Us Airways Previews Pittsburgh Fall Schedule

Midwest Connect Adds Milwaukee-Pittsburgh Frequency
Thursday July 22, 12:53 pm ET

MILWAUKEE, July 22 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Midwest Connect today announced it will expand its Milwaukee-Pittsburgh service with the addition of a roundtrip flight six days each week beginning September 8. With the added frequency, the airline will provide three roundtrip flights each weekday.
The new service offers a midday flight eastbound and a mid-afternoon flight westbound. Flights will be aboard Midwest Connect's quick and comfortable Fairchild 328JET regional jets, featuring 32 reclining leather seats, and the widest and tallest passenger cabin in their class.

Hope777 said:
I still think PIT-DEN will be eliminated. How many people originate in PIT to DEN?
517 O&D daily to Denver according to DOT data. Given UA's new coverage and the fact they offer connections I'd give US PIT-DEN 50/50 chance to remain.

As per the city's appeal to singles, I'd agree it's not the greatest. But plenty of familes and couples here and guess what, we fly too :)

pitflyer said:
517 O&D daily to Denver according to DOT data. Given UA's new coverage and the fact they offer connections I'd give US PIT-DEN 50/50 chance to remain.

As per the city's appeal to singles, I'd agree it's not the greatest. But plenty of familes and couples here and guess what, we fly too :)
i'd say that UA-US would operate 2xDEN each from Pittsburgh come this fall.

gso2pit said:
i'd say that UA-US would operate 2xDEN each from Pittsburgh come this fall.
Isn't it true that they can't codeshare on these flights, according to DOT's approval of the codeshare.....or was that a merger related potential restriction?

I guess the DOT would continue to require these restrictions, even when PIT is just a focus city.

So, flyers can still get ff benefits but no code share, I guess.

According to what I read, now that both airlines offer the non-stop service on PIT-DEN US/UA can not codeshare on each other's flights for a non-stop flight (ie I can't buy a R/T PIT-DEN from United on a USAirways codeshare) but can for connections (ie I can buy a R/T PIT-DEN-LAX from United on a PIT-DEN USAirways codeshare). Somewhat weird but I guess it makes sense. If US stops flying the route then no worries LOL

Latest posts