Who I think really saved TULE !

Thanks old guy, you sound like a FA complaining about a cabin item placard. 600 airplanes flying 12 hours a day, and all we do is Ts and Bs. Thanks for the support.

That's like saying all the FAs do is pass out drinks, or all the pilots do is sit there and watch the autopilot.
You missed the point of the whole post.

I got the point of your post, you hate line mechanics!!

Just kidding, with congress putting a hold on raises for federal workers and the impending sequestration by congress that will cut the FAAs budget even further, the only thing that will cause action to monitor MROs in other countries will be an unfortunate incident to a US airliner that will have public outcry. The people from OK shouldn't complain too much as they are a very conservative state, cut government spending "unless it effects me" !

Hey Duke. One of the best friends I have ever had is a line mechanic in Denver. I know that you have a difficult job. Many times passengers are waiting for you to get the aircraft ready to depart. I did not mean to belittle the line guys in anyway. In hindsight I should have used different examples. I was just trying to show that O/H guys are A&Ps too. I guess I should have read it back before I posted it. Sorry.

This is why we need Amfa. They always believed all AMTs are equal. Perfect example is the two year limit on Tulsa in the mou with usair. Twu did not save Tulsa. They sold them out as well as the rest of the members they so falsely represent. This is why we need to get those cards signed ASAP. Twu already threw Tulsa out to dry. Usair has no heavy maintenance. Figure out what the results will be in two years. Just happens to be when the MD 80s and 757s will be gone. Tulsa is a ghost town walking courtesy of the twu.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the tax incentives and other savings for AA helped keep TULE (best OH in the business) from closing rather then TWU just giving away our pay and benefits.

Reactions: 1 person
Tulsa was "saved" due to the need of the company and for no other reason. It takes time for the Mexican and Central American interests to get facilities built to handle the additional workload or, barring that, for Scarebus and Boeing to acquire the necessary facilities in the USA. Tulsa's Chamber of Horrors and Dippy Dewey Boobylette are trying to take credit for something they had no influence in. Byhaps this is what's in store for the Tulsa base.

Trust me, boys and girls - actually having to do something while at WORK (rather than Work being optional, should a company interested in making a profit take over the base) makes the shift go faster and leaves one with a rather good feeling about one's self at the end of the day and renews the sense of pride a person takes in their job.

Say what you wish and (attempt to) insult me all you wish for my comment and attitude. Life is not all about aircraft. Almost all at the TULE base can do better for themselves if they can get over the fear of change.

I'll be thinking about you boys and girls while I'm off on President's Day.
You are a wise man Charlie Brown! ------- And yes! "There is more to life than airplanes!!!"

I think the tax incentives and other savings for AA helped keep TULE (best OH in the business) from closing rather then TWU just giving away our pay and benefits.
That's what we said about MCI overhaul! ------- Let's hope it's differant this time!

IMO Tulsa has served their purpose to AA. They have sentenced the AMT to the lowest wages and benefits in the industry until at least 2018. Parker has given Tulsa 2 year furlow protection which tells me that AA will be looking for places to send all the work that Tulsa does somewhere else. The TWU and AA management will threaten TULE with loss of jobs unless we can do it cheaper than anyone else on the planet. Quality does not matter to them. Our components we overhaul here consistantly out perform everyone else's in the industry. Some of them get more than double the time in service between overhauls than anyone else. This does not matter to the top dogs. They will look to get it done cheaper. We can't compete with third world countries when it comes to wages. Although AA has the AMT benefit package right on par with third world labor, the pay is still higher. For some reason they seem willing to pay an AMT a higher wage for working line maint. where the majority of the work done is tire and brake changes. (Not trying to knock line guys) Funny how a guy who builds a landing gear from scratch or does major structural repairs is seen as a lower class AMT. But that is the way we are headed. My only hope is when all the maint. is gone from the U.S. the FAA will have to either lay off all their inspectors or start sending them outside the country to actually look at these facilities that are doing all the aircraft overhauls. The biggest problem AA will have once Tulsa is gone though is that they will have to find someone else to take all the urine tests for the mechanics and pilots work groups.
You're right. If the TWU would have just let all the overhaul work be outsourced to low paying places like AAR, ATS, ST Aero, TIMCO, Aeroman, AMECO, and HAECO like the IBT, AMFA, and IAM then the 4,000 remaining AMTs would have gotten $40/hour. Damn that TWU fighting to keep overhaul jobs in the America!!!

That's what we said about MCI overhaul! ------- Let's hope it's differant this time!
The KC incentives were rigged. If AA had spent the money and not kept the worker headcount over the 750 threshold then AA would have had to pay the money back plus huge penalties. The city covered their behinds well.

Unfortunately for MCI mechs, Kansas City has more going for it then a couple of old hangars. Tulsa has more invested in TULE and more to lose then Kansas City did. Even though MCI had those great assets in the former TWA mechs who took their skills to DWH and AFW.

You're right. If the TWU would have just let all the overhaul work be outsourced to low paying places like AAR, ATS, ST Aero, TIMCO, Aeroman, AMECO, and HAECO like the IBT, AMFA, and IAM then the 4,000 remaining AMTs would have gotten $40/hour. Damn that TWU fighting to keep overhaul jobs in the America!!!

You give the TWU to much credit, AFW gone, MCI gone, TULE survives because the Tulsa politicians and business leaders made it happen, If the TWU had the power to save TUL why not save AFW and MCI are those mechs not worthy? Is the TWU playing God with jobs? The TWU just put a cherry on top by making us the lowest paid in the industry, and attractive for a merger. It kind of backfired on the executives who will be replaced and it kind of backfired on the TWU who it sounds like they will be replaced, has anybody heard the term anybody but the TWU lately?

But i remember in the union meetings the members saying that pay and benefits must be protected. That doesn't matter sense the line locals are being dissolved now anyway. No vote on that one. Must protect against a union raid at all cost. I think it speaks better for a union when they can say how much they have gotten for it's members rather how many members they have.

Who knows if AA would have outsourced all of OH, especially with the lobbying from Tulsa OK, there has been recalls already in the line stations and ORD is hiring off the streets. As I understand it, It's cheaper to do a B check in house then it is to outsource it.

Hopefully this merger will work out, and look forward to working with the USair employees.

We can take this a step further by saying C.R. Smith had more to do with saving TULE then the TWU. By picking Tulsa a small city in 1946 set the stage for AA being taken care of by Tulsa. As opposed to Delta who picked Atlanta or NWA who picked Minniapolis or UAL who picked SFO all big cities that don't need to be too liberal to one company. Just an opinion.

Latest posts