Where art thou RJs?

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/8/2002 11:52:42 PM N628AU wrote:
[P]Wings...[BR][BR]The only thing that makes me in a hurry to see these things on the property is that our current Express fleet is killing us. Passengers do not want to fly on a Dash 8 or other turboprop anymore, regardless of what any of us say ----------------[/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]From a customer - you are right N628AU. I flew from MCI to TRI last July. I would have preferred to fly U, but they did not offer any jet service into TRI. Delta did. [/P]

Who knows? ...perhaps the manufacturers or leasing company(ies) will take a look at the way in which US mainline stiffed its equipment suppliers and decide they don't need the business of US and its affiliates. There seems to be plenty of worldwide demand for RJs without the need to expose one's self to the potential for shenanigans of the type pulled by US in walking away from its obligations.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/15/2002 11:38:19 AM Tango-Bravo wrote:

Who knows? ...perhaps the manufacturers or leasing company(ies) will take a look at the way in which US mainline stiffed its equipment suppliers and decide they don't need the business of US and its affiliates. There seems to be plenty of worldwide demand for RJs without the need to expose one's self to the potential for shenanigans of the type pulled by US in walking away from its obligations.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Tango-Bravo,

That would most likely not be the case, as it comes down to whole pre-petition vs. post-petition issue. Most people in financing, especially on high dollar things liek aircraft, know the difference. My point has been, if we can get them for PSA, Piedmont, and Allegheny as Chip has stated, why are we waiting? Every day spent waiting is more money in revenue we will never see. AOG-N-IT is correct, I am starting to feel a bit fungi-ish.

Hey Tango,
The planes that U is giving back are those planes I belive that came about from the mergers of PSA and Piedmont ... these are old planes that are parked out the desert and losing money for U ..
Anyway notwithstanding I belive the industry realises that those planes are losing money for U and once U gets out of BK they will have a clean slate and with a revamped route structure and with a strong alliance U will be able to meet any agreement reached...
all I can say is watch out cause once U emerges out of BK they will be a force to reckon with..do not doubt this...

[BR][BR][STRONG]PSA:[/STRONG][BR][BR]1. First Wholely Owned (WO) to accept J4J. Ratified by the PSA ALPA MEC. (Albiet without pilot vote.) (PSA FA negotiations ongoing)[BR][BR]2. First WO to ratify concessionary TA via PSA ALPA MEC ratification. (again no pilot membership vote)[BR][BR]3. PSA public statement PSA will lease old NCR training facility at Dayton Airport Inn(hotel). Second floor will be renovated for new training facility.(Dayton Daily News) PSA aquired former US DAY Res. facility for additional training/office space.(Inside Info)[BR][BR]4. PSA ALPA Negotiating Committee Chair appionted to Mid-Atlantic Negotiation Committee by ALPA President Duane Woerth. Woerth comments Capt. Moon will represent the Express pilots at Mid-Atlantic.(ALPA)[BR][BR]5. PSA hires former Mainline Training person to write a Advanced Qualification Pilot (AQP) training program for PSA. This person was quoted PSA offered me a deal I could'nt refuse. This person wrote the mainline AQP program for the B737.(Inside info)[BR][BR]6. PSA hired former management pilots that were fourloughed from mainline after Sept.11 and they have stated that they will stay with PSA because of managements statements to them that RJ's are coming to PSA.(read: Training pilot Capt. pay and sched. at PSA or MDA FO pay and Sched.? these guys were junior at mainline.)[BR][BR]7. VP of Operations while on a PSA jumpseat said We will get the ERJ. It will be equipped with dual FMS,GPS,ACARS and will get CAT II Certification. DAY will do the ground training and the sim. will be in the US PIT training facility.[BR][BR]8. PSA files a petition with the FAA and is approved, to change FAA oversite from CMH FSDO to the CVG FSDO because CVG FSDO has more experience with RJ's. (read ComAir experience) Three CMH FSDO inspectors transfer to the CVG FSDO. Chief Maint. inspector is one of the transferes and is quoted the Maint. problems at PSA will end when the new aircraft come on line!(FED) [BR][BR]9. PSA will upgrade 24 FO's to Capt. by the end of Dec. 02. With projected new hire FO's to exceed 35 by years end. PSA operates 28 D328's with 2 spares. 170(+-) Capts. currently on the seniority list not including final upgrade numbers and 130(+-) fo's not including new hires. PSA will be way over staffed by the new year at 340 pilots (+-)?[BR][BR]10. PSA MEC and PSA Merger Committee Chair meet with Mid-Atlantic Negotiating Committee to discuss seniority integration.[BR][BR]11. Commander Munn states that Dave said PSA can get own financing for RJ's?[BR][BR][BR][STRONG]All's I'm saying is what I'm saying![/STRONG][BR][BR][STRONG]Them DDDD's haunt me![/STRONG][BR][BR]

A new aircraft type takes signficant planning for its introduction. RJs are coming and will initially be integrated slowly, but rapidly accelerate the last half of 2003.

Management is working as fast as possible on this issue and the Executive Suite clearly understands the importance of adding RJs to the network.

I believe patience is our best option.

Chip

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/17/2002 9:39:31 AM ITRADE wrote:
[P]Anybody want to take bets or comment on the chances that TSA may become the next J4J carrier?[/P]
[P]----------------[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P][FONT size=1]I wouldn't hold my breath.[/FONT][/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]

I heard from the rumor mill that TransStates furloughed pilots list has been cleared and that all pilots will be flying by November. Given that TSA is an ALPA carrier and has a clean slate in connection to furloughs, anybody want to take bets or comment on the chances that TSA may become the next J4J carrier?

Isn't Colgan non-union? Wasn't there a clause in the ALPA contract that any J4J operator needed be a union shop (though not necessarily ALPA)?

The Mgmt at TSA would like to join J4J and periodicaly bring it up with the union. The pilots, however, are almost unanimously against it- in its present form. The recall of our furloughed pilots does put to rest one concern, but too many others remain. I wouldn't say never- get rid of the super-seniority and we could have a deal. The originator of this thread has hit the nail on the head.The wholly-owned carriers didn't have a choice, God bless those guys. They also seem to be unable to acquire jets quickly-just what U needs so desperately. It seems to be a race to see whether U can hold on until it emerges from CH 11, then start adding the jets. It seems like U has a good plan, but bad execution of it.

[BR]The mainline TA specifically states WO flow-thru for WO participants and no newhires to U mainline or MDA except through WO. The contract carriers have no incentive to give up jet jobs to U mainline pilots. I believe that was the only incentive for the U contract carriers? With so many furloughes at contract carriers they have no reason to sign on and Dave wants to build a U Express carrier to eventually IPO, he can't use contract carriers for that. Further, the U contract carriers are signing on with the other majors in response to their own pilots reaction to this and U's financial position? U contract carriers are looking elseware. CHA with Delta MCO, Trans States to AMR STL with transfer of AMR Eagle jets to Trans States, (AMR is trying to circumvent AMR Eagle scope as I understand) Mesa with Frontier. MidWay is the only question?