What's The Scoop On Fa Understaffing?

czerny

Advanced
Mar 24, 2004
I'm one of the 100 AAnaatives still on furlough waiting for the next round of recalls (assuming there will be another one before 2007), what is the real scoop on the staffing issue out there? I keep getting mixed reports. Commuters on my flights are complaining about understaffing,but then again, I read on this forum that MIA is overstaffed. Am I correct to assume that since leaves, min-leaves etc. were offered, then there is no understaffing issue?
There's not a whole lot of us left if AA doesn't want to recall TWA, and the longer we are out, the less inclination some of us have to return.
I have stopped believing the rumor about "massive" retirements because the highest number last year was in July, not Dec or Nov.

czerny said:
I'm one of the 100 AAnaatives still on furlough waiting for the next round of recalls (assuming there will be another one before 2007), what is the real scoop on the staffing issue out there? I keep getting mixed reports. Commuters on my flights are complaining about understaffing,but then again, I read on this forum that MIA is overstaffed. Am I correct to assume that since leaves, min-leaves etc. were offered, then there is no understaffing issue?
There's not a whole lot of us left if AA doesn't want to recall TWA, and the longer we are out, the less inclination some of us have to return.
I have stopped believing the rumor about "massive" retirements because the highest number last year was in July, not Dec or Nov.
[post="240601"][/post]​

First off, the July number was not high due to retirements. It was high due to the fact that 137 did not return from the 1 year overage leave which was up on 30JUN. That added to the "normal" attrition (quits, dies, retires, gets fired) of 80 resulted in the 217 for July.

I do not see how the company can sustain an average attrition of 80 f/as per mo. without either cutting back on flying or recalling furloughees. The FAA still requires a minimum number of f/as on each a/c. The recall or not of former TWA flight attendants has nothing to do with anything. When f/as tell you that the company does not want to recall former TW flight attendants, what they mean is THEY don't want the company to recall former TW flight attendants. As far as the company and our seniority list is concerned, there are only AA flight attendants. And I can assure you that when (not if) they are recalled, the APFA won't hesitate to think of them as AA flight attendants also when it comes dues paying time.

There are a number of f/as in the 10-15 year seniority range who want to transfer to SLT so that they can be off reserve. They know that under the SIA which the current administration of APFA has vowed to defend to the nth degree, if any former TW flight attendants are assigned to SLT upon recall, they get their TW seniority as long as they remain in St. Louis. If this happens the 10-15 year people will probably go back to 1-on-3-off reserve rotation if the recall of former TW flight attendants is large enough.

Latest posts

Back