What's Next

Winglet said:
Lakefield and Siegel should go down in corporate history as a case study in personal greed and/or incompetence.
[post="229875"][/post]​

Please.... If you want to call them anything, call them naive for thinking that there was a chance of reviving US two years ago in the condition that Wolf and Gangrene left it in.

SpinDoc said:
Cav:

I have a source who tells me the company is
working on contingency contracts with
outsourcing vendors and they will be ready
if and when ANY of the union groups decides
to walk out.
[post="229925"][/post]​

Your source is, quite charitably, smoking crack.

Mitchell did not grant the motion to allow outsourcing in the event of work actions or slowdowns in the 1113(e) proceeding, and doing what you describe would create a slam-dunk instant case for reconsideration and/or appeal of any 1113© abrogation, because it clearly represents a lack of good-faith (especially in the case of the IAM who has not announced a strike vote, much less intent to use it and has also offered to send CCY's last-best offer out for ratification).

theres no one gonna shut anything down, you need to check that tude and arrogance at the door. Theres not a union group on the property that cant be replaced.

ClueByFour said:
Mitchell did not grant the motion to allow outsourcing in the event of work actions or slowdowns in the 1113(e) proceeding
[post="230228"][/post]​

Don't be so overconfident. Mitchell's order was limited to the S1113e proceedings.

If the contract is thrown out under S1113c, there'd be nothing to prevent further or total outsourcing.

Pacemaker said:
Jan 15 - ALPA enters into another round of concessionary negotiations with management to make up for what they're not going to get from the IAM.
[post="229979"][/post]​

I agree. But allow me to rephrase and expand just a bit:

Jan 15 - ALPA, checkbook in hand, eagerly enters into another round of concessionary negotiations with management to make up for what they're not going to get from the IAM. And then they enthusiastically DOUBLE the ask just to "help out." The indignant rank-and-file pilots show their contempt by ratifying LOA 94 only by a 56% to 44% margin.

ClueByFour said:
Your source is, quite charitably, smoking crack.

Mitchell did not grant the motion to allow outsourcing in the event of work actions or slowdowns in the 1113(e) proceeding, and doing what you describe would create a slam-dunk instant case for reconsideration and/or appeal of any 1113© abrogation, because it clearly represents a lack of good-faith (especially in the case of the IAM who has not announced a strike vote, much less intent to use it and has also offered to send CCY's last-best offer out for ratification).
[post="230228"][/post]​

SpinDoc replies:

Clue: You know as well as I do that
the company has to be prepared for
moronic and emotional reactions from
the unions, and to keep the operations
going, they certainly would want to have
trained and certified personnel ready to
step in. There is no law that prevents the
company from spending money to develop
contingency contracts to ensure ongoing
operations in the event of a union job
action. C'mon, are you as delusional as
the rest?

SpinDoc said:
SpinDoc replies:

Clue: You know as well as I do that
the company has to be prepared for
moronic and emotional reactions from
the unions, and to keep the operations
going, they certainly would want to have
trained and certified personnel ready to
step in. There is no law that prevents the
company from spending money to develop
contingency contracts to ensure ongoing
operations in the event of a union job
action. C'mon, are you as delusional as
the rest?
[post="230271"][/post]​
SpinDoc, Where is Usairways getting the money for these "contingency" plans ? Are you suggesting Usairways has some $$$$ tucked away somewhere that they are not reporting ??

insp89 said:
SpinDoc, Where is Usairways getting the money for these "contingency" plans ? Are you suggesting Usairways has some $$$$ tucked away somewhere that they are not reporting ??
[post="230362"][/post]​
he he he....looky looky what just happened to pop up in the good old pgh post gazette this weekend...not one but two of our favorite 3rd party vendors..
vendor 1
vendor 2

Hey Dude,

Same crap showed up in the CLT Observer classifieds for both TIMCO and MAE. I guess they have all the work they can handle now. I just wonder how many more un-certificated personnel they will add to an already hodge podge work force???

Any mechanic that goes to MAE from UAIR should be comitted for mental evaluations........MAE is directly responsible for the demise of the aircraft mechanic profession at UAIR and other carriers :down:

Spindoc, You can't possibly be that naive and smug about all the mechanics being replaced at the snap of a finger can you?? Obviously you need to brush up on your FAR's and on just what exactly the FAA requires to keep an air carrier aloft <_< !!

As for this "moronic and emotional" (your words) union member I will definitely do my part to shut this monster down for keeps!! You can abrogate and scab out all the employees but afterall it is the employees that make or break your company. And we can do that without the help of our ever increasingly inept management types.

Stay tuned and see just who has the stronger resolve once the judges hammer comes down for the final time. Hope you have your resume up to date. If not, then you are an even bigger fool than you sound like already :p :p

The Timco and MAE job opportunity advertisements sicken me because this all could have been avoided. For the past year I have talked about IAM "pain" and the "naysayers" repeatedly argued with me on this point.

It's unclear if there is time for the IAM to cut a deal and the company has its foot on the throat of the rank-and-file.

In my opinion, the IAM needs to focus on saving as many jobs as possible and get the best possible severance package possible, just like the CWA and AFA.

US Airways has support of its Transformation Plan from the ATSB, GE, the PBGC, and the creditors committee. The company has new labor accords with ALPA and 3 TWU units plus tentative agreements with the AFA and CWA. The lone ranger? The IAM and its 3 units.

Which all means the bankruptcy court will grant US Airways' S.1113© requests because if court didn't then the court, and the court alone, would be blamed for the liquidation of the carrier, and Judge Mitchell is nobody's fool.

Separately, it's my understanding that US Airways has arranged financing for all of its needs provided the IAM participates in the new business plan, one way or the other.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

It's unclear if there is time for the IAM to cut a deal and the company has its foot on the throat of the rank-and-file.
thats an amusing analogy my dear flying friend......
i guess you're right they do have their foot on our throat if we decide to strike and disregard the judges orders and afa and cwa stand up and don't cross...yes i see your point.
besides IAM can work until the 5th or 6th if need be....mitch will be reluctant to abrogate and will leave it up the parties to come to some type of solution...if not....duh da da duh...... :shock:

Latest posts