Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ralph Nader

• George Bush

• Other(Please Specify in Reply)

• Total voters
"It would be fun to have a president who plays hockey, windsurfs, rides motorcycles, plays the guitar, writes poetry and speaks French. It would be good to have a man in the White House who has killed people face-to-face. Killing has a sobering effect on a man and dispels all illusions about war." Charley Reese, (conservative) columnist, Orlando Sentinal.

RJcasualty said:
"It would be fun to have a president who plays hockey, windsurfs, rides motorcycles, plays the guitar, writes poetry and speaks French. It would be good to have a man in the White House who has killed people face-to-face. Killing has a sobering effect on a man and dispels all illusions about war." Charley Reese, (conservative) columnist, Orlando Sentinal.
Ted Bundy and Charles Manson both have some of those qualities. Does that make them a good choice for President? Puuuuuhleeeeeease. :down:

MrAeroMan said:
Ted Bundy and Charles Manson both have some of those qualities. Does that make them a good choice for President? Puuuuuhleeeeeease. :down:
Okie dokey...how about a guy who has seen battle? Yeah, yeah - Clinton never saw battle, but he didn't invade any countries either.

KCFlyer said:
Okie dokey...how about a guy who has seen battle? Yeah, yeah - Clinton never saw battle, but he didn't invade any countries either.
I guess you forgot about Bosnia huh? Then again I suppose that would depend on whatever creative definition you can come up with to support your stance on that issue. Clintonians are known for that.

I miss President Horndog; at least he was interesting and best of all we ALL benefited from a balanced budget and no war. Gee, why would I vote for that Bush guy who has the federal deficit at an all time high and a rip roaring war. Vote for Kerry.

MrAeroMan said:
I guess you forgot about Bosnia huh? Then again I suppose that would depend on whatever creative definition you can come up with to support your stance on that issue. Clintonians are known for that.
I also remember running out of Somalia with our tails between our legs - pushed out by a bunch of tribesmen.

And then promptly standing around while about 1.1 million people got hacked to little bits in central Africa.

Very honorable of the Impeached President.

EyeInTheSky said:
ITRADE, people are STILL getting as you say "hacked to bits" in Africa. So, where's Bush?
Do yourself a favor and research what you're talking about. There were killing squads roaming the country side and the number ITRADE states is accurate. That isn't occuring now so your illusion fades quickly.
As for budget deficits maybe we should take a look at the spending appropriation bills that wind their way through Congress and see which Senator and Congressmen add their own slice of pork to the already bloated bills. It's a disservice to the whole country but yet they all keep doing it. Why? It's because they aren't held accountable at home and no one wants to have "Their" program killed. Let them do it to those that leave me unaffected. The balanced budget you keep taking credit for had everything to do with the Congress being in Republican hands.
The war you're talking about would not have had to be fought if slick Willy had kept his zipper up and concentrated on nabbing Bin Laden. His head had been offered up numerous times during his tenure yet he did nothing so if anything this war rests on his watch. Bush is just trying to clean up the mess left over from him.

Hey, don't let the facts get in your way.

EyeInTheSky said:
ITRADE, people are STILL getting as you say "hacked to bits" in Africa. So, where's Bush?
Oh really? There aren't many Tutsis left. Powell was over in Sudan last week. Neither Allbright nor Suck Me Off in the Oval Office never even bothered.

Right Wing Dogma. Your all lucky you have the democrats around the blame everything on. Who are ya gonna blame when the GOP controlls the white house and both houses of congress? Oh wait.

You guys are amazing. Spin brother, spin. I find it amazing that the Republican zealots are among the most vindictive people on the planet. This will be the downfall of the Republicans: The continued pattern of self-serving, destructive, vindictive, negative nature that is quickly turning off most of middle America. I am neither a Democrat or Republican; I am proud to be a Moderate with respect for both sides. However, I find the nastiness that permiates the die-hard Republican voters a major turn off and major disappointment since it takes away from the issues.

And as for the issue of "Africa", this was on CNN TODAY, but Bush has been in office for 3 1/2 years and he's just NOW getting around to it, what a guy! Bill Gates has done more for Africa than Bush.

Annan: Human suffering needs action
Tuesday, July 6, 2004 Posted: 11:10 AM EDT (1510 GMT)

ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia (AP) -- U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan warned African leaders Tuesday that the humanitarian crisis in Sudan's Darfur region could destabilize the region if they don't take action.

Annan addressed the 40 leaders, including Sudan's President Omar el-Bashir, after a visit to Darfur -- where thousands have been killed and more than a million black Africans have fled attacks by Arab militiamen. He also visited refugee camps in neighboring Chad.

"The ruined villages, the camps overflowing with sick and hungry women and children, and the fear in the eyes of the people should be a clear warning to all of us," Annan said.

"Without action, the brutalities already inflicted on the civilian population of Darfur could be a prelude to even greater humanitarian catastrophe -- a catastrophe that could destabilize the region," he said

The African Union said it would send 300 troops to protect refugees in Sudan and Chad. The troops also will protect military observers monitoring a cease-fire in Darfur.

Sam Ibok, director of the African Union's Peace and Security division, said the troops would be deployed soon, but did not give a date. He said the force would include troops from Nigeria and Rwanda. Tanzania and Botswana may also send peacekeepers.

The commitment of the African force marks a significant increase from the 150 unarmed African Union monitors who were expected to go to Darfur as part of an April cease-fire agreement in Sudan. A small number of African Union monitors are already there.

The United Nations has said that thousands of people have been killed and more than 1 million others were forced from their homes, most taking shelter in makeshift camps along the Chad-Sudan border.

U.N. officials and human rights groups have accused Sudan of backing the Arab militias, who are engaged in a campaign to violently expel African farmers from the vast western region. Annan has said the crisis is "bordering on ethnic cleansing."

Seeking safety
In the past few days, more than 100 desperate people journeyed through heavy fighting on foot and flatbed trucks to a camp for those fleeing the violence in South Darfur, said Jennifer Pagonis, a spokeswoman for the U.N. refugee agency.

The victims came from an area where Sudanese government troops and their allies -- a militia called the Janjaweed, which means "horsemen" in the local dialect -- last week reportedly attacked a territory largely held by a rebel group in Darfur, Pagonis said in Geneva.

Their stories were similar to those other refugees. They were chased from their homes by Antonov aircraft and helicopter gunships, followed by armed men in pickup trucks and on horses and camels, Pagonis said, citing the witness accounts.

During a visit to the region last week, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell won a commitment from Sudan's President Omar el-Bashir to contain the militias and allow human rights monitors into Darfur.

Powell had earlier said that if Sudan refuses to take decisive steps to cut its ties to the Arab militias, it cannot expect to have normal relations with the United States.

Up to 30,000 people have been killed in the uprising, and the U.S. Agency for International Development believes the number could grow to 300,000 if aid doesn't reach those in desperate need.

Annan warned that the continent's conflicts were endangering efforts to end poverty and disease in Africa, adding that he was concerned about violence and human rights abuses in eastern Congo, Ivory Coast and tensions between Ethiopia and Eritrea.

Since the 1960s, the world's poorest continent has seen some 30 conflicts claiming at least seven million lives, mainly through war-induced hunger and disease.

The violence has cost Africa some $250 billion, the African Union said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

isthisok said:
MrAeroMan and ITRADE can I have some of what you two are smoking?
It's called truth my friend. It's something you and yours try to skew for your betterment but in the end we all know what's really going on whether you want to admit it or not. Take off those rose colored glasses and you might be able to see that.

Back