What's Next

USA320Pilot said:
It's my understanding the company has obtained all of its financing requirements to complete its business plan, plan of reorganization (POR), and disclosure statement if the company obtains new IAM labor accords, either via a consensual or possibly a more "painful" imposed agreement. Furthermore, I understand the creditor's committee supports the POR.

(for those keeping track, this is the first of the logical fallacies of debate--a hint of strawman, with a smidge of red herring)

Of course. Can you explain why GECAS wants 25 planes back, and $100 million in other equity, which has yet to be found?

(You did not address this, and instead launched into a tangent that had nothing to do with what I wrote, so I'll bold it for you this time).

Can you explain why EDS wants to be prepaid??

Two of the largest creditors making noises like this don't make for "confidence," at least from anyone concerned with substance as opposed to spin.

With this pending news, how do you think Judge Mitchell will rule on January 6, if necessary. Moreover, during bankruptcy I & II what is the percentage of motions the court has ruled in favor of the company?

(This could be a number of logical fallacies, but we'll go with argumentum ad verecundiam with a small dose of red herring, or perhaps the rare complex question)

That has nothing to do with confidence. Mitchell endorsed the first POR--can you name me an individual who would call that a swell idea that builds confidence?

By the way, how could you be so wrong, again?

(Ah, I'd been waiting for the argumentum ad hominem, which is what the quoted poster falls back on whenever the argumentum ad nauseam is debunked)

So, GE is not taking planes back from US, requiring somebody else to post exit equity, and attempting to dictate another premature exit from bankrupty, which hurt the company the last time? Do you equate these actions with confidence (and I can easily go back and pull your posts from a few months ago, where you were "warning" about GE taking their ball and going home)? Most people don't, but most are not quite as desperate.

As for "being wrong" in a broader context, my firm stopped selling stuff to US at anything beyond "cash on delivery" terms some months before bankruptcy (due to the logically correct "lack of confidence) and will continue to do so until the company liquidates or produces a decent credit rating after emerging from bankruptcy. Ergo, we were not left stuck with unsecured debt, and US still has to buy our stuff (since nobody else makes it). So, US could go belly up, GE will lease the fleet to somebody else, and I've lost nothing (financially, anyway--my feelings on most of the frontline employees at US are well known). If that's wrong, well, I know what I'll be doing at the end of 1/05.......

You guys are really going to be bored when everyone has a ratified TA.

That is a good thing. . .except for chronic flaming on the board.

N924PS said:
Between you and the Captain, this forum just isn't worth the time any more. A couple of know it alls who really know nothing. Enough hot air to inflate the Hindenburg.
[post="230533"][/post]​

Drop Dead Thread Fred.... :down:

Revolutions said:
You guys are really going to be bored when everyone has a ratified TA.

That is a good thing. . .except for chronic flaming on the board.
[post="230571"][/post]​

Not to worry. The t/a's won't be dry before the company will begin trying to break them or redefine them. It's already happening with ALPA.

This company invented flame throwing...just throwing it back. ;)

Clue:

Clue asked: Can you explain why GECAS wants 25 planes back, and $100 million in other equity, which has yet to be found?

USA320Pilot comments: Yes. During a meeting I attended with Bruce Lakefield last summer he said that during bankruptcy 1 the Seabury Group had negotiated lease rates below market value. GE wanted to repossess some of those aircraft with A319s going to international operators and the B737s to a freight operation. Did you miss that too, when I previously announced that point.

Each union knew this could occur and the only way to prevent it was to restructure outside of bankuptcy.

In regard to the $100 million, I understand that has been arranged and could e announced soon. GE wants the company to survive and they support the new business plan.

Clue asked: Can you explain why EDS wants to be prepaid?

USA320Pilot comments: Yes, the company is in bankruptcy. By the way, expect some interesting EDS/Sabre news in the not-so-distant future. Moreover, do not be surprised if you hear a major announcement regarding New York City in the future.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Clue:

By the way, expect some interesting EDS/Sabre news in the not-so-distant future. Moreover, do not be surprised if you hear a major announcement regarding New York City in the future.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="231077"][/post]​

Care to share? :)

Latest posts