Where is FL Outsourced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Just curious... I know Menzies is doing the handling in CUN, and ATS just got the contracts for HSV and BWI last year, but who is handling them in AUA, BDA, MBJ, NAS, SJU?

Domestically, the 10K says 31 cities are entirely self-handled, but that would leave around 30 locations, not including the six above.

I see on an old a.net thread the following WN cities are outsourced for FL:

Fully outsourced: SEA, SFO, LAX, SAN, PHX, LAS
Ramp outsourced: DEN, SAT, MCI, MSP, PBI, RSW, IAD, LGA

That leaves the following cities where there is no WN presence:

Fully outsourced: MDT, ABE, ACY, HPN, LEX, TYS, AVL, CRW, CHS, MLI, PWM, EYW
Ramp outsourced: MIA, SRQ

Who is handling them in those locations, and what's the guess on the cities where there's currently no presence? Do they stay outsourced? Do they get dropped as part of the merger?

Just curious... I know Menzies is doing the handling in CUN, and ATS just got the contracts for HSV and BWI last year, but who is handling them in AUA, BDA, MBJ, NAS, SJU?

Domestically, the 10K says 31 cities are entirely self-handled, but that would leave around 30 locations, not including the six above.

I see on an old a.net thread the following WN cities are outsourced for FL:

Fully outsourced: SEA, SFO, LAX, SAN, PHX, LAS
Ramp outsourced: DEN, SAT, MCI, MSP, PBI, RSW, IAD, LGA

That leaves the following cities where there is no WN presence:

Fully outsourced: MDT, ABE, ACY, HPN, LEX, TYS, AVL, CRW, CHS, MLI, PWM, EYW
Ramp outsourced: MIA, SRQ

Who is handling them in those locations, and what's the guess on the cities where there's currently no presence? Do they stay outsourced? Do they get dropped as part of the merger?

Somewhere over there is one poster's opinions on each city and why it'll stay, change, or go. If you can find it, it's actually a pretty good read.

I say MIA and SRQ go in favor of FLL and TPA. WN has said that they have no plans to stop serving any cities, but like closing DFW, that might mean shuttering certain airports in favor of others (Wright Amendment aside for a minute).

Or, maybe Kelley is just saying what everyone wants to hear right now. Who knows?

Thanks for the reference. Interesting discussion...

I'm inclined to agree that some airports get consolidated, e.g. PHF and ORF, SRQ in favor of RSW & TPA, LGA over HPN.

The bigger question is the places where they've had to work out revenue guarantees... WN's never been one to do that.

AUA, BDA, MBJ, NAS, will most likely continue to be outsourced. If a carrier just has one or two flights in and out per day a local company does the work. Not sure about the SJU station, that could depend on union contracts and the number of flights per day that WN builds SJU up to.

Thanks for the reference. Interesting discussion...

I'm inclined to agree that some airports get consolidated, e.g. PHF and ORF, SRQ in favor of RSW & TPA, LGA over HPN.

The bigger question is the places where they've had to work out revenue guarantees... WN's never been one to do that.

Didn't WN do that at ECP?

It'll be interesting to see how they try and integrate the less-than-daily (or even 1-2x daily) cities into the network. Obviously, that runs counter to their current MO. Also, what happens to a place like MKE? Do they keep the volume FL has there, or shift some of it back towards MDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts