Recall Rights Extended for FA's

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what I am about to say is going to up set allot of you and I am sorry for that. This is not to be mean or hurt full, but it will hurt some. This Petition that I have started is not about TWA or getting Seniority back or if you can, its about are union Tommy doing what ever she feels like doing with out telling the BOD. Most of the BOD did not know about what Tommy and AA did to extend the recall. All of those APFA up dates was about the membership calling there Bod's and they had know clue that this had happened. Tommy did it on her own. The IDF BOD called for a meeting and put Tommy on notice that she had to go Thur the BOD to do something like this per the resolution 8 that the BOD signed off on back in Feb 2006 about this extension. The point of this Petition is that WE the members are tired of side letters and going behind the backs of members and Union leaders who ever is in office. That we can know longer trust are Union. So I am sorry that are AA former TWA will be upset with this I am not out to hurt you. I just want to get this information out there. I want a Union I can trust. We vote for a new leader In April 08 and I want to send a message to that leader that we are out here watching and we are not going to take it any more. You can also go to http://www.idfrumble.com to alert and read what the IDF BOD posted and the Petition link is htp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/impeachmentpetition With Respect to All

I could not agree more.

I have been watching for a LOA that would address the furlough issue.

However, a LOA that protects a select group of employees (410) and not the entire membership is not fair representation.

I know what I am about to say is going to up set allot of you and I am sorry for that. This is not to be mean or hurt full, but it will hurt some. This Petition that I have started is not about TWA or getting Seniority back or if you can, its about are union Tommy doing what ever she feels like doing with out telling the BOD. Most of the BOD did not know about what Tommy and AA did to extend the recall. All of those APFA up dates was about the membership calling there Bod's and they had know clue that this had happened. Tommy did it on her own. The IDF BOD called for a meeting and put Tommy on notice that she had to go Thur the BOD to do something like this per the resolution 8 that the BOD signed off on back in Feb 2006 about this extension. The point of this Petition is that WE the members are tired of side letters and going behind the backs of members and Union leaders who ever is in office. That we can know longer trust are Union. So I am sorry that are AA former TWA will be upset with this I am not out to hurt you. I just want to get this information out there. I want a Union I can trust. We vote for a new leader In April 08 and I want to send a message to that leader that we are out here watching and we are not going to take it any more. You can also go to http://www.idfrumble.com to alert and read what the IDF BOD posted and the Petition link is htp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/impeachmentpetition With Respect to All

Why did you not throw JW out for really lying to you and ignoring the constitution in a multitude of ways that really harmed the membership. Instead you choose to make a case for a employee group vicyimized by APFA. And secondly you ally yourself with JN probably the most hateful F/A on the property. He is also a great fan of JW. great choice of allies and causes!!!

Why did you not throw JW out for really lying to you and ignoring the constitution in a multitude of ways that really harmed the membership. Instead you choose to make a case for a employee group vicyimized by APFA. And secondly you ally yourself with JN probably the most hateful F/A on the property. He is also a great fan of JW. great choice of allies and causes!!!

Hi I don't know who JN is but I am one of your 27 flight attendants that is suing the AA and APFA to get are old contract back. It is with the Judge right now. We should here from the judge at the end of this year or at the first of the year. Has taken 4 years to do something about this, but we are trying. If the judge rules it a Class Action Suit then it will be for ALL AA flight attendants. I am not a ling my self with any one. Just trying to stop more of are Union violating any more of the contract. With Respect to all

Hi I don't know who JN is but I am one of your 27 flight attendants that is suing the AA and APFA to get are old contract back. It is with the Judge right now. We should here from the judge at the end of this year or at the first of the year. Has taken 4 years to do something about this, but we are trying. If the judge rules it a Class Action Suit then it will be for ALL AA flight attendants. I am not a ling my self with any one. Just trying to stop more of are Union violating any more of the contract. With Respect to all

JN is an IDF based flight attendant who posts on the FA 4m on Yahoo. He has been very vocal about recall issues. They call him "The Reverend" on the 4m. I don't know why, though. There is definitely no love lost between him and TWA, and the feeling is mutual.

I visited your website, and see that he has signed your petition. That is why the TWA poster above referred to your alliance with him.

Hi I don't know who JN is...

Here is all you need to know:
Dear Mr. Arpey:

I was very distraught to learn that a "postponement" in the expiration of recall rights for TWA attendants is in place. While I personally empathize with the plight of all furloughed employees, I believe that our current Labor Agreement MUST be honored and observed. Any extension or postponement in the expiration of recall rights is in direct violation of that freely negotiated agreement that is legally enforceable.

The contract (Collective Bargaining Agreement) specifically states that Recall Rights for furloughed flight attendants shall be in place for a period of 5 years and 5 years only after which the "right to recall" expire.

It is my position that should either party, APFA, or American Airlines wish to change the terms of this area of the CBA, that it should be done in negotiations and not while a contract is currently in effect.

I am so distraught over the fact that my current CBA isn't being honored and "enforced" by the APFA, that I am strongly considering
filing "Duty of Fair Representation" charges against the Union with the U.S. Department of Labor.

Thank you for your time.

Jay Narey
Elected Operational Council Representative
Dallas/Fort Worth International
APFA Member

Ah yes that's him. Been spewing forth hate toeards the TWA F/As since 2001.

Yes Now that you have given me a name I do know Jay Thru the 4m, But I don't see that he hates TWA. Nor do I hate TWA. What we both hate is that the Union (Tommy) did not tell the BOD what she was doing, she just on her own did it. Yes I am all for the return and extension, but you have to do it the right way. Tommy just go in when ever she wants and change things when it suits her. We have a Contract. I see Jay post all the time, like others on the 4m say they are all for the recall, but it has to be done right way with in are contract. BOD was mad as hell at her and told her sold. There are rule's and if you don't fight for those rules then we have know contract. Just like what happen in 2003. WE AA /TWA and I know your hart is TWA, but you are AA and you should be mad as hell that another Union Pres. is pull this again. A lot of AA FA have signed that Petition and I don't know them. They have signed it because they want change. They want to believe in there Union again and trust them.. Nothing more.. There is nothing hidden here. I not here to hurt any of you just to give you some information. With Respect to All and hope you will be able to come back.

Contracts are violated or changed every day.......Ever heard the phrase, "Fly now, grieve later" Also, there are LOAs signed all of the time to address between negotiation issues.

Truly, so why pick on this issue to "enforce" the contract? Why now, why not over other issues that have LOAs? As to JN, believe me he hates TWA F/As. At one point there was discussion of trying to get an article 32 launched against him. Look at his posts several years back. I wish you well with your legal case. Reading Ms. Bass's legal brief ought to be required reading for every AA F/A.

Yes Now that you have given me a name I do know Jay Thru the 4m, But I don't see that he hates TWA. Nor do I hate TWA.
JN's overall attitude toward TWA people has been consistently venomous since the acquisition. Way before THB was elected he was making the same type of comments.

Did it bother you when the APFA signed LOA's reducing staffing on the 737 and allowed Option II cross-utilization? Both these actions filled openings for the company and delayed recalls. I'm all for keeping the integrity of contracts, but that's what LOA's are for; minor adjustments between major contract changes.

MK

JN's overall attitude toward TWA people has been consistently venomous since the acquisition. Way before THB was elected he was making the same type of comments.

Did it bother you when the APFA signed LOA's reducing staffing on the 737 and allowed Option II cross-utilization? Both these actions filled openings for the company and delayed recalls. I'm all for keeping the integrity of contracts, but that's what LOA's are for; minor adjustments between major contract changes.

MK

It does seem odd, no noise in the two cases mentioned above whose effect would be to delay or negate recalls while the latest noise is to kill the poor souls, a contract must be enforced even if it kills people. I wonder what a jury would conclude if given all the evidence? Might say this feels like hate crimes.

It does seem odd, no noise in the two cases mentioned above whose effect would be to delay or negate recalls while the latest noise is to kill the poor souls, a contract must be enforced even if it kills people. I wonder what a jury would conclude if given all the evidence? Might say this feels like hate crimes.
Get your facts straight... One of the issue AA was granted in the 1993 strike abbritration award was the right to staff the A/C any way they see fit without consulting the union. They still to this day have that right.... no asking the union first... so no LOA needed to reduce staffing on 737 or any other A/C...
So many false facts from outsiders.. please move on....

Get your facts straight... One of the issue AA was granted in the 1993 strike abbritration award was the right to staff the A/C any way they see fit without consulting the union. They still to this day have that right.... no asking the union first... so no LOA needed to reduce staffing on 737 or any other A/C...
So many false facts from outsiders.. please move on....

You are so, so, hostile. Who put you in charge of the universe with the power to tell people to move on. You must have a real small image of yourself having to order other around.

Get your facts straight... One of the issue AA was granted in the 1993 strike abbritration award was the right to staff the A/C any way they see fit without consulting the union.

See: http://www.apfa.org/images/grievefiled/101...737staffing.pdf

http://www.apfa.org/images/scheduling/loa_...on2_jun2006.pdf

Although your remark about "outsiders" was aimed at L1011ret, the information originated in my previous post. Just for the record, I've been owned by AA for almost seven years now, and in a little over three hours will be back on the payroll with full benefits.

MK

See: http://www.apfa.org/images/grievefiled/101...737staffing.pdf

Although your remark about "outsiders" was aimed at L1011ret, the information originated in my previous post. Just for the record, I've been owned by AA for almost seven years now, and in a little over three hours will be back on the payroll with full benefits.

MK
No I did NOT mean you.... I'm glad you are back and look forward to flying with you...
I cant say enough good things about the returning F/A's....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts