Where's The Growth From Efficiency

DC does not to "heavy mtc checks" they do an overnight C-Check on the A320 family.

No , unfortunately it was scheduled that way. We also have a spare 170 on hand. I will say that the 170's have been operating near flawlessly, especially since MAA has put their own MTC in DCA. The usual morning wakeup for the 170 rarely occurs now. Too bad we don't have enough ramp agents to do the job right and the contract catering (LSG) is pathetic. They don't have any idea what they are doing. We had a DFW flight block up a gate for over an hour last night because they couldn't decide whether it was to be catered or not.

crusher said:
Where is the efficient use of a/c? Yesterday in DCA we had a 733 terminate at 0730 and did not leave again until 2100.  How is parking  an a/c  all day an improvement in efficiency?
[post="247770"][/post]​

Was this a one-time scheduled occurance, or a daily occurance? If it was a one-timer, I would say its unfortunate, but not the end of the world... If this is a daily (or even weekly, like every Saturday) occurance, then I would say that something is amiss...

Or maybe this is some kind of designated Spare Aircraft to support operations? (Something goes wrong, they pull out the Spare)? I would have thought US Airways would keep all its Spare Aircraft at PHL and CLT though...