When things go bad, who do you dread seeing?

I have a question for GA's, TA's and Special Service (which I presume is made up of GA's and TA's???).

When weather or mechanical issues cause delays and/or cancellations, is there a noticeable difference in the reaction of VFF's, FF's, occasional flyers and once in a blue moon flyers? In other words, is there a particular segment of flyer that just doesn't seem to get it? I'm sure there are exceptions one way or the other in every group, but are there any generalities?

Thanks for your insights.
YES...it all depends on the individual person. Some understand, some don't. Now...with SNA, JFK...it's the VFF's I'd rather not have to deal with! lol. OK, not so lol as they take a 10 min delay MUCH worse than a two HOUR delay for some reason....as I said, it depends on the individual.

I remember thinking to myself "There isn't a thing an airline could do to me to pizz me off that bad to go off on an hourly employee like that"

How about being denied boarding (with a FC ticket) when a gate agent closed a flight 25 minutes early because the flight crew wanted to get home early on a Friday and the next available flight wasn't leaving for 4 hours.

I do agree, however, that the people at LGA are AWESOME. They are some of the nicest gate agents I have encountered.

You can get radar depictions on your cell phone too. Last Friday non-reving CRW-DCA, the flight was ground stopped. Two customers immediately called someone in DC and both were told it was beautiful there (The airlines lie thing again). I dialed up Aol on the cell and selected wx and radar and behold, the whole area was in red and yellow with a cell right over the airfield. I showed the display to the customers and the info to the agents and all were quiet and content for the remainder of the flight.

Back