When will SWA go to Hawaii???

thx for the article swamt I find it very interesting that the Hawaiian "govt" says its an surety that SWA will be permanent to Hawaii So with the 737 MAX coming into the SWA fleet (if it has not started already) will the aircraft come ETOPS already? How many of these MAX is SWA receiving? Also do you think that they may look at BDA as another destination?

No prob. robbed. We are suppose to have a total of 14 Max by end of this year. And of course many more coming next year. All the Max's will be ETOPS. The 800's we are getting are ETOPS. The prob is the company is not ETOPS. I believe we are on order for well over 200 plus max's. All my numbers are from the top of my head without double checking. Forgive me robbed, where is BDA? Too lazy to look.

Its ok bro. BDA is Bermuda
Here ya go robbed. Ran across this article this morning. It has the numbers of Max's we are getting in the future. What thru me a little bit was the fact that the Max 7 gets longer range than the Max 8. I would have thought the opposite. Click on the range image and it will show the ranges of all the Max's 7-10, the 7 out ranges all of them by 300-600 miles more. I guess most of that is due to the number of seats and added weight.

indeed a very interesting article swamt If SWA does not merge with HA I cld see them doing rather extensive code sharing with them may be on international ones that HA serves and SW serves

indeed a very interesting article swamt If SWA does not merge with HA I cld see them doing rather extensive code sharing with them may be on international ones that HA serves and SW serves
They would probably have to do a code share, because we are nowhere close to having an ETOPS program, lots of bugs to work out of the Max to even think about flying it ETOPS.

I agree robbed. Just waiting for the news here.

that's kinda of what I was thinking 737 and swamt they cld make a good amt of dough on codeshare and later on after ETOPS programming then begin Hawaii flights

keep us posted I enjoy reading both you all posts as well as as everyone else :)

Reactions: B737 driver
I have read a past article that the airlines in Hawaii probably wouldn't feel the Southwest Effect as much as they have here on the main land. however, here's an article claiming with the Southwest Effect that we could very well be looking at $300 to get to Hawaii. Man I hope so. And I wouldn't care if other airlines follow suit. Do people realize how much travel to Hawaii would pick up if this is the case? All airline employees would have to purchase their tickets, no chance of getting on non-rev for some time after we start the Hawaiian flights for sure. Still hoping we do this sooner, but not expecting anything until mid 2018, at a minimum.

Going To Hawaii Could Get Way Cheaper Thanks To The "Southwest Effect"

Hope this article is correct about the Southwest Effect in Hawaii. Cheaper fares means more butts in seats. I will predict Oct. 2018 as long as we get all the ETOPS squared away in time. SWA sure does like to start new routes in Oct lately.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...fect-hit-airfares-to-hawaii-like-a-hurricane/

Reactions: robbedagain