Who Has The Better Plan For Success?

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
As AA cuts its point to point flying and concentrates on its hubs. Usairways is doing the opposite. They are moving away from the hubs in the hopes of becoming a point to point carrier.

Who is right? Who has the better plan for the future? Given usairways past and its poor management's lack of vision and planning. Its hard to believe there's the better course of action The idea of trying to emulate SWA with highercosts and low fares just seems suicidal. My future as a f/a rests on the plans coming from CP5.

I believe it is smart for USAirways not to have 2 hubs in PA. Pittsburgh, very limited O&D passengers and very expensive to operate as a hub. PHL has great O&D but is not very efficient as a connecting point. If only they could relocate Pittsburgh International and bring it to Philly. It seems to make more sense to use PHL for more point to point. Connect people to Europe and the Carribean. Charlotte, also lacking O&D passengers, is a great facility and ideally located in the southeast. This is Us' largest hub and will remain so. A great connecting point to Florida and the Caribbean. DCA, LGA & BOS are great facilities for US with many FFlyers. Only makes sense for US to offer more non-stop flights. AA, with the strongest global network in the world, has great O&D hubs to work from. AA is everywhere while US is eastcoast.

AA stepped up it's point to point flying as they didn't expect U to be aropund for the last half of the year when the initial plans were made. Since U is still around, AA pulled back to cut cost and be competitive and we will have to see what happens next.

I know this as it was discussed in the Business meeting we had at STL.

Latest posts