Us Cuts Flights At Phl, Fll, And Clt

USA320Pilot said:
There is more to the story regarding Panama City and San Salvador. Do not be surprised if US Airways re-enters the market(s) in the not-so-distant future.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="251308"][/post]​
Of course you would be the person to CLAIM to know all the info about it. Let me guess you had to drop the service in preparation For your buy out of AA, and moving all the flights to Miami. :lol: :lol:

I've looked at the loads to PTY and they looked to be very high. I would say in the 90% range, what load factor do we generally need to be profitable? 110%?

This announcement is very unsettling and makes me feel like we really do no have a TP.

LMFAO

OK, I never really believed we had a TP and this proves it. My only concern is that I was pretty sure round 4 would come around Xmas 2005 but now I guess it will be July 2005....

One of the things that bothers me the most about cutting the EWR-FLL flight is that NYC-NJ has the largest population of Dominican people outside of the Dominican Rebulic. Now with the EWR-FLL gone, you no longer can fly from EWR-SDQ. Not only could we FILL a non-stop EWR-SDQ if we offered one, we carried alot of connecting passengers. Now come May, THEY ARE GONE. Good Marketing if I may say so.

Geez.... even Aviation Daily can't report correctly on fleet news.

They report that U is reducing its 737 fleet by 30%... you can only get to 30% by adding the airbus returns and dividing by the 737 base. As far as I can tell, their numbers are consistent with what's been reported. But their math is wrong.

PineyBob said:
Question: Who owns the gates/slots that Air Wisc flys to/from? The route map looks kind of interesting IF Air Wisc owns those gates AND loses the bid to continue UA Express flying.

Maybe A320's ICT/UCT isn't so far fetched?
[post="251404"][/post]​

While I don't know, I would think all the ORD gate leases belong to UA... UA did, afterall, build T1 and occupy T2 previous to that....

As for slots, ORD is technically unslotted these days, until the FAA steps in and asks airlines to reduce services...

USA320Pilot said:
There is more to the story regarding Panama City and San Salvador. Do not be surprised if US Airways re-enters the market(s) in the not-so-distant future.

I read this as USA320Pilot's assertion that US Airways will downgrade some other domestic flying to E-170's in order to find aircraft to restart the FLL services. The fact that USA320Pilot is chiming in on this probably means its a continuation of his old assertion that the shuttle will run with E-170's, thus freeing up aircraft for FLL...

That is my prediction of USA320Pilot's argument. And that might be right. We'll see.

a320av8r said:
If the money is there CO will fly EWR- SDQ non-stop.
[post="251425"][/post]​

Well, CO does fly Non-Stop EWR-SDQ with a mere 767 Daily.

Lets just make more people dislike USAirways. I always thought we should offer service to where people want to fly. We have a nice EWR-SDQ market and now that is also gone. This Company Cares NOT about making money. And how much money did U have to spend to get into Panama City & San Salvador?

The carrier plans to return 11 Boeing 737s to lessors, starting in May, "as the benefits of increased aircraft productivity expand across its network," the company said. The airline has not decided if it will return 737-300s or -400s. The latest deal is separate from an agreement signed with GE Capital Aviation Services to return 10 Airbus A319s this year, and 15 737-300s in 2006 and 2007. High fuel costs, weak revenues and U.S. overcapacity "played a significant role in the company's decision."

CaptianBoomer said:
USA320:

What idiot starts service, stops service, and then starts again?

The idiots running U couldn't manage a hot dog cart on a NY street corner.

Boomer
[post="251310"][/post]​

Feed it to him.. USA320 is a company stooge.. Plain and simple..

This outfit is run by idiots, he is one of them.. Remember the months and months of his BS about the UAL/US merger.. Then it didn't happen and we heard nothing from this loser for months.. Months because he had to hide under a rock.

He's a clip and snip artist, only posts what the company wants..

Simply put.. He's an MSA.

Hope777 said:
Well, CO does fly Non-Stop EWR-SDQ with a mere 767 Daily.

Lets just make more people dislike USAirways. I always thought we should offer service to where people want to fly.

It's a shame that US Airways has ignored its Newark passengers for years. People can't fly US Airways to any popular destination from Newark without a CLT or PIT connection.

Delta is coming after US at FLL:

Two non-stop daily flights between Fort Lauderdale, Fla. and Nassau, Bahamas, beginning May 1 and operated by Delta Connection carrier Chautauqua Airlines, using Embraer Regional Jet aircraft.