Where does FedEx do Heavy Maintenance checks?

Jul 18, 2008
Where do you guys do your C checks? Also was wondering are there any valid rumors to FedEx leasing the AFW, Alliance Forth Worth, Hangar in TX for your checks from AA? We are hearing AA is pulling out of AFW..Thanks.

Where do you guys do your C checks? Also was wondering are there any valid rumors to FedEx leasing the AFW, Alliance Forth Worth, Hangar in TX for your checks from AA? We are hearing AA is pulling out of AFW..Thanks.

Hey Tulsa man,
Well I do not know about the other fleets but I know that the 727 C check is spread out AAR in IND does some as does VQQ (Jacksonville fla) as does BFM (MAE) in Mobile. ARA (Lake Charles La) does most of the paint jobs. Some of the widebody C checks are done overseas and some in the states. I am not at work tonight but I can find out for sure when I go back.

Hey Tulsa man,
Well I do not know about the other fleets but I know that the 727 C check is spread out AAR in IND does some as does VQQ (Jacksonville fla) as does BFM (MAE) in Mobile. ARA (Lake Charles La) does most of the paint jobs. Some of the widebody C checks are done overseas and some in the states. I am not at work tonight but I can find out for sure when I go back.

Thank you. I would appreciate it.

Hey lineguy43, what does TIMCO do in GSO with the DC-10's and A-300 and 310's? It's hard to see from the terminal but it looks like some fairly involved work.

Hey lineguy43, what does TIMCO do in GSO with the DC-10's and A-300 and 310's? It's hard to see from the terminal but it looks like some fairly involved work.

Timco in GSO does C checks on the A300/310. The A300/310 C check is spread out to a lot of different companies. TAP in LIS does C cks as does BFM in Mobile Ala as does CWF in Lake Charles La and GAMECO in Asia does A310 C cks. The MD-11 is done at SASCO in SIN. and our own guys do C checks on the MD-10/DC-10 in LAX.

Timco right now has two lines of a300/a310 c checks and two lines of md-10 c checks/carbon brake mods and fuel cell mods. Supposively the md-10's are going away because the period between checks just got lenghten by the faa word here in gso is that you guys are going to do them in MEM we are suppose to pick up two lines of A300/A310's to make up. Thats what we are being told anyway.

Timco right now has two lines of a300/a310 c checks and two lines of md-10 c checks/carbon brake mods and fuel cell mods. Supposively the md-10's are going away because the period between checks just got lenghten by the faa word here in gso is that you guys are going to do them in MEM we are suppose to pick up two lines of A300/A310's to make up. Thats what we are being told anyway.

Well I can tell you that FedEx does not do any C checks in MEM. Not to say that in the future it may change but for right now we do not. A and B checks only. If it is an MD-10 it might be LAX.