Who is in charge of flight complaints for airlines?

Apr 23, 2020
Hello,

I'm doing some research regarding complaints to airlines. I am interested in communicating with some of the people in charge of complaint management for airlines. What are their titles? How can I contact them? What complaints are they most concerned about. What data is most important to them? What data are they interested in adding?

Any guidance to these people or answers to these questions would be much appreciated. Please state if you are work in this area (e.g. job title) if you respond. Thank you?

You could try sending an email with your questions to the Customer service department on the airline website. Look for a topic heading that says Contact Us. Be sure and explain your own bona fides--Graduate Student working on Master's degree, etc.--otherwise you can be guaranteed there will be no response. If you are just a curious type with time on your hands during the Shelter at home restrictions, you will not get a response other than someone may respond with "the answers to your questions are confidential." The airlines are really paranoid about complaints. I mean you could be a United Airlines spy trying to get dirt on AA for goodness sakes!:eek: As E noted above, there is no one on this site who could answer those questions.

I doubt you will get an answer at all. Aside from the fact the company is not going to go into detail with you about specific complaints (unless you are the complainer), the people in these areas do not have a lot of free time for responding to these types of questions. If you have a complaint that you feel was not handled correctly, just say so. The people in these departments can spot those kinds of inquiries in a split second. Don't try to "fool" them.

Last edited:
WE have ' EOLESEN ' on the site. ( HE who Knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING ) !!!!!!!!!!

Nah, I do know a lot of different areas after 34 years, but this is one I’ve successfully avoided by choice. Never agreed with giving money away to people who buy the cheapest ticket imaginable, get where they’re going and then demand a refund because they didn’t like the person sitting next to them or how the airplane smelled.

Nah, I do know a lot of different areas after 34 years, but this is one I’ve successfully avoided by choice. Never agreed with giving money away to people who buy the cheapest ticket imaginable, get where they’re going and then demand a refund because they didn’t like the person sitting next to them or how the airplane smelled.

Which shows a profound talent for self-care. The only job that may come into contact more often with those type customers is flight attendant. The onboard customers are usually unhappy that their window won't open.

Reactions: eolesen