What Will The Flight Schedule Look Like In Sept?

Reservation Agent said:
To continue to reduce capacity with reports that passenger levels are now back to pre-911 levels is baffling....
Simply looking at passenger levels is very misleading. You need to focus on where those passengers are coming from and going to. I don't have the stats in front of me, but I'm willing to bet PIT-PHL O&D passenger levels are not back to pre-911 levels. I'm willing to bet PIT-ERI O&D passenger levels are not back to pre-911 levels. Etc. However, I'm willing to bet PHL-SFO, BOS-MCO, PHL-LGW, etc. levels are back to pre-911 levels. US is finally getting out of the almost all connecting business and finally focusing on flying routes the majority of customers want. To do this, using RJs for more point to point service to many cities makes total sense, especially if US increases frequencies for business travelers.

I don't have a copy of the contract at home to look at, but if my memory is working correctly (and it often doesn't :eek: ) mainline express can also work more than the alloted 2 mainflights a day on a seasonal basis....up to 4 flights a day, I think. Basically, being mainline express station means you can still work mainline flights....you just earn less doing it.

RedOne said:
I don't have a copy of the contract at home to look at, but if my memory is working correctly (and it often doesn't :eek: ) mainline express can also work more than the alloted 2 mainflights a day on a seasonal basis....up to 4 flights a day, I think. Basically, being mainline express station means you can still work mainline flights....you just earn less doing it.
we were originally told by usair "officials" (if you want to call them that) that the mainline express would be able to work 2 mainline jets only or less but only at the express wages unless they told other cities different that is what we were told i dont know for sure

USFlyer said:
However, I'm willing to bet PHL-SFO, BOS-MCO, PHL-LGW, etc. levels are back to pre-911 levels. US is finally getting out of the almost all connecting business and finally focusing on flying routes the majority of customers want. To do this, using RJs for more point to point service to many cities makes total sense, especially if US increases frequencies for business travelers.
I'd be surprised if anything out of BOS (for US) comes close to pre- 9/11 levels. At that time I think US still had a lot of nonstops from BOS, but there's not much now, and none at all to FL. BOS is a very quiet place compared to the old days.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I meant total passengers going from, for example, BOS to MCO on ALL carriers I'm sure is back to pre-9/11 levels. It's a different story entirely if US has the right flying in place to take advantage of it.

deltawatch said:
When Piedmont was matching PeopleExpress fares years ago, both airlines ran 10 to 12 flights a day ORF-EWR. And Piedmomt ran another 6 to LGA. If the fare is right the markets there.
Well, sure. If you price RTs at $20, you'll fill the planes quickly. But this is where the other half of US's equation breaks down. Unless the costs come down to support the reduced fares, it'll become a game of losing money on every passenger and trying to make it up in volume.

Fares at PE in EWR back then were about like LCC's today. They got down to $37.00 rt for a while in the heat of battle but averaged more like $79.00 rt.

That’s how the going forward plan is suppose to work isn't it? Cut cost, lower fares, and increase passengers.

Present market statistics are out the window when you apply LCC fares. Markets explode.