White Church Bans Black Couple From Getting Married

People can take religion and twist it around to justify what ever they want. The people hour mention above are no more representative of Christianity than the extremist are of Islam.

Everything I have read seems to indicate that regions are generally peaceful and are about forgiveness. The violence that people perpetrate in the name of religion is nothing more than a perversion.

Ya, OK 'Tree', I'm with you on your point, but WHY has this AREA (my SE quadrant) been so........More Brutal........over this nasty Issue than the other 3 quadrants, cause' I sure as HEL* can't figure it out, and I've been trying, for (say) the last 55+ years ?

The South (with certain exceptions) seems to be more 'religious', less economically advanced and not as well educated. All that adds up to a more fundamental religious perspective in my opinion. They seem to be the opposite of areas such as the North East and West, North West parts of the country.

Reactions: 2 people
The South (with certain exceptions) seems to be more 'religious', less economically advanced and not as well educated. All that adds up to a more fundamental religious perspective in my opinion. They seem to be the opposite of areas such as the North East and West, North West parts of the country.

Anybody who has ever heard someone from the Bronx, South Boston, New Hampshire or Vermont can hardly generalize that Southerners have the monopoly on ignorance.

Anybody who has ever heard someone from the Bronx, South Boston, New Hampshire or Vermont can hardly generalize that Southerners have the monopoly on ignorance.

In terms of ARROGANCE, Bad drivers, 'acting' Ignorant,.......NO arguement here, But 'lack of education', highest rates of Diabetes, Obesity, lack of college/high school graduation etc. in the SE quadrant,...U S NEWS and WORLD REPORT........DON'T LIE !!

The NE quadrant has MORE World Renoun Hospitals than ANYWHERE else in the WORLD. Trust me, all those Doctors are NOT 'Imported' !

Speaking of the BRONX/South Boston, there is a Catholic church every 5 Blocks, compared to a "Piggly Wiggly'.............................(for an............... Ice Cold .........'CO-COLA' .........and some Chew) every 5 miles in the SE quadrant.
Sorry to 'ruin' your day !

In terms of ARROGANCE, Bad drivers, 'acting' Ignorant,.......NO arguement here, But 'lack of education', highest rates of Diabetes, Obesity, lack of college/high school graduation etc. in the SE quadrant,...U S NEWS and WORLD REPORT........DON'T LIE !!

The NE quadrant has MORE World Renoun Hospitals than ANYWHERE else in the WORLD. Trust me, all those Doctors are NOT 'Imported' !

Speaking of the BRONX/South Boston, there is a Catholic church every 5 Blocks, compared to a "Piggly Wiggly'.............................(for an............... Ice Cold .........'CO-COLA' .........and some Chew) every 5 miles in the SE quadrant.
Obviously, you're not the byproduct of the quality northeastern education you brag about! BTW, US News and World Report DOES lie, you're just not smart enough to figure it out. How is it that you know so much about the south anyway?

I was not aware that education could be determined by how someone sounds. Quite interesting other than the fact that it seems to be a faulty standard at best.

MA, NY and NJ are ranked 2nd, 3rd and 8th according to Education week. The grades for the entire country are pretty pathetic but we all knew that the US education system is quite poor to begin with. There are other groups that rank the education systems as well with similar results.

I was not aware that education could be determined by how someone sounds. Quite interesting other than the fact that it seems to be a faulty standard at best.

MA, NY and NJ are ranked 2nd, 3rd and 8th according to Education week. The grades for the entire country are pretty pathetic but we all knew that the US education system is quite poor to begin with. There are other groups that rank the education systems as well with similar results.

If dumb is the standard even morons can claim they are smarter than somebody.

Dumb is the standard in the South.

That's an RC CO-COLA and a moon pie. Catfish fry on Friday and the annual rattlesnake round up.
I lived in No Carolina then Bama for three years eachand had a great time. People are nice and friendly.

If dumb is the standard even morons can claim they are smarter than somebody.

Dumb is the standard in the South.

Like these Dummies?

[size="-1"]ARTISTS[/size]
[size="-1"]Nall Hollis[/size]
[size="-1"]Artist, Arab[/size]

[size="-1"]CELEBRITIES[/size]
[size="-1"]Tallulah Bankhead[/size]
[size="-1"]Actress, Huntsville[/size]
[size="-1"]Brett Butler[/size]
[size="-1"]Actress and Comedian, Montgomery[/size]
[size="-1"]Courteney Cox[/size]
[size="-1"]Actress, Birmingham[/size]
[size="-1"]Louise Fletcher[/size]
[size="-1"]Kate Jackson[/size]
[size="-1"]Dean Jones[/size]
[size="-1"]Actor, Decatur[/size]
[size="-1"]George Lindsey[/size]
[size="-1"]Actor, Jasper[/size]
[size="-1"]Jim Nabors[/size]
[size="-1"]Actor and Singer, Sylacauga[/size]
[size="-1"]Paula Poundstone[/size]
[size="-1"]Comedian, Birmingham[/size]
[size="-1"]Heather Whitestone[/size]
[size="-1"]Miss America 1995, Birmingham[/size]

[size="-1"]LITERARY FIGURES[/size]
[size="-1"]Beverly Barton[/size]
[size="-1"]Romance Novelist, Tuscumbia[/size]
[size="-1"]Rick Bragg[/size]
[size="-1"]Author, Piedmont[/size]
[size="-1"]Truman Capote[/size]
[size="-1"]1924-1984
Writer, New Orleans[/size]
[size="-1"]Mark Childress[/size]
[size="-1"]Writer, Monroeville[/size]
[size="-1"]Dennis Covington[/size]
[size="-1"]Writer, Birmingham[/size]
[size="-1"]Zelda Fitzgerald[/size]
[size="-1"]1900-1948
Writer, Montgomery[/size]
[size="-1"]Fannie Flagg[/size]
[size="-1"]Actress, Writer, Birmingham[/size]
[size="-1"]Shirley Ann Grau[/size]
[size="-1"]Author, New Orleans[/size]
[size="-1"]Winston Groom[/size]
[size="-1"]Writer, Mobile[/size]
[size="-1"]Sara Haardt[/size]
[size="-1"]Mencken Writer, Montgomery[/size]
[size="-1"]Linda Howard[/size]
[size="-1"]Writer, Gadsden[/size]
[size="-1"]William Bradford Huie[/size]
[size="-1"](1910-1986): Writer, Hartselle[/size]
[size="-1"]Helen Keller[/size]
[size="-1"]Author, Tuscumbia[/size]
[size="-1"]Nelle Harper Lee[/size]
[size="-1"]Writer, Monroeville[/size]
[size="-1"]Robert R. McCammon[/size]
[size="-1"]T.S. Stribling[/size]
[size="-1"]Writer, Florence[/size]
[size="-1"]Margaret Walker[/size]

[size="-1"]MUSICIANS[/size]
[size="-1"]Alabama[/size]

That's an RC CO-COLA and a moon pie. Catfish fry on Friday and the annual rattlesnake round up.
I lived in No Carolina then Bama for three years each and had a great time. People are nice and friendly.
A Baptist church every 5 blocks.

Yeah, Wonder Dog doesn't like to back up his statements with facts, by cutting and pasting the facts.................he'd rather make sh!t up !

Besides...........he doesn't know how to cut and paste !