A320 Heavy Maintenance In Clt

Jun 17, 2003
It appears a/c 107 (A320) scheduled for its first S-check in Ala. in Feb. 2005 has made an unexpected maintenance stop in the Clt hangar. It appears that there was corrosion found in the aft lav and galley area under structure and the plane has been out of service since the middle of last week. Permanent repairs are being accomplished, although it appears only a skeleton crew of mechanics are working it, due to manpower issues. I heard that the FAA discovered these problems and rejected the extension granted for the airbus family. Don't know if this is fact or fiction, if anyone knows for sure would like to know. I do have to say by the looks of all the disassembly you would think HEAVY MAINTENANCE is being performed on an airbus in house. :shock: And by the way it fits in the hangar very nicely along with three (3) 757's and still one (1) empty bay, plus of course an empty line hangar several hundred yards away.

to much time to quit said:
I do have to say by the looks of all the disassembly you would think HEAVY MAINTENANCE is being performed on an airbus in house. :shock: And by the way it fits in the hangar very nicely along with three (3) 757's and still one (1) empty bay, plus of course an empty line hangar several hundred yards away.
Ah, don't you go confusing everyone with facts and truths ... that isn't part of the plan. ;)

to much time to quit said:
It appears a/c 107 (A320) scheduled for its first S-check in Ala. in Feb. 2005 has made an unexpected maintenance stop in the Clt hangar. It appears that there was corrosion found in the aft lav and galley area under structure and the plane has been out of service since the middle of last week. Permanent repairs are being accomplished, although it appears only a skeleton crew of mechanics are working it, due to manpower issues. I heard that the FAA discovered these problems and rejected the extension granted for the airbus family. Don't know if this is fact or fiction, if anyone knows for sure would like to know. I do have to say by the looks of all the disassembly you would think HEAVY MAINTENANCE is being performed on an airbus in house. :shock: And by the way it fits in the hangar very nicely along with three (3) 757's and still one (1) empty bay, plus of course an empty line hangar several hundred yards away.
And by the way it fits in the hangar very nicely along with three (3) 757's and still one (1) empty bay, plus of course an empty line hangar several hundred yards away.
my god man....how can you say there is an empty bay....do you know there has been documentation regarding a lack of capacity to perform bus work in house?