items are minor to you guys, but I am the person who ends up apologizing for them, and when I am doing a lot of apologizing, well I start to look stupid, and thanks, I can do that all by myself, I don't need US's help.

It sounds like it's parts? Pretty sad, the 330 flys primarily out of Philly, why aren't the parts there?

PHL might not be having that MUCH issues w/ A330 parts but CLT sure does w/ it's daily LGW & FRA Operation.

Latest posts