Which Cities Have Lost Mainline Service Since Chapter 11?

JAMAKE1

Veteran
Feb 15, 2003
SFO to DAB
Visit site
Hey There:

I am a United F/A (and former PS and US employee at CCR) and was wondering which mainline cities have been lost to
Express since the Chapter 11 filing? I know BTV went to
Express. When did that occur? I was quite saddened by that as I had often flown US into BTV. As a little boy I would fly JFK-BTV on Mohawk and LGA-BTV on Allegheny. I presumed BTV was a money maker for US. Any other stations slated for mainline conversion to Express? When UA goes Express in a mainline station, they announce it through press releases. US appears to make the change very quietly.
Thanks for any info. I still have a soft-spot for US. Best of luck to you guys.

If I correct CLE will lose mainline service around the beginning of June, and be replaced by "mainline-express"
service. I personally dont know what "mainline-express"
means. I think MKE is alson on the same timetable. As for the city codes AVP is Scranton-Wilkes-Barre, Pa. and AVL is Ashville NC. And if I am wrong my learned co=workers will let me know..

Mainline Express is the CWA answer to commuter service...they negotiated the cust svc group to be able to stay and work those jobs in cities that go commuter instead of pawning it off to Allegheny or PSA or whoever....the pay sucks and benefits suck...the mainline group kept their pay at top scale but we took a 42 pct paycut for this "opportunity" to work for mainline express...I believe the company is going to make many changes to a lot of cities to this status and a lot of people are going to be hurt because of it...I feel that the payscales should have been negotiated better and that the majority of agents in the future will be under this new umbrella of "mainline express". You can qualify for food stamps and energy assistance with this new payscale for mainline express...we were sold down the river to protect the hub jobs.....

In the post-Chapter 11 (from August to November, 2002) timeframe, AVL, DAY, SDF, and YUL lost all mainline flights. Since November, BHM, BTV, MEM, STL, and AVP have lost mainline, and MKE and CLE lose mainline in June.

By my count, that leaves 56 continental U.S. mainline stations.

----------------
On 4/21/2003 9:11:28 PM JAMAKE1 wrote:

Hey There:

Any I am a United F/A (and former PS and US employee at CCR) and was wondering which mainline cities have been lost to
Express since the Chapter 11 filing? I know BTV went to
Express. When did that occur? I was quite saddened by that as I had often flown US into BTV. As a little boy I would fly JFK-BTV on Mohawk and LGA-BTV on Allegheny. I presumed BTV was a money maker for US.

In BTV we went to mainline express on Feb 8th. I thought we were a money maker too but I also think that sometimes people look at a map and say we still fly there. We don''t need mainline there, let''s get rid of them. Happened to me in BGM ELM and BTV....what can you do though?

WHAT I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW IS IF WE ARE AT 279 MAINLINE JETS AND WE ARE PULLING OUT OF ALL THESE CITIES AND REPLACING WITH EXP OPS WHAT ARE ALL THE EXTRA MAINLINE JETS DOING. AIRBUS TO STORAGE IN MOJAVE AND BOEINGS BACK FLYING. WHAT CITIES ARE NEXT AND WHERE ARE THE MAINLINE JETS GOING? NO NEW CITIES! AFTER THE WAR AND THE ECONOMY STARTS TURNING AROUND WHERE DO ALL THE PEOPLE GO? OTHER AIRLINES! GREAT MARKETING PLAN.

The airbii were not sent to the MHV for storage, they were leased from Phillip Morris (Wolf sits on their BOD) and PM would not renegotiate the leases. US abrogated the leases in court and the planes were sent to Goodyear Airport in PHX to be returned to the lessor.

And yes GE renegotiated the leases on ten 737s so US brought them back into the fleet to keep it at 279.